Hello everyone! I've been on the average to thinner side most of my life. However When I was 21 I noticed my weight had really started getting out of hand and I didn't know why as I've always been really good with exercise and maintaining a healthy diet. After going back and fourth to the doctors for months they eventually sent me to an endocrinologist and discovered that my testosterone levels were through the roof , put some of my other symptoms and pieces together and eventually diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Since being diagnosed, I've tried various weight loss programs and even if I succeeded in weight loss its always come back and I feel helpless. Diabetes runs heavily in my family and I'm worried about getting diabetes myself. I've been considering weight loss surgery and wanted to know if my situation is enough for me to have the lap band procedure done. I'm currently 25 weigh 200lbs and am 5'6 giving me a BMI of 31. I've read if you do not have a BMI of at least 40 they will work with you if it is at least 30 but you need to also have some sort of weight threatening disorder.Does anyone out there have a similar story to mine or had the Lap Band procedure done with a BMI under 40? Do you think I'm a good candidate for this procedure given my back round? Thanks so much,
Taylor