Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak in Houston?

Just wondering if any of you had him do your band and what you think? I am all for getting this done, but my mom has really scared me about it. She lost all of her weight the natural way, and thinks everyone else can do the same.

5'-10"

heaviest- 365

now- 319

goal- 199

I was banded by Dr. Spivak on Sept. 16th, had my first fill Tue. (10/18/05).......Dr. S is wonderful as well as his entire staff. I can not say enough good things about them all. My friend works for a major health insurance company and she TRIED to find something bad about Dr. S prior to my surgery and found NOTHING!!!!! I believe you will find everyone on this site loves him.

Go to the consultation and see for yourself. Its very important for you to be comfortable with your doctor and not go by everyone else.

Good luck!

I have met with him and I do like him, but you know how it is with surgery... I just am trying to find something bad too. :(

I have read some posts about ports breaking, turning and so on... That somewhat worries me.

Dr. Spivak has already approved me to have surgery, just waiting on insurance, which shouldn't be much longer.

I used Spivak in July and I think he is wonderful. I have lost a total of 30 lbs. Mine has been a little slow compared to some and faster compared to others. The overall experience has been terrific. The office and his staff are the best!!!

Good Luck!

I considered (2) surgeons before my surgery. Dr. Spivak was one of them. I would have chosen him, but he is 4 hours away and the other was closer (for fills and followups).

I felt Dr. Spivak was very experienced and knowledgeable. I also felt he listened and didn't judge. Very nice guy. I wouldn't have any hesitations using him.

Out of the many members here that have used Dr Spivak, Ive never heard/read anything negative about him. NEVER. Ever.

Ive heard so many positive things about him that Ive even recommened him to others. He's a good one!

YES, Absolutely. I was banded on 7/20, and am down 26#'s. Not a bunch, but I feel great. 48# to go. You will love Dr. Spivak, and his staff are awesome. Do this for yourself, I really think it has saved my life. View it as a weight loss tool.

Good luck.

Kim, Lu Ann, and I were all banded by Dr. Spivak on the same day!

He is St. Spivak as far as I am concerned!

Love, love , love him!

Colleen

Hello to all Dr Spivak patients. As I am one. I do not know if you know this yet or not but Dr Spivak is having a ball for all of his patients. And I just want to make sure everyone that is Dr Spivak patient knows about this. Wanda Chase the director of the group sent the people in the online group that are signed up off his website this email.// Those of you who are planning to attend the Ball, we need to have at least 70 patients attend. There is only 3 weeks until the dead line so get your applications printed and sent to the PO BOX and if you are not participating in the contest, which everyone should regardless,) please send me your RSVP at spivakbandmd@yahoo.com as soon as you are able, I need to add your names to the guest list. __________________

Banded on April 2ND 2007 By Dr. Spivak Stacey