So most of you know that I'm obsessed and maybe even have the heart of an engineer. Gotta love my number crunching and data! I've been on the Quest for the perfect low carb, healthy egg mcmuffin for many years and have come up with several on my blog fluffychixcook(dot)com. But they aren't really bariatric friendly. The bread is way too filling for a bariatric patient and tends to swell in the tummy. Great for a normie trying to fill their tummy up--bad if you have suture lines and seams! So I've been trying to create a satisfying "sammy" cuz I miss my egg mcmuffins. It needed to be heavy on Protein and light on bread, cals, and carbs. I've made it with crispy lc tortilla rounds and with cheese crackers but it didn't really appease the egg mcmuffin gods. You know? But this morning I think I've come almost there. I'm about 90% of the way to the ball. Egg McMuffinless Brekky Sandwich (8weeks) Serves 1 (about 1/2c volume) 75g egg whites (HEB Real Egg Whites) 1/8 tsp granulated garlic 1/2 tsp Taco Bell Mild Sauce (or your favorite) s/p 1 slice Hillshire Farms Naturals Black Forest Ham 1/2 slice 2% DeliDeluxe Cheese (Kraft) Pour egg into a 4oz ramekin. Add next 3 ingredients. Stir. Cover with plastic wrap and poke 3 holes in wrap. Nuke in intervals until done and egg is puffy and almost dry. (I do 30-10-10-10). Remove from ramekin. Split like a biscuit. Blot with a paper towel and fill with your favorite Breakfast sandwich filling. I used 1/2slice of American cheese (2%) and a slice of HSF ham. I stuck some spinach leaves in it cuz green makes me happy. It's VERY filling! Nutrition: 90 cals; 2g fat; 13g protein; 2g carbs; 0g fiber; 2g net carbs; 0g sugar