Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2009 Mile Challenge

Happy Holidays everyone!

I am so ready to end this year charging forward to the new one.

I will keep my goal at 40 miles.

My December goals are 100 miles walking total, mostly aerobic/cardio in the morning, the rest through the day.

I also want to start lifting weight (other than my own) and doing some bike riding, both outside and stationary.

Ok I never did this Mile Challenge but I workout everyday so I am think I should try this. What would be a good goal for being my first time counting my miles. Also what miles count?

Thank you Kevin

I don't know about everyone else, but I am using an Omron Pedometer, and it uploads to software on my PC, and I count all miles walked through the day towards my challenge. The Omron software can distinguish between Aerobic miles, and just walking around your day miles, and if you wanted, you could record just those aerobic miles each day. Right now, it is motivating for me to get 3-4 aerobic miles walking in the morning, and then see how far I can walk to the far side of the parking lot, leave for meetings 10 min early and walk past the conference room, down the hall and back, get 15 min in at lunch time. It all adds up. I was actually surprised to hit 122 miles for November.

I'm in and my goal is 70.

Ok I never did this Mile Challenge but I workout everyday so I am think I should try this. What would be a good goal for being my first time counting my miles. Also what miles count?

Thank you Kevin

Hi Kevin. Glad you are part of the challenge. Setting your goal is up to you. It depends on how you get your miles in. I get mine in on a stationary bike. I get more miles in using the bike as opposed to the treadmill.

We only count miles exercised. Get them in any way that you can.

Put me down for 30.

This sounds like fun, put be down for 75 miles this month and ill see how it goes, will probably up it next month

Well I am going to set my first goal to be 50 miles and I guess I will go from there. Thank you everybody this is pretty cool. The Lapband is the best thing I have ever done in my life.

It's me again--I'm going to try again. I have yet been able to find the balance between work, exercise, and sleep! I'm still trying though. I've had to give up getting up at 5:00 am, because I was too tired at work and I can't afford to be tired (as a teacher I have to be "on" 100%!). I don't want to lower my goal just yet, because thankfully this month will give me two weeks off for Winter Break and I can keep up with my exercise so much more easily when I'm not working.

2911, Congrats on meeting--and exceeding--your goal last month! :w00t:

It's me again--I'm going to try again. I have yet been able to find the balance between work, exercise, and sleep! I'm still trying though. I've had to give up getting up at 5:00 am, because I was too tired at work and I can't afford to be tired (as a teacher I have to be "on" 100%!). I don't want to lower my goal just yet, because thankfully this month will give me two weeks off for Winter Break and I can keep up with my exercise so much more easily when I'm not working.

I have been using the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds DVDs. (there is a free workout on youtube that i started with). Her two mile walks take 30 minutes. It takes exactly that long for my dinner to get finished in the oven. So, I've been coming in and popping my fish in the oven, walking two miles, and then having supper.

Thanks Willow. It hasn't been easy getting my miles in since I went back to work. Not only do I teach, but I have a tutoring business after school. Most days I am done by 6:00. That is why I lower my goal. I applaud you for keeping your miles the same. I am looking forward to our Winter Break. I forgot about that when I set my goal at 40. I know I will get more miles in for December. Now if only I can get to restriction, I will be the happiest person on the planet.