Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm losing my hair...

For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed my hair thinning. I have thick hair to begin with, but I have noticed my hair is a lot thinner. I'm really freaking out, I had my surgery in September, and have only lost 15lbs and now I'm losing my hair! Anybody else have this problem? Anything I can do to stop this? Any help would be appreciated.

I have really long hair and I had hair coming out by the hand fulls. After each shower I had to through away a lot of hair from the tub. It only lasted about 2 month or so.

I told my doctor and she said to make sure I eat enough protien. So I started drinking a Protein shake every morning and its really helped. My hair doesn't fall out as much any more. I also starting using a leave-in conditioner with Protein to get it the extra help it needed.

It was scary at first because I thought I was going to get bald but my doctor said it happens to everyone and it doesn't last long.

So my advice is eat more protien and get a protien rich leave-in conditioner, I recommend BioSilk its amazing.

Protein Protein Protein! I use a whey one from GNC but I guess they have all sorts of options! It will keep your hair in your head and your nails from breaking.

I had the same problem early after I had surgery. I went to "hair" Vitamins, extra Protein, protein Shampoo nad conditioner and I also eat raw almonds for the natural Biotin.< /p>

Oh my goodness I was losing hair like nuts for over a year! Protein and time have slowed it down to almost no loss.

The doctors office kept saying this shouldn't happen to a lap band patient etc...but then there were many others having the same thing happen and finally they seemed to "get it"

Mine is still falling out! and i was banded June 2008! and no one can tell me why! I eat almost all Protein, i take my Vitamins, i even take Biotin which is suppose to help. i have lost sooooo much hair!! all my blood work came back fine. so no one has an answer for me, kinda given up hope on figuring out whats wrong

Hair is on a 3 month cycle, so nothing to eat or drink will help if it is falling out (sorry)

It grows back on it's own, usually after about 3 months.

I take Biotin, had enough Protein, took my Vitamins and still lost hair.

My friend who was banded had Vitamin deficencies (blood work results) and didn't lose hair..go figure!

I have new tufts of hair all over my head now. Looks kind of funky, but I'm excited. It was pretty depressing while it was falling out.

Hang tough!

I have read about this a lot on this and other forums. There is mixed opinions about the Protein and Biotin helping. I am a hair dresser and I know beyond a doubt that Nioxin Shampoo and Scalp Therapy will stop the loss in 30 days. It will help your new hair grow in faster and it leaves your hair nice and full without any coating. Buy a big bottle of each (between 40 and 50 dollars) and your problems will be solved. And also don't be too obsessed with the fall out because stress increases it. Of course more protein and Biotin won't hurt anything so if it were me, I would use all three. Best of luck!!!!!!

I went through it for about 2 months, cut my hair short, and it stopped falling out. I took 5000mg Biotin and Multivitamins, protien and everything. I have that thick Mexican/Indian hair and now there are sprouts all over my head! Its growing back!! It really sux but it will stop eventually. :eek:

I have read about this a lot on this and other forums. There is mixed opinions about the Protein and Biotin helping. I am a hair dresser and I know beyond a doubt that Nioxin Shampoo and Scalp Therapy will stop the loss in 30 days. It will help your new hair grow in faster and it leaves your hair nice and full without any coating. Buy a big bottle of each (between 40 and 50 dollars) and your problems will be solved. And also don't be too obsessed with the fall out because stress increases it. Of course more Protein and Biotin won't hurt anything so if it were me, I would use all three. Best of luck!!!!!!

should i us shampoo and cond

should i us Shampoo and cond

Nioxin Shampoo is called Cleanser. They have several different kinds tailored to the type of hair you have, you can ask at the salon which one is best for your hair. The scalp Therapy is the conditioner but you need to also rub it into your scalp. It is sort of like an anti-inflamatory. It is also good to rub in to your skin like a lotion if it is red or irritated. Wonderful for sun burn. Both the Cleanser and the Scalp Therapy have a wonderful refreshing mint smell. It wakes you up in the morning very well. I use it and love it. They may try to sell you other syrums for the scalp, but you only need Nioxin Cleanser (shampoo) and Nioxin Scalp Therapy (conditioner) Have a great weekend.

in response to your hair!! ARE YOU TAKING ALL THE Vitamins AND Calcium? ? TRY Biotin ALSO MY DR RECOMMENDED THAT TO ME ALSO JUST IN CASE!! i was told we shouldnt lose any hair anyways only patients who gone thru the gastric bypass will a little!! so you only lost 15 pounds what has your DR said??