Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

I just saw something very funny but very scary! I decided to what if any LAP-BAND® books there were on Ebay. What did I find? An Inamed LAP-BAND® TUBING kit as well as all of the laproscopic instruments needed for LP surgery!!!! :biggrin:

Funny but scary huh? I just have visions in my head of "Doctors" in back alleys performing WLS!!!

LOL! How strange!!!

Day 7 of my pre-op diet and have lost 10 lbs........Some days I'm not hungry at all and some days I'm starving by dinnertime!

I'm sick to death of Protein drinks......yuck!

10 pounds is pretty good! I hope to lose that much in 7 days! I have 13 total to lose plus whatever I have gained while waiting to start my preop diet :biggrin:

Day 7 of my pre-op diet and have lost 10 lbs........Some days I'm not hungry at all and some days I'm starving by dinnertime!

I'm sick to death of Protein drinks......yuck!

Good to know. I am on day two, but thought today was better than yesterday. I will have to take it day to day, I am trying to space things out better today than yesterday, and so far it has helped.

#1. Surgery date? 2-25-10

#2. State you live in? New Mexico

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Adam Smith/Lovelace Westside Hospital

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance (Anthem of CA BCBS) & Self Pay Co-insurance & Deductible

#5. Age and height - 51 and 5' 2"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 273 current (Highest 285) 150 goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I need to be a healthier me, losing weight will allow me to have better control over diabetes.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes, I really haven't had negative reactions or comments from anyone that I've told. Anyway it about me and for me!

#8. Concerns and questions? Not really. I did a lot of research and reading before I made this decision. I have had sugeries in the past without complications, so I'm not faced with the unknown of that process. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!:biggrin:

weight.png

Hey Feb Bandsters!! Monday begins our month!!! woot woot!!!!

I am on day 6 of my Optifast only two week preop diet. Surgery on 2/9!!!

Hey Foxy Peoples! I have been doing the liquid diet since January 26 th and my tummy isn't very happy! Is anyone else having tummy aches? Anyways, I started the Protein Shakes a month early instead of eating 2 meals and I lost weight pretty fast and I am starting to get the hang of flavoring these things. I have learned to add cinnimon, nutmeg, vanilla, and espresso syrups (sugar-free) to make the shakes bearable also adding an extra pack of sweetener helps. Oh yea, and you can make them as warm as coffee maker coffee and they are alot better. I keep dreaming of eating though, and when I wake up I am not sure if I did or not. I just don't want to screw this up. My loving support is going out there to all other Feb. Bandits this is not the "easy way" this is the healthy way and honey there isn't nothin' easy about it!:thumbup:

It will be February here in less than 25 hours and I still don't have a date yet. :thumbup:

Am I the only one that may have to pack their bags and get off of this thread?

It will be February here in less than 25 hours and I still don't have a date yet. :thumbup:

Hope not..... you are an interesting kinda guy. :) Not everyone likes what you say but hey... honesty isn't always welcome.

Hey Foxy Peoples! I have been doing the liquid diet since January 26 th and my tummy isn't very happy! Is anyone else having tummy aches? Anyways, I started the Protein Shakes a month early instead of eating 2 meals and I lost weight pretty fast and I am starting to get the hang of flavoring these things. I have learned to add cinnimon, nutmeg, vanilla, and espresso syrups (sugar-free) to make the shakes bearable also adding an extra pack of sweetener helps. Oh yea, and you can make them as warm as coffee maker coffee and they are alot better. I keep dreaming of eating though, and when I wake up I am not sure if I did or not. I just don't want to screw this up. My loving support is going out there to all other Feb. Bandits this is not the "easy way" this is the healthy way and honey there isn't nothin' easy about it!:thumbup:

I dream about eating too! It's very strange.....but I usually am eating something we don't have in the house so I'm sure I didn't just sleep eat it! I think I'm so consumed with this pre-op diet right now that I'm taking all of it to bed with me....... :)

No stomache aches but I sure am getting the head aches. Lack of caffeine or calories....or both I guess.

The shake I can tolerate without gagging is the Unjury Vanilla with 2 strawberries blended in with 4-5 oz of skim milk. Everything else is a huge chore to get down.

Good luck!

I dream about eating too! It's very strange.....but I usually am eating something we don't have in the house so I'm sure I didn't just sleep eat it! I think I'm so consumed with this pre-op diet right now that I'm taking all of it to bed with me....... :)

No stomache aches but I sure am getting the head aches. Lack of caffeine or calories....or both I guess.

The shake I can tolerate without gagging is the Unjury Vanilla with 2 strawberries blended in with 4-5 oz of skim milk. Everything else is a huge chore to get down.

Good luck!

I totally feel you on the headaches!!! I am so jealous about you being able to have milk, my doctor is anti-dairy, we can only mix our shakes with water! Yuck!:thumbup:

I can only mix mine with Water as well. THe shakes are gross gross gross!! I have to chug a lug them!!!

I dont get stomache aches but can feel the fluids moving through my GI tract!!! then I get cramps and have my daily diarrhea (sorry TMI).

I also dream of food. I have two elementary school ages daughters and a hubby who are eating food and it is killing me!!!

btrieger, I hope you get your date soon and you get to stay with us!!

Oh, I hope not. Have you just given a quick call to the Dr. I was supposed to be January and when I called, they misfiled my folder and never requested approval from my insurance. They fast tracked me as soon as I spoke to them and I had an answer and a date in 48 hours.

Just wanted to add that I too have a wicked headache and am finding it difficult to concentrate (my HS kids should have a great day tomorrow, fortunately I did all the planning and set up for the week on Friday before I left!). I keep looking at the big picture though and know this is only for a short time.

Edited by patsal

#1. Surgery date? Feb. 5, 2010

#2. State you live in? Texas

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Robert Snow/Surgery Center

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance/Co-pay, $1800.00

#5. Age and height 43/5'6

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 252/170

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? To be healthy and keep up with my 2 year old.

Do you have the support of family and friends? Very much so.

#8. Concerns and questions? My main concern is to make it past the 5 day pre-op liqued diet!!!:thumbup:

Neah, you're a keeper...we'll superglue u to the thread lol

it will be february here in less than 25 hours and i still don't have a date yet. :thumbup:

am i the only one that may have to pack their bags and get off of this thread?

I can only mix mine with Water as well. THe shakes are gross gross gross!! I have to chug a lug them!!!

I dont get stomache aches but can feel the fluids moving through my GI tract!!! then I get cramps and have my daily diarrhea (sorry TMI).

also dream of food. I have two elementary school ages daughters and a hubby who are eating food and it is killing me!!!

btrieger, I hope you get your date soon and you get to stay with us!![/quote

Daily diarrhea (sorry TMI) Mean while I have trouble going!:thumbup: I find the optfast chol is good have you tried that one?Oh my g.... having children in the house makes it soooo hard ! I think of food all the time, and every where I go is food... I acually asked my mother to go the food store yesterday for me to pick up my day before and post op food plus my son's stuff for the next 2 weeks becase I just can't..I just can't wait till this this is done, I have heard some people at my Dr's office and they have said after the sugery this all goes away, I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just have 2 days left:thumbup::)