Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Hi

It's unfortunate to here you dont have any support MissCherita but dont dispair because the others are right we are all here for each other and what a good support group we will be. Well I start my pre-op diet tomorrow after my appointment with the dietician, Im no looking forward to to it(I dont expect anyone does) but it needs to be done, I'll just be trying to get through it a day at a time...lol Its just over 2 weeks until my surgery date(10th) and the wait is killing me, Im so impaitenant.

Anyway I am happy if anyone wants to message me & I'll let use know how im coping with the liquid diet.< /p>

Edited by rabandmary

Got my insurance approval letter yesterday! Wahoo! I would get excited except that my doctor's case manager said it takes from 6 - 12 weeks to get the pre-surgical testing done. I have already done my psych eval so all that is left is the GI to test for hernias and blood work. Once those are done, THEN they schedule my surgery. :cursing: What the heck? Who knows how long they are scheduled out..goodness knows how long those are scheduled out since my initial surgeon's visit was 5 weeks out. I'm not excited at all since I have this looming date which seems to be waaaaaay out on the horizon. I'm just very thankful that I don't have to fight the insurance and that I have it and so many people have to fight or self pay to be healthy. My heart goes out to all of those people! Talk about discrimination! Anyhoo...I am very glad for my insurance approval but who knows what month I will have to start posting on....perhaps I should start the June Surgeries posting! :scared2:

:cursing: a month from today and i'll be banded!!! whoa! countdown to pre-op diet!! yikes!! can i use a few more exclamation points?!?! lol i'm getting scared & nervous & anxious & crazy!!

I know what you mean, Carmen, I begin my pr-op diet on Friday and for the first time ever Friday doesn't seem all that far away!

I purchased all my pre-op food and they are in two little bags on the dining room floor. On Thursday I will move one to the kitchen counter, with specific rules for everyone to leave it alone. DS who has been underweight for 17 of his 18 years will be the only one I am worried about--he loves sugarfree vanilla pudding, no sugar added apple sauce and yoplait yogurt! I picked up some yoplait on shopping day and thought I "sheltered" it well in the fridge--not so he keeps telling me how great they taste!:cursing:

It will be ok and go by quickly, at least we have one another around here to really understand what we are going through and keep us encouraged!

#1. Surgery date? February 11, 2010

#2. State you live in? Kentucky

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Brian Swain

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height? 29 / 5'8.5"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 318 / 170

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

I have had alot of scares lately all due to my weight. I started taking insulin shots and am on a ton of meds. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am young but my body feels like its in it 80s. I want to be a young woman, get married, and have babies. I want to go to a normal store, ride a roller coaster, and not be deathly scared of a turnstyle! Ok I could go on with this for hours but you get the point. :scared2:

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I am so blessed. I have the best mother in the whole world. She is taking time off work to be there for surgery and to take care of me after. I also have alot of support from my wonderful friends who will love me fat or not fat.

#8. Concerns and questions? Most of all I wonder if this will work. I am so willing to work hard. I am scared to death of surgery because this will be my first. I am the biggest pain wimp ever! A simple little headache can take me down. I am also hoping I am strong enough to get through the LSD. The reason I am doing this is because I cant control this monster so what if it takes over. I am scared about the changes that will happen when I start losing weight. I have always been fat and I dont know anything else. Will I start feeling vulnerable because I am getting smaller and dont protect myself as well as my fat shell did? Wow I have a ton of things on my mind and a million questions lol :cursing:

Hi I am Lauryn and am excited to have some buddies to go through this with!!

#1. Surgery date? Feb. 12 th (early in the morning!!)

#2. State you live in? TN

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Woodman / Memphis, TN

#4. Insurance or self pay? insurance about $1200

#5. Age and height 47 / 5'7"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 271 / 153

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I am so tired of being HUGE!!!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I have incredible support from my husband and sister. Have not told any other family or friends and don't plan to.

