Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Hi all. I have not been on here in a very long time. And I am not doing well at all. I had gotten down to 245 this time last year from my surgery weight of 317. Pigged out on spring break and gained 10 lbs. Now in the last year I've gained another 10lbs, even though I work out for an hour at least 3 times a week. (I do zumba, and some weight lifting, and just anything I can think of to get my body moving, even in the elevator by myself I'll do some squats or something.) I have not been to see my surgeon in over a year. It's a 4 hour drive and with work and everything I couldn't get the time off to continue going up there every month. And he wouldn't do anything else with fills/unfill until I got a flouroscope which my isurance won't cover and I can't afford it. I can't seem to find another surgeon close by with reasonable rates for visits/fills because my insurance won't cover anything weight loss related. So I'm kinda stuck, it feels that way. Now I'm having trouble with acid reflux, and my band will make weird noise when I lay down at night, even when I haven't eaten anything for a long time. I will wake up in the middle of the night and lay back down and it will make a weird noise, like my throat is collapsing and forcing air through. And I will go through these periods where I can eat everything, then hardly nothing, starving and ravenous, to not wanting to eat at all. It seems to have become a nightmare and I'm actually starting to get scared. So, that's my story and where I'm at now.

Hi all. I have not been on here in a very long time. And I am not doing well at all. I had gotten down to 245 this time last year from my surgery weight of 317. Pigged out on spring break and gained 10 lbs. Now in the last year I've gained another 10lbs, even though I work out for an hour at least 3 times a week. (I do zumba, and some weight lifting, and just anything I can think of to get my body moving, even in the elevator by myself I'll do some squats or something.) I have not been to see my surgeon in over a year. It's a 4 hour drive and with work and everything I couldn't get the time off to continue going up there every month. And he wouldn't do anything else with fills/unfill until I got a flouroscope which my isurance won't cover and I can't afford it. I can't seem to find another surgeon close by with reasonable rates for visits/fills because my insurance won't cover anything weight loss related. So I'm kinda stuck, it feels that way. Now I'm having trouble with acid reflux, and my band will make weird noise when I lay down at night, even when I haven't eaten anything for a long time. I will wake up in the middle of the night and lay back down and it will make a weird noise, like my throat is collapsing and forcing air through. And I will go through these periods where I can eat everything, then hardly nothing, starving and ravenous, to not wanting to eat at all. It seems to have become a nightmare and I'm actually starting to get scared. So, that's my story and where I'm at now.

I have some of the same symptoms you mention. I use oemeprazole for the acid reflux and it works great. If your doc wont give you a prescription Prilosec is the same thing.

I also have problems when I lay down. I have GERD and food and liquids wash back and choke me when I sleep. I solved this by not eating after 4pm and not drinking past 6pm. This has sped up my weight loss, also.

I get the funny noises, too. Air gets trapped in our big stomach and squirts back up in little bits. I don't think it means anything is wrong. In my book it's a small annoyance.

I have problems with my stomach becoming inflamed. Then the passage becomes very small, I vomit a lot of phlegm and even Water has a hard time passing. I've had to open my band twice and both times I've gained a couple pounds because I become sooooo hungry when my band is loose. I have to have it on the tight side.

Now, if something becomes stuck I baby my stomach because I don't want to open my band again. If I vomit I go on soft foods and liquids for a couple days.

I don't understand the flouroscope thing - my doctor has never mentioned one.

Glad we are all talking about this and seeing where everyone is now. Everytime I drink I make noises. It sort of like gurgling but it amost sounds like it is going up to my throat with the sounds. I now sleep on two pillows because on a few occassions I have burped while I was sleeping and it was scary. I can't sleep on my stomach anymore becuase of the noise.

And it doesn't matter how long it has been since I last drank. Normally I wait 2 -3 hours before I lay down.

One night I threw up probably just a little dollop but it went down the wrong pipe and I woke up coughing like crazy.

I still throw up maybe once a week if I eat too fast or don't listen to the hints my band is giving me to stop. I am terrified of getting an unfill and me gaining weight but I know I have to be too tight for all this to be happening.

I was banded in Dec 09 lost 80 pounds and would love to lose another 20.

please let us know what happens after the unfill.hopefully it will inspire me to do the same. What I hate about going to the surgeon is I have to take off work because they are only open till 4.

bandedup.blogspot.com

Glad we are all talking about this and seeing where everyone is now. Everytime I drink I make noises. It sort of like gurgling but it amost sounds like it is going up to my throat with the sounds. I now sleep on two pillows because on a few occassions I have burped while I was sleeping and it was scary. I can't sleep on my stomach anymore becuase of the noise.

And it doesn't matter how long it has been since I last drank. Normally I wait 2 -3 hours before I lay down.

One night I threw up probably just a little dollop but it went down the wrong pipe and I woke up coughing like crazy.

I still throw up maybe once a week if I eat too fast or don't listen to the hints my band is giving me to stop. I am terrified of getting an unfill and me gaining weight but I know I have to be too tight for all this to be happening.

I was banded in Dec 09 lost 80 pounds and would love to lose another 20.

please let us know what happens after the unfill.hopefully it will inspire me to do the same. What I hate about going to the surgeon is I have to take off work because they are only open till 4.

bandedup.blogspot.com

I started having burping nasting smelling burps that could not be controlled and acid reflux. I went to the dr and had a barium swallow my band had slipped so bad not even an unfill would have fixed it. I'm scheduled to have that band taken out and a new one put in next Tuesday. Oh how I miss my band buddy. I havn't been able to work out for 7 months so I had been bouncing back forth 10 pounds up down back up. Im curently 4 pounds up but e hope with calorie counting I can get back down before surgery. I want to start fresh after surgery and feel like I'm moving forward. U guys hang in there. I hope u go to the dr soon. It is expensive but u really need to know if something is wrong. I have went for awile with a slip not knowing it. It only hurt my progress and so glad it didn't cause any damage. The slip was not caused by me I have followed all the rules it just happens sometimes. Could be from the amount of weight I lost I have no clue and dr has know clue. Could have been from a surgery complication I had in November and have been going through ever since we will never know. But if i hadnt had the test I would have never found out. So please go to the dr and make sure everything is ok. Great job everyone.

I started having burping nasting smelling burps that could not be controlled and acid reflux. I went to the dr and had a barium swallow my band had slipped so bad not even an unfill would have fixed it. I'm scheduled to have that band taken out and a new one put in next Tuesday. Oh how I miss my band buddy. I havn't been able to work out for 7 months so I had been bouncing back forth 10 pounds up down back up. Im curently 4 pounds up but e hope with calorie counting I can get back down before surgery. I want to start fresh after surgery and feel like I'm moving forward. U guys hang in there. I hope u go to the dr soon. It is expensive but u really need to know if something is wrong. I have went for awile with a slip not knowing it. It only hurt my progress and so glad it didn't cause any damage. The slip was not caused by me I have followed all the rules it just happens sometimes. Could be from the amount of weight I lost I have no clue and dr has know clue. Could have been from a surgery complication I had in November and have been going through ever since we will never know. But if i hadnt had the test I would have never found out. So please go to the dr and make sure everything is ok. Great job everyone.

That is scary! And that is my concern, as my cousin had her band slip as well. And if that is what happened and it's bad to where I have to have the band taken out I don't think my insurance woukd cover that either. I know it's stupid but I guess I'm in ignorance ia bliss kind of mode and am trying very hard to gauge if maybe I'm just doing something wrong and hoping I can correct myself so that the band will correct itself or even better just hoping I get feedback that what I'm experiencing is normal.

Well, I went to see my surgeon yesterday. Thank goodness a friend went with me to help with the 4.5 hour drive each way! Good news is that they are going to bill my visits thru my insurance as regular office visits not related to weight loss, so all I have to pay is my $35 co-pay! Bad news.... I gained 20lbs since Feb 2011!!! I didn't realize it was that much because I stopped weighing myself and my clothes still feel pretty much the same. Only 1 pair of pants I can't fit anymore, but they were tight to begin with. So, my workouts must be helping some. But even worse, I stretched my pouch!!! And because I stretched my pouch, my band is tilted which is creating a section in my pouch for food to just sit and also the tilt is causing the reflux. So, he took all 5.5 of my Fluid out so that my pouch can heal and hopefully it and my band will go back to where it's supposed to be. I go back 6/15 for another check up and xray to see how it's doing and maybe they will fill me a little. I hope so, because my tummy feels so empty! Last night a couple of hours after he took the fill out, I was STARVING!!! Like manic starving, felt like my stomach was a bottomless pit! Fortunately I didn't stuff myself, but I ate a 6 inch sub no problem! Today I don't feel as ravenous and am getting full off a little bit here an there, but the fullness doesn't last long at all! It's going to be a long 5 weeks! Pray for me!

Hello Everyone,

Things change with every fill and different excercise program and pretty much anything for me. Nothing is ever consistent. Sometimes I can eat with no issues, sometimes I have days when nothing cooperates. sometimes I even think the weather depends on whether I a good day eating or not, is anyone feeling this too? Its been 3 years and I still can't predict what to expect.

My second part of this is I am looking meal suggestions. What does everyone eat everyday? I used to eat Soups alot for lunch and my doc said to stop doing that because it is slipping right through and making me hungry. would love to hear what everyone is eating these days.

Any info would be great to get me back on track

Hello Everyone,

Things change with every fill and different excercise program and pretty much anything for me. Nothing is ever consistent. Sometimes I can eat with no issues, sometimes I have days when nothing cooperates. sometimes I even think the weather depends on whether I a good day eating or not, is anyone feeling this too? Its been 3 years and I still can't predict what to expect.

My second part of this is I am looking meal suggestions. What does everyone eat everyday? I used to eat Soups alot for lunch and my doc said to stop doing that because it is slipping right through and making me hungry. would love to hear what everyone is eating these days.

Any info would be great to get me back on track

I seemed to be doing pretty well with my ham & eggs for Breakfast. It was just some egg beaters, sliced ham, shredded low fat cheese, and hot sauce. And the chunk tyson chicken breast in a can with shredded cheese and broccoli. I'm trying to get back to good recipes as well. I have fallen waaaaayyyy off. Let that, "oh a little bit of ice cream won't hurt" get to me. Now that I think about it, I think that may have been the start of my problem, I think I had too much of a fill and started resorting to softs, puddings, soups, liquids and they were keeping me full, so then I started to force solids, which stretched my pouch, so you have to be careful with that.... make sure you're not too filled as well as have enough of a fill.

How is all the December delights doing? I'm doing ok. A year ago I had to have a band revision due to a slipped band. I am still down but have gained back about 20 lbs that just does not want to leave. I am still down over 70 lbs though. So give a shout out on how you are all doing?

Today has actually been 3 years with my band and I'm so happy to have made this decision. Things are going great here. Had Tummy Tuck done in August and have been working on toning and muscle building

I'm still in the same boat... can't lose a pound. I had gained back 40 lbs, but I've lost 10 of that, but that's been a several month or so process. I think I've kinda given up on the eating right part, because when I was I still wasn't losing. My band is iffy, sometimes I can still eat like a hog, sometimes not at all. I think my pouch is loose and can be easily stretched. I can't afford to get my band redone. I just started a new job, and my new insurance doesn't go in effect until the 1st, so I don't know if it will cover anything. But, I haven't given up on exercise, because I actually like it. Actually bummed we are in the middle of a blizzard, and I'm off but the Y is closed because of the storm. And the plus side is that I still am seeing changes in my shape, things continue to get less jiggly, so once I can get my mind right and maybe my band redone, I can get back fully on track.

I have gained back 20 of the 40lbs I have lost. ???? I got a fill today, first one in 3 years. Two of my friends from here got their bands removed, and got gastric sleeves. They are losing like crazy now!!! This is my last attempt. Wish me luck!