Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

#1. Surgery date? yesterday! 2/10/10

#2. State you live in? Maryland

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Cynthia Long, Holy Cross

#4. Insurance or self pay? Aetna

#5. Age and height 30 5 foot 7 inches

#6. Current weight and goal weight? Current 275-goal? 200 would be nice, 170 or so even better!

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? To have a healthy pregnancy in the future.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? My husband supports me for health reasons, friends don't really get it, most people don't know though.

#8. Concerns and questions? Getting off this darn 2 week post-op liquid diet!

Day 2 of my preop diet... doing great do far, lost 2.5 pounds yesterday, hoping to lose the same every day :thumbup: 11 days til surgery!

i'm going to be banded in less than 24hours! I'm on Clear Liquids today.........fun, fun.

Packed my bag yesterday.......gas-x, chapstick, ear plugs, book, med's i'm soon going to be off, warm socks, lotion, comfy loose clothes to come home in, etc..... I'm even prepared for my period to start since i've heard that many women do after surgery.

Good luck guys.....i'll post my experience in a couple days or so....

i know you'll be @ home when this is posted ,you have a great attitude from what i can see.my big day is 02-12-10 its been a long time coming!i am ready and can't wait to come share my personal experience on this great site!!!

#1. Surgery date? Thursday, February 25

#2. State you live in? TX

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr.Griffon/Bay area medical center

#4. Insurance or self pay? 90% insurance (THANK GOD)

#5. Age and height? 20 and 5' 4.5"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 246 lbs and 135 lbs

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

When I was put on High blood pressure medication and my dad got diabetes.

#8. Do you have the support of family and friends?

my mom has always supported me because she having the same problems. My dad was always against it, even though he was overweight, he thinks we can all do it with just healthy food and exercise. but finally after seeing how much it meant to me, he finally supports me now. I have only told one of my best friends and she has been so supportive as well.

#9. Concerns and questions?

I am just worried about being on birth control. I started bc a month and a half ago because of hormone problems and miss periods. my surgeon hasnt told me if i need to get off of them before the surgery, i dont know if he knows i am on them. now its 2 weeks away and i dont want to mention it because i dont want my surgery to get postponed. =/

I had to stop my BC pills 10 days before. Surgeon never mentioned it but when I went to pre-op they freaked out about it and he told me to stop taking it. Good luck to you!

Technally this is my reposition date... but I'm also trying to make it a 'second chance' date too!

#1. 9th Feb

#2. Queensland, Australia

#3. Dr. Bruce W. (Can't remmeber his last name! haha), Royal Brisbane Hospital

#4. Public Healthcare.

#5. 24, 5.7

#6. Currently 135kgs, would be happy with 70kgs

#7. Iw ant to feel my age! (Whatever that feels like!)

#7.Nothing so far :scared2:

Unless anyone has some great liquid recipies!

#1 Surgery Date: February 25

#2 State: Nebraska

#3 Surgeon/Hospital: Dr. Taddeucci/Nebraska Surgery Center

#4 Insurance: Self-Pay $15,250.00

#5 Age and Height: 39 years old / 6 ft. tall

#6 Current Weight: 291 lbs. Goal Weight: 175 lbs.

#7 Deciding Factor: I'm a single mom of 2 young children. I want to be healthy and energetic for them.

#8 Support of Family/Friends: I've told my mom and a few close friends. They are all very supportive. I'm waiting until after the surgery to tell more people.

#9 Concerns & Questions: I've given this a lot of thought, and I've done a lot of research. I don't have any concerns at this point. :scared2:

Well, Im home, had my band placed on tuesday the 9th. Feel okay. Tummy is sore , but not terrible. Im always cold tho. Im tired but walk arould as much as I can. I had a shower and took bandages off. The port is where Im the most sore, and it has the most staples, 5 of them. the rest have 1 or 2 staples each, and they come out on monday.

I get to start pureed Protein tommorrow, and Im actually looking forward to it too!! 10 pounds gone on preop diet and lost 3 more since tuesday......Not bad.

Good luck to everyone else, and keep in touch......

Well, Im home, had my band placed on tuesday the 9th. Feel okay. Tummy is sore , but not terrible. Im always cold tho. Im tired but walk arould as much as I can. I had a shower and took bandages off. The port is where Im the most sore, and it has the most staples, 5 of them. the rest have 1 or 2 staples each, and they come out on monday.

I get to start pureed Protein tommorrow, and Im actually looking forward to it too!! 10 pounds gone on preop diet and lost 3 more since tuesday......Not bad.

Good luck to everyone else, and keep in touch......

I had it on the same day! :scared2: But they glued mine shut.

Staples are great though, as strange as it is, they have the least amount of scarring of any of them.

#1. Surgery date? 2/24/10

#2. State you live in? NC

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Bovard Bariatrics

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay

#5. Age and height 31/5'3

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 226/150

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I hate looking at my body in the mirror, i have 14 steps to get upstairs and get totally short of breath, my knee pops, my back hurts, i cant keep up with my autistic daughter and i stay depressed all the time!!!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I finally have the support of my boyfriend and my parents after they saw how my weight was really affecting my life.

#8. Concerns and questions? The only concern that I have is loose skin, i really dont want to get that if i can help it.:scared2:

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

We all know this is going to be a long road and we will all handle things differently so let's be there for eachother and make this journey a little easier!

Hello All February 2010 Bandsters!!

#1. Surgery date? 2/25/10

#2. State you live in? Washington

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Michaelson at Nowrthwest Weight Loss Surgery Center

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance Anthem BCBS (approval in 6 days!!!!)

#5. Age and height 33 6ft 1in

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 340/220

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, DEATH

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Spouse and a few friends

#8. Concerns and questions? Just want to be the AFTER picture.

I had to stop my BC pills 10 days before. Surgeon never mentioned it but when I went to pre-op they freaked out about it and he told me to stop taking it. Good luck to you!

thanks! i will start the sugar pills next week, so maybe once i get there i will stop.

i have never been on bc nor ever stopped taking it, what happened when u stopped taking it? im assuming ill have my period during the sugar pills, but if i dont start a new pack will i stay on my period or will it just stop? i dont want to be on my period during my surgery =/

thanks! i will start the sugar pills next week, so maybe once i get there i will stop.

i have never been on bc nor ever stopped taking it, what happened when u stopped taking it? im assuming ill have my period during the sugar pills, but if i dont start a new pack will i stay on my period or will it just stop? i dont want to be on my period during my surgery =/

In my surgery packet they said to stop the BC 2 weeks out so if you stop soon - it should be ok.

Stopping BC pills would put you into your period but since it's your time anyway it shouldn't be any different. Usually you run your normal course and stop but since you were not regular before......it may be different. I would stop right away so I had time to have my period and get over it before surgery!

Good luck.

In my surgery packet they said to stop the BC 2 weeks out so if you stop soon - it should be ok.

Stopping BC pills would put you into your period but since it's your time anyway it shouldn't be any different. Usually you run your normal course and stop but since you were not regular before......it may be different. I would stop right away so I had time to have my period and get over it before surgery!

Good luck.

My doctor doesn't even require me to stop using BC at all.. I know, how lucky am I!

So, even if you are late starting, I am sure it will be fine. It can't be THAT big of a deal if some doctors don't even require it, right?

#1. Surgery date? 2/26/2010

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Whelchel

#4. Insurance or self pay? Tricare Prime

#5. Age and height 30 5 foot 3 inches

#6. Current weight and goal weight? Current 236-goal? 140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? To become more healthy

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes

#8. Concerns and questions? Not being able to pick up my 2 year old son for a while.

Edited by mrsdivine