Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Hi December Delights,

I am almost officially 6 weeks post op now and eating just fine. My doc won't even consider a fill until a complete 6 weeks post op so I am glad that I am there now. I can certainly use a fill. I had determined to wait until the end of this month to even call the office. My surgery was on 12/17 and I want to be completely healed up inside and out. I hope everything is where is should be with my band because I don't want to go through any un-necessary procedures. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Happy Journey!

Hey everyone,

Banded on 12/30 and gettting my first fill today. I hope I feel something. I've been back to pre band restriction of 0 since 3 days after surgery. It's hard to keep eating right when you are always hungry.

I have only lost about 6 pounds since surgery. I did not do a preop diet so no initial loss there. What has everyone been averaging SINCE surgery not counting any preop diet.

Thanks.

Well I hate to say it but I am glad I am not the only one who is still in bandster hell. I am 5 weeks post op and there is NO RESTRICTION - hunger and craving is at an all time high and to boot I am not motivated to exercise. The weather is cold and I can't sleep well (apnea), so I am tired. I am hoping that the weight loss (whenever it decides to show up) will eliminate the apnea, then I will have more energy, then I can exercise. I would just like to get moving on this new life of mine . . .GRRRRRRR

BTW my first fill (I am hoping) will be February 2nd.

I found the hunger was really getting to me. So, I went off the "diet" and started eating regular (healthy though). I was doing fine until this past weekend when we had to travel. I gained 3 pounds back. Haven't changed my ticker but suppose I should. My first fill is tomorrow at 5 weeks post op. My doc feels once your healed to fill the band quickly. Every fill is 2 weeks apart until you hit that "sweet spot". So, that's where I'm at. Just checking in and saw that many of us are suffering again. It will soon be over and we'll be losing that weight again. Have a good day everyone!!!

I found the hunger was really getting to me. So, I went off the "diet" and started eating regular (healthy though). I was doing fine until this past weekend when we had to travel. I gained 3 pounds back. Haven't changed my ticker but suppose I should. My first fill is tomorrow at 5 weeks post op. My doc feels once your healed to fill the band quickly. Every fill is 2 weeks apart until you hit that "sweet spot". So, that's where I'm at. Just checking in and saw that many of us are suffering again. It will soon be over and we'll be losing that weight again. Have a good day everyone!!!

I sure hope you're right!:biggrin:

Woohoo I had my first fill this morning - Dr. said he actually put a good amount in - I think I saw him write down 3.3cc's.

Anyways I'm on liquids again for 2 days. I can't wait to start losing more. The faster I'm under 300 the better. lol

I'm so excited I finally got a fill. 6 more weeks till the next one (March 3rd).

Edited by 65DueceCoupe

Congrats 65Deuces!! I got my first fill today. My Dr. gave me 3.4cc. I have a 14cc band.

I guess I am not in bandster hell persay just working hard at keeping my calories at 1100. I do get hungry but make sure I have healthy Snacks. I rarely go about 1400 calories in a day.. I find that I am satisfied with that much... For example today I had 1 piece whole wheat toast, 1 egg and 1/2 sausage a kids meal at a resteraunt... For lunch I had half a turkey sandwhich with a small chai. Yes it is liquid but it really fills me up.. Thats a skinny chai.. I have been working hard at thinking positive and keeping in my calories... I am so pretty sore from exercising and the fybromyalgia so I have been trying to not stress about that. Anyways looking forward to my second fill.. I definatly am in the same boat not much restriction... Again we can all do this.. Still so excited about it..

Haven't posted to this forum in a while. Things have been really hectic outside of dealing with my band. The band itself has been ok. I'm eating more than I anticipated I would be after the band, but I am still losing weight, so I will take it! Still no fill, and as long as I am losing, I don't think I will get one, but I will talk to my surgeon. I have an appointment with him tomorrow afternoon.

Just got my 1st fill like 10 minutes ago (waiting to meet with the excercise dude & the nut so I can leave) but I can already feel it just drinking water! Dr had to dig a bit but it didn't hurt, just felt pressure. They only have me down 1.7 lbs since 12-4 so I hope my fill gets thing going again! Hope everyone else is doing well!

:) YAY! I didn't expect it, but when I went to my doctor today, I got my first fill!!! 3 ccs!! Liquids for rest of today, Mushies tomorrow and regular food on Sunday.

Just excited that I have a fill now! :blush:

I guess we are all getting our fills at once. I got 3 ccs yesterday too. I really can't feel much of a difference since my band was completely empty. I, too, am on mushies today and then regular food on Sunday. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and then every two weeks thereafter until I hit my sweet spot. I did feel some restriction at first but this morning can't tell. Will try some Cream of Wheat for Breakfast. Take care everyone and have a great weekend!!!

I'm jealous. I haven't gotten a fill yet. I guess I can't complain to much because I am losing weight.

- Val

Hello Everyone,

How are all the recent bandsters that had a fill doing? My first fill is not till Feb. 12. No restriction now and I feel like I could eat a whole cow. LOL

I have noticed some on the site that are not happy with their weight loss so far so I would like to remind everyone that success can also come in other ways. My weight loss has stopped at 28 to 30 lbs. over the last 2 weeks but I took my waist measurement last night and was surprised to see that I had lost 4 inches since Dec. 19th. I knew I have had to dig out some old clothes and use a different belt but was surprised at the inches lost. So hang in there everyone and try to look for changes other than weight loss.

I was reading a guys success story (Alan~133lb. lost) on lap-band®®.com and he had a quote that stuck with me so I added it to my signature. It is in red and seems to me like a good thing to remember.

Good day all & good luck on your journey.:cursing:

Hey everyone,

I was one of the ones saying I still had no restriction but last night we had Chinese food. Now normally I would have eaten a whole dinner but I realized after 1/3 of my dinner I was stuffed... so I believe there really is restriction that I wasn't aware of.

Another thing I wanted to pass on that I found that might be a quick dinner with 20 grams of Protein. They sell them at Krogers - they are called J.T.M steak hoagies. I use to use them to make sandwiches with pizza sauce, cheese and onions and toast them - but found them in the freezer tonight. I put them in the oven on broil covered in ketchup and cooked for about 10 minutes - and my daughter and I ate them for dinner. She didn't not know it wasn't meatloaf. Each patty has 290 calories but they also have 20 grams of protein. Made a little mac n cheese to go with my daughters meal but the patty was all I ate and was full. Thought I would pass it along!

I also made a smoothie I saw somewhere today. It was delicious. I used vanilla powder protein 52 grams (two scoops), 1 cup of ice, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 3/4 cup cold Water, 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter and a tablespoon of sugar free pudding mix. It was delicious and gets me almost all the protein I need for the day!