Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

I'm jealous of Kathy & Mariposa. So eager to be starting the new life and having surgery behind me.

Go team Feb. 2010 bandsters.

I'm jealous of Kathy & Mariposa. So eager to be starting the new life and having surgery behind me.

Go team Feb. 2010 bandsters.

We have the same surgery date :cursing: Yes, I am jealous, too, but our time will come!!! It is now less than 2 weeks away. I start my preop diet tomorrow... which makes it all more real! It will be here before we know it and we will officially be BANDSTERS!!

Janelle - I began pre-op yesterday. Enjoy the sun in Mexico and the successful banding experience. We'll travel this journey together and with the others in Feb.

I'm banded!!!!!

And I'm really feeling surprisingly good. I do have one incision that is quite sore, but the pain medicine takes care of it for the most part. I've got a little bit of gas pain, but not too terrible at this point, hopefully it won't be too bad in the next few days. I do have to be careful when getting up and down and rolling over in bed. But I really am shocked at how good I feel. I hope that encourages those of you who are going soon.

Can't tell anything is different really. Clear Liquids go down fine. I had quite a large hiatal hernia (2 inches diameter.) I was pretty sure I did going into it.

Northern Mist - I was thinking of you last night. I was sitting here nervous, trying to sip some tea before midnight. I thought how nice it might have been to be in a hotel and enjoying a hot tub. Hope you were able to enjoy it and you are feeling well.

I am getting a little bored with my post op diet, any suggestions? I am eating things like turkey breast, cottage cheese, eggs, tomatoes, slices of low-fat cheese, light yogurt. Im scared to try anything else.

Thats GREAT! :thumbup: I'm so bad with the meds and stuff, I'm a baby!! You are home the same day? I had 1 night in the hospital.. Good luck with your recovery

#1. Surgery date? Feb 24th 2010

#2. State you live in? Texas

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Keith Wright-True Results

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 34-5'7

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 266-170

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Was set to have it Feb 2009 but didnt know to much about it so i backed out. Regretted backing out Sept 2009 so I went back to try again since I made little progress losing weight on my own through Nutrisystem.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes I do

#8. Concerns and questions? Just getting scared like we all are since surgery is so close now. But I am more afraid of the outcome if I dont try this.

I am getting a little bored with my post op diet, any suggestions? I am eating things like turkey breast, cottage cheese, eggs, tomatoes, slices of low-fat cheese, light yogurt. Im scared to try anything else.

How many day out are you?

Congratulations to all of the newly bandsters in the last week! I hope that everyone's surgeries went well and now you're all well on your way to a new you!

I'm really excited as my surgery date is starting to peak the horizon! Went to a support group yesterday and my pre-op todayl I start my 14 day pre-op liquid diet which is two Meal Replacement shakes and Soup (any kind I choose including homemade and Soups with solids!). I only have to have blood work, no chest xray or ekg. I'm so excited!!:thumbup:

weight.png

Hi All -

I'm banded! Things went well during the surgery and the hospital staff is amazing and I let them know! I never wanted or needed for anything. They were on the ball and so nice.

I'm not going to lie - the first day was a little rough with the pain and not being able to get comfortable at all. The first pain I felt was the gas in my shoulder and my chest. Yes it can happen in both places at once - ouch. I was feeling it before I could even open my eyes in the recovery room. It's not so bad now though - here and there I can feel it but not as bad.

Stomache is sore - getting up and down is hard to do. Getting comfortable and sleeping in the recliner is hard to manage but the liquid pain med's are a blessing.

Surgeon told me he fixed a hiatel (sp) hernia while he was in there. It took a good part of the 1st day to fully wake up and be aware of things and people. I would drop off to sleep in the middle of a conversation...... too funny.

I'll post more later.... I can tell I'm rambling due to the med's......

#1. Surgery Date: February 11, 2010

#2. State you live in? Michigan

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Kralovich, Hurley Hosp.

#4. Insurance or self pay? BCBS

#5. Age and height 46/ 5'4

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 233/140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Healthier lifestyle and to avoid the comorbidities.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes an awesome husband.

#8. Concerns and questions? Fear of failing again.:thumbup:

Glad things went well for you Northern Mist!

Someone asked, my surgery was outpatient. I had surgery at 11:30, and I was on the way home by 5:00. I'm glad too. I just didn't feel comfie in that hospital bed and with the hospital pillows and bedding!

Day 2 has been a little worse for me. I am feeling much more incision pain. I'm still getting gas pain, but if I walk around the house a few times I burp - a few times - and it helps. The Gas-X strips also help. I too felt the gas pain as soon as I woke up from surgery. It made me feel like I couldn't breathe well.

I wish I had a recliner to sleep in. I try to prop myself up in bed, but it is difficult. I have had to have help getting up and down, getting covers pulled up, getting dressed.

On a good note, I am 24 hours out now and able to have pureed foods. I had a tiny bit of pureed chicken salad, and a little bit of applesauce. My dietician recommends chicken salad because it doesn't look as unappetizing as other meats when you puree it. It tasted wonderful after such a long time with no real food.< /p>

Hope the rest of you are hanging in there!

I thought I'd respond because I am a Feb09 bandster! Yes, I am hitting my anniversary and just thought I'd give some of my (hopefully) sage advice. First, this is not magic. I know your doctor told you that, but it is true. On the other hand, it is the best choice I ever made. I can only say it is though I was injected with self control! Some things are different, as there are foods I just can't eat (pizza, most meat, bananas), on the other hand, who cares about meat when I can now go buy a size 10 pair of jeans!!! ( I thought they were mis-sized, but I have two pairs from different designers, so it must be true!)I never thought I could go out to dinner and leave over two thirds of a meal. So now that I can, I feel like I am free to eat without any guilt. I can't eat much, but I thoroughly enjoy whatever I have. I have lost 70 pounds and now weigh the least amount of my entire adult life. My ultimate goal is a size 6 (I started at size 20), or 30 more pounds, whichever is first! I feel awesome, and think this was the best choice I could have made for my mental and physical health. Good luck to all of you!

was banded yesterday. IN more pain than I thought would be. Glad i filled my prescripton for narcotic.

I cant believe the bloating!! If only I could pass gas!!!

and what a bummer wieghed myself today when I got up and I am up 5lbs, must be all the Fluid that was replaced via IV

was banded yesterday. IN more pain than I thought would be. Glad i filled my prescripton for narcotic.

I cant believe the bloating!! If only I could pass gas!!!

and what a bummer wieghed myself today when I got up and I am up 5lbs, must be all the Fluid that was replaced via IV

Yes it is all the IV and swelling from the surgery, I sill have bloating and Aim 1 week and a day out... everyday get better just make sure you walk around a Little ....

Glad to hear that everyones surgerys went well!!

Things are getting better for me know, eating more things and gain More energy:smile2: