Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I thought this blog post was really interesting, so I figured I'd share with y'all. It just took me a little over 15 minutes to eat 8 bites of (my mom's famous) tuna and I feel satiated - not too full but comfortable.

New Bandster Rules?

Prayers to you Bama. We're thinking of you...hang in there.

Well, crap. I thought I was doing very well, having lost 20 lbs. But I have read some of the posts on this thread and feel like I am behind the curve! I just had my first fill a few days ago. Before that, I didn't have much restriction.

Don't drive yourself crazy comparing yourself to others like I did up until about 2 weeks ago! Made myself have a total meltdown.

Everyone is different. Even if you and I started the same weight, ate the same thing, had the same level of activity, had the same amount of fills, we would not lose at the same rate because we are just different and our bodies react differently. That's why some people can just eat and eat and eat and never gain a pound. Meanwhile if we just look at a Snickers wrapper, we gain weight.

You're losing, so you're doing great!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my first fill and now it feels like I never had one. The doc said he put 5cc in and I felt restricted the first week. Now, not so much at all. Today, I've been hungry all day since I'm on some sort of PMS rollercoaster, and although I've made healthier choices than I would have in the past, I feel like a bottomless pit. Just needing some encouragement, I guess. Hope all is going well for all of you.

I hear you! I had my first fill on January 28, and I have no restriction. Honestly, that's not entirely true because I get fuller faster than I did prior to surgery, but I can eat a full regular-person meal without issues...smaller meals than pre-surgery, but FAR larger than you'd think a Bandster could eat. In fact, I noticed no difference between before my fill versus after (I had 3.5 cc from surgery, and they added 1.5 cc for a total of 5 cc in a 10 cc band). I'm discouraged having read about those of you who are having success after fills and I'm barely maintaining my pre-op weight loss, but I'm trying to remember that I have this tool for life and I can't expect it to be perfect after one fill. My next fill is at the end of this month, and I'm hopeful that I'll experience some restriction!

I thought this blog post was really interesting, so I figured I'd share with y'all. It just took me a little over 15 minutes to eat 8 bites of (my mom's famous) tuna and I feel satiated - not too full but comfortable.

New Bandster Rules?

Very interesting article and website. I enjoyed a couple more of her blogs also. I don't know what to say about the new 90 min. rule??????????? And drinking with our meals???????? People will think I'm crazy!!!! We will see.... What did you think? Did anyone Google this guy (the doctor). I think I will and see what it turns up...but it got me interested...to be continued... What did you all think of this article? It's bizarre!!!:scared2::w00t::crying:

Here's my update: I got my 2nd fill 2/2 and for about five days I was very restricted. I posted comments about how everything I was eating was getting stuck except items like Chili. But when I ate Chili I never got full. So I couldn't eat anything solid but eating sliders never got full so it was a really catch 22. I've only lost 9 pounds since my surgery so I was so glad I had some restriction but now 2/11 the restriction is gone and I can eat anything again.

Yikes... it's so frustrating! Almost two months out and I've lost 9 pounds and have no restriction. My next fill is 3/4 so maybe that will be my lucky fill.

I'm trying to eat healthy but I find myself doing a lot of Protein shakes and I know they slide right thru.

So for those who are losing restriction on fill one... you may have another disappointment on fill 2. Hang in there.

I am going to add 30 minutes of exercise every day starting tomorrow = hopefully that helps.

Illumination: I noticed you've lost like 30+ was some of that preop diet. I did not have to do that so I can't figure out why I am so far behind everyone.

Well, crap. I thought I was doing very well, having lost 20 lbs. But I have read some of the posts on this thread and feel like I am behind the curve! I just had my first fill a few days ago. Before that, I didn't have much restriction.

You're not behind. I'm down 24 - 25 pounds and I still haven't had my first fill. I'm scheduled to go on 02/16 for my fill.

- Val

You're not behind. I'm down 24 - 25 pounds and I still haven't had my first fill. I'm scheduled to go on 02/16 for my fill.

- Val

Please tell me this includes your preop... if not than I am going to be very depressed. haha

H

Illumination: I noticed you've lost like 30+ was some of that preop diet. I did not have to do that so I can't figure out why I am so far behind everyone.

Yes, some of that was preop. I am only down 16 lbs since surgery. I had a few weeks there where nothing came off. Very discouraging. I had my second fill also. I have some restriction but am not at my sweet spot. Hang in there. You will get those fills and be restricted before you know it...this too shall pass...that's my new motto :scared2:.

I got my first fill 2/9/10. It was only .9cc. I have lost 15 lbs since surgery. A total of 21 since preop. My doc wasn't going to give me a fill at first then I said well I am getting hungry and snacking. I was on liquids for 2 days now I can eat anything. I do pretty good if I go out to eat. I ask for a to go box and put half of my food into it. I know the weight didn't come on over night so it will take time to get it off. I now have 104 pounds to go. I am getting discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks;(:thumbdown:

I got my first fill today - 3.5cc. It wasn't to bad. I had to drink some Water which went down easy at first then with a few more sips it started to back up. I guess thats where he stopped filling. 6 weeks now to the next fill.

Good luck all.:thumbdown:

I got my first fill 2/9/10. It was only .9cc. I have lost 15 lbs since surgery. A total of 21 since preop. My doc wasn't going to give me a fill at first then I said well I am getting hungry and snacking. I was on liquids for 2 days now I can eat anything. I do pretty good if I go out to eat. I ask for a to go box and put half of my food into it. I know the weight didn't come on over night so it will take time to get it off. I now have 104 pounds to go. I am getting discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks;(:thumbdown:

Don't get discouraged. You don't have restriction yet! You need more fills. I have had 2 fills totaling 5 ccs in a 10 band. It is more difficult to eat and I got stuck one time too! Be patient with your band and try not to gain any weight. I maintained over that time period and was glad! Many gain weight! So, hang in there...this too shall pass...that should be our mantra!

Thanks, today is a new day:) Here is to the next 20! Cheers:thumbup:

Bama, You hang in there girl! We are all here with you. I think of you often. Before you know it you'll be right there on track with the rest of us, gettin' those fills. Take care of yourself. Be good to yourself right now. Hugs to you...

I want a cheesecake now more than I have in MONTHS! lol! On top of that, my boss was very not happy when I told her that I have an 'issue' and will be out for a few more days to have surgery once my dr. gets approval from BCBS. Wow! I just so hate that it's inconvenient for them! Gotta luv it!

Prayers to you Bama. We're thinking of you...hang in there.

I'm hanging but I really really want to be bad! :thumbdown:)