Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Where is everyone at? I hope you are all doing wonderful and being successful losers!

My band baby is here, in fact he is 2 months old now. I had him the day before my 1 year band anniversary. Wow what a first year with my band that was. Best decision that I ever made for myself!!

Hope some of you check in and let us know how you are doing!

Hey TracyW2!

Congrats on the baby! What a blessing! Glad to hear you and baby are well. So you still lost weight being pregnant? That is awesome!

I have been at a stand still with my weight for several months now. But, at least I'm not gaining! And I am still losing inches, so that is what is keeping me motivated! People are telling me that I look better than ever!

I was at my parents house the other weekend and they had some old photos of me, and I looked and I thought "my goodness, I MUST have been pregnant in that photo!" Then I turned the page in the photo album and there was my youngest child with me, and he was 2 years old! I started to tear up, I couldn't believe I looked like that. My dad said I should be proud, and I am, but it was such a shock to me, I felt bad! Now I'm feeling a bit nutty, which I why I came back to check in.

Well, let me do some browsing and see if I can pick up some tips to continue my journey. Again, congratulations on your bundle of joy and be sure to take lots of pics and videos because they grow up before you know it!

Lizzy - thank you. He is actually my third and yes they do grow up so fast. My oldest will be 5 next week. I ended up gaining 30 during pregnancy, but lost all of that quickly plus have lost another 45 since having him.

I look at my before photos and get embarassed looking at them. I cant believe I let myself get that big. But now I see myself in photos and dont believe that is me. Glad to hear you are not gaining. I think I am not at the point where I am terrified to gain.

I am so glad you checked in. I have been wondering how my other dec 09 bandsters are doing!!

Check out here for before and after photos of me. I am post #2052

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/4543-before-and-after-lap-band-surgery-pictures-only/page__st__2040

Hi everyone,

I do have to say that I really don't like my band much. About a month ago they took out 2 cc's because I was too tight. Since then I have gained 10lbs! I have another appointment to refill, but what a pain this fill process has been for me. I was stuck at a 40lb loss for six months until this 10lb gain. I wish I could've done the sleeve. Oh well, I'm a little grumpy now so I should go to bed!

Glad others are doing well.

I am almost at my goal weight. I'm down about 140 pounds - can't say I miss one of 'em! It's fun to be a size six! It takes me longer to get dressed now than I would have ever imagined because I actually care what I look like! What glorious fun!

I have occasional problems with fills still. My band is unusually empty - whenever I think I need to add even .5 cc I will end up having to have it taken out. But I guess that just goes to show how individual the whole process is. What works for one doesn't work for another!

Like most of you, I would recommend the lap-band to anyone. What a wonderful difference it has made in my life!

Hey all! Hope everyone's doing well! I've had my band for a bit over a year now, and while I have no regrets and would highly recommend it, it seems I'm at a standstill with my weight loss. I'm down at 163 from 235 and I can't seem to get the scale to budge from that! In addition, I've developed terrible acid reflux. I'm going in for an esophagram next week and a visit, I haven't seen my doctor or had a fill in quite some time, so maybe that's attributing to the lack of weight loss. But the acid business is awful- it keeps me up at night, and there are weird gurgling sounds coming from inside. Not from my stomach, more from my esophagus. Had anyone else had this? I really don't want to be taking reflux pills for the rest of my life, so I'm hoping this is something that will pass.

Hi my dear little band of friends, how nice to know we are still around as a group and to hear how you are doing a year and a half out. In Dec I was 3lbs from my goal, but that was mainly due to having a medical procedure (nothing to do with the band) and was on a liquid diet for a week. Since then I have gained 5 lbs which I just can't move.

I have not had a fill for about a year now and would be interested in knowing: - after you reached your original sweet spot have you needed to go back for a fill? If so how many? I am pretty comfortable where I am, but wonder if I did have a little fill if I could move that last 8 lbs.

My best wishes - Viv

Ara - sorry to hear you are not liking your band. I have read that there is a large amount of people that switch from having the band to RNY

Doer - congrats on being close to goal. fabulous job!! And yep I would definitley recommend the band.

thinme - good luck on your appt. I havent had any issues with acid reflux.

Viv - congrats on being so close to goal. I am actually below my goal and working towards my drs goal. I wonder about the maintaining phase. I have no idea how do to that. I'm sure that is something to discuss with my dr.

Hello, Hello! I was banded Dec 3, 2009 and I am soooooo excited to say that I am just about through losing. I have a few more lbs (becasue I want a buffer, lol) and am enjoying my new body so much. I feel really healthy, my body confidence is so much higher and I can do so many more things. Things I never really thought about before, so didn't miss. Now I think "how could I have never done these things!?"

I just started facilitating two lap band meetings in my area and am happy to have the accountability as I learn about maintenance. I am currently saving up for the reconstructive surgery I hope to have by the end of this year. Its been a WONDERFUL journey for me and I am so happy to have had this forum to come to during the tough times. THANK YOU!

~Mya

Girl! We are going to make it together!!!! I will call you this weekend and we can make a plan! Hugs!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I do have to say that I really don't like my band much. About a month ago they took out 2 cc's because I was too tight. Since then I have gained 10lbs! I have another appointment to refill, but what a pain this fill process has been for me. I was stuck at a 40lb loss for six months until this 10lb gain. I wish I could've done the sleeve. Oh well, I'm a little grumpy now so I should go to bed!

Glad others are doing well.

Hi Delights! I was hesitant to even read this thread because I am so disappointed with my band and results and I knew reading all of your success stories would make me feel worse about my lack thereof... I was banded Dec 7, 2009 and I have NOT LOST ONE POUND. I have actually gained 3 lbs since then. I have 10cc's in an 11cc band and haven't been back to the doctor in over 6 months. There is no leak (as of last check) all 10cc's are there, the band just never got tight enough for me to cut back on the foods I like. Breads - no problem! Anyway, just checking in and sending sincere CONGRATS to all my fellow December Delights on all your successes!

Hi Delights! I was hesitant to even read this thread because I am so disappointed with my band and results and I knew reading all of your success stories would make me feel worse about my lack thereof... I was banded Dec 7, 2009 and I have NOT LOST ONE POUND. I have actually gained 3 lbs since then. I have 10cc's in an 11cc band and haven't been back to the doctor in over 6 months. There is no leak (as of last check) all 10cc's are there, the band just never got tight enough for me to cut back on the foods I like. Breads - no problem! Anyway, just checking in and sending sincere CONGRATS to all my fellow December Delights on all your successes!

hey that is so shittt to hear the doctors shold be able to dosometing for you where did get srgery?i had mine same day i worcester,mass,, to date i lost 102 lbs,,and iave 6,5 cc out of 11

hey that is so shittt to hear the doctors shold be able to dosometing for you where did get srgery?i had mine same day i worcester,mass,, to date i lost 102 lbs,,and iave 6,5 cc out of 11

Happy Me....I am right there with you....Banded Dec 2nd 2009 and I have lost a total of 20 pounds and I have done EVERYTHING they have said. I am super frustrated and I don't know what to do. I am at 6ccs and I cant go ant further because i get really sick when they fill it more and when they take some out I can eat anything. You are not alone. I am right here with you.

Yeah lpglarry - it's shitty to hear and even more shitty to experience! I had surgery at Sibley Hospital in Washington, DC and CONGRATS on all your weight loss!!