#8. Concerns and questions? I already have a feflux problem and and worried that this will make it worse. When I asked my surgeon if the band would make it worse he said--"I don't know, we'll find out:glare:

Hello everyone! I am new to this site, but not new to this topic...LAP-BAND®®® Surgery. I went to my first meeting in October of 2008, met with my surgeon in November 2008, then basically jumped through hoops for my insurance company for much of 2009. I was given 2 dates, one in June 2009, and the next in july 2009, both were cancelled because of denials from my insurance co. I was so frustrated and depressed. My insurance was through my husband and his job, so what I decided to do was opt-in to the insurance at my job (which is no cost for yourself, amazing right?). I enrolled in Nov 09, it became effective Jan 1st 2010, my surgeons office submitted the info to my new (and wonderful!) insurance co and I was approved for surgery 3 days later! So now my Surgery is scheduled for February 18th! WooHoo!! I am very excited but also very nervous. So I am hoping the support and information here will ease my mind a bit. Anyone scheduled for surgery the same day as I am?;)

Pre Op Testing: Feb 12th

Surgery Date: Feb 18th

weight.png

#1. Surgery date? 2/4/2010

#2. State you live in? NYC

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Maria Kurian

#4. Insurance or self pay?insurance

#5. Age and height 25/5'9"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 352 give or take/ goal 160lbs

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I want my body to match how I feel on the inside. I am so sick of going to doctor for non-weight related issues and my doctor would say the reason for my issue was my weight. Tired of not being able to fit through the turnstile of MSG to see a concert. Cannot fit comfortably in seats. Tired of sweating or being hot all the time. Tired of the wieght loss/weight gain emotional rollercoaster. I am just tired. Plus this year for the first time I am starting to FEEL big meaning my knees are really giving me problems. I was fine at 300-330 but 350lbs is the max. I regret to admit that I lost some of my mobility . Nobody would notice if they saw me but I do. I have been waiting to drive for years but now when I drive, I practically need a crutch to walk sometimes afterwards.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yea but my mother always says "you did it before so you can do it again." I feel the same way but a little help... well a lot of help does not hurt. lol

#8. Concerns and questions? I am starving during this pre-iquid diet before surgery. I wonder if I can have chicken noodle Soup? There is not any vegetable Soup that does not have the high calorie veges like peas,bean.pshhh I am worry alot too such as would I be the one time the surgery goes awfully wrong. All these people are going to see me naked. I am shy. I am also worried about work. It is such the worst time to do this but if now, then when.

.....and anything else you would like to add! I think it is brave for us to take this drastic step at losing weight depsite what others think. For some people it is their last option but not for everyone. Regardless it is a step in the right direction. We should not feel bad or feel as though we are giving up and letting the surgery lose weight for us. We are doing the complete opposite. We are finally focusing on ourselves and making an effort. Despite what everyone else says, my mother nor anyone except for big people know what it is like to be big/overweight. Keep your heads up yall. We will get through it together. Also go to the group meetings. You make instant life long friendships...something I have not been able to do that easily on my own

#1. Surgery date? Not sure yet....

#2. State you live in? Kansas

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Bernsten at Tallgrass

#4. Insurance or self pay? Tricare

#5. Age and height 30+ and 5'1"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 230/140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I want to be a better mom, a more active mom, and I'm just plain tired of being fat despite everything I've tried before.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? yes

#8. Concerns and questions? Finding a decent tasting high Protein Meal Replacement for the liquid phases and getting my whole family to eat better.

I just got my surgery date today. It is for Feb. 8. I only have to do a clear liquid diet on Sunday before so it won't be that bad.

Hi Marge! I'm in Sarasota too! My surgery date is Feb. 11th, however I'm commuting to Tampa for my surgery. We'll have to keep in touch, it's exciting isn't it!!!

Hi everyone,

Going tonight to shop for pre-op diet food, getting nervous!!! Seems very real now, keep thinking what food would I like to eat most - before, really trying to stop thinking like that.

I'm on my second day of my pre-op diet. Besides the headache and the short temper - I'm doing great! Don't ask my family though - :confused:

February 8th here I come!

I'm on Day 12 of the Preop diet, and it's starting to get to me. Not like at the beginning when I was starving and miserable. But I'm really missing eating something I enjoy. I would love to have an apple or a salad or a piece of meat. Knowing I have 2 more weeks of this is discouraging. I hope when I get down to the last week it will get easier knowing the end is near.

I'm on Day 12 of the Preop diet, and it's starting to get to me. Not like at the beginning when I was starving and miserable. But I'm really missing eating something I enjoy. I would love to have an apple or a salad or a piece of meat. Knowing I have 2 more weeks of this is discouraging. I hope when I get down to the last week it will get easier knowing the end is near.

I know how you feel, today is day 8 on preop diet and I would love to just eat something, it is driving me crazy:scared2:

My surgey is 1 week from today and i can't wait, this time next week I will be banded :thumbup:. I just saw me Dr today and had my pre op at the hospital and tomoworw isee my reg. dr for medical clearence:smile2: