Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Ok. Day after Thanksgiving I am starting a simple walking routine. I am not gonna go by miles but by time. First goal 30 minutes. Will build it up slowly. Who's with me? I have an elliptical machine (aka clothes rack) not gonna go there yet. Lol!

I have been shopping for one of those clothing racks... My husband won't let me buy one till January probably the end of Jan since we are looking to buy a house.

Hello Everyone!

I have been watching as this thread grew and grew, and could not wait to add my name in this thread....Well it's offical, I am now banded as of approx. 2:00 pm yesterday(nov. 24th)! I am feeling and doing GREAT. I am on pain pills, but no gas pains, just general abdominal discomfort.

I brought my laptop with me to the hospital so I could post, but they kept me so drugged up, I was in and out of it. And after reviewing the few emails I did send, well I am glad I did not post and have you all read my ramblings.

Anyway, I am home, walking, sipping, and burping away!:)

It's sooo good to be an official Bandster now!:thumbup:

YAY! congrats on getting banded... welcome to our club lol

Im glad to hear u're doing great and all.

Take care!! :biggrin:

Alright so I kept my promise to myself. I walked for 45 min to my Aunts house and I walked back home. So that's 1 1/2 hours of walking at a good pace. I need to get a pedometer. I could have sworn I had one somewhere. I am trying to figure out where I wanna walk to tomorrow. Loving this new found energy. I figured that I'd better start exercising since my caloric intake has gone up since starting mushies.

I had about 1100 calories today. I am trying not to stall my weight loss my eating too few calories. Starvation mode is definitely not a myth. I started a food journal today so when I meet with the nutritionist on Dec. 14th (also date of my first fill) she can tell me if I am on the right track. I am following the guidelines she gave me but the booklet doesn't mention anything about calories during the mushie stage. She only mentions getting enough Protein. I know I am just supposed to concentrate on healing right now and not weight loss. But whatever, why not start doing the right thing now?

If you've found a food product that has made your weight loss journey a lot easier, please post in the new thread "Great Food Finds" in the food and nutrion forum.

I was banded November 13, 2009. I was fortunate to get the single incision lapband (SILS) and I have only one incision in my belly button. For those who don't understand how it's done here's a youtube animation -

Anyway. I was on Clear Liquids for about 5 days then I was told to skip full liquids and move to puree. I was on puree for a week and now I'm on soft foods.

I had my surgery on 11/13/09 and by 11/18/09 I lost 15 pounds and my surgeon was concerned.

The Sunday after surgery I had to go to the ER because I was in so much pain and the liquid Loritab they gave me was not working. :Yawn::cursing: Just so you know I have a high tolerance to pain meds so I have to usually take the stronger stuff. I went to the ER and they gave me 2 shots of Dilauded and 1 shot of Toridol while I was there for the whole 10 hours. We had to wait for the surgeon on call for the Bariatric Surgeon's group to make rounds. He gave me a perscription for percocet and that really helped me get through the pain from the incision and the gas pain. I would have to say the worst part was layind down in bed and then having to sit up. I felt like my incision was going to pop out.

I did take GasX for the gas pain and that seemed to help.

I could not really do any chores around the house as it really hurt to bend over and stretch my stomach. I took off 10 days of work .

I'm at the end of my workweek and I would have to say it was the hardest time. I was just so exhausted:sleep:

I have an appointment December 1st to follow up with my surgeon and possibly get my first fill.

I'm still at about 15 pounds lost.

Here's my youtube video channel that documents my journey so far - YouTube - jlind4023's Channel

I have a clothes rack too! But an elliptical is WAY too much for me right now, I even know that! I will slowly build back up to that...I was at a point where I ws doing about 30 min/ 4 miles that was about a year ago....now I will just walk, slowly around the block to move around. Today is my last day of clear liquids, tomorrow I get shakes! WhooHoo! Never thought Id be so excited to get to drink a Protein Shake.< /p>

Hi, I was banded on 11/16/09 and think I was one of the lucky ones, despite my age and health problems, because I have had absolutely no pain whatsoever from waking up after the op until now. Reading other people's stories makes me realise just how lucky I am.

Today I started the soft diet. I have been on a liquid diet for one week and then on a puree diet. Today was absolute bliss. I made a cauliflower cheese with some mashed potatoes and it was divine. Had it on a tea plate and enjoyed every single bite. Funny how we miss chewing food. :Yawn:

The evening of my op the surgeon came in to see me and told the nurse that I could have jelly and ice cream. I felt like a child on a day trip to the seaside. I took the ice cream but passed on the jelly (jello). It went down a treat. Following morning the nurse came to me and offered me a couple of slices of toast for Breakfast :sad: Didn't take more than the surprised expression on my face to make her realise her mistake. She apologised and brought me some yogurt instead. It tasted vile so I flushed it down the toilet when she left. Had a black coffee and was content with that until I got home.

The surgeon booked me for my first fill on 16th December when he discharged me. Strange because I will only be two days on solid foods before then. That will be a whole new adventure :sad:

Two weeks post-op and just starting soft foods. I still have some pain where my port is. I'm still am lacking energy but it is getting better. I go for my first dr. appt. on 12/1. So far the only thing that I have had a problem with is chicken. It has gotten stuck twice so now I just add some juice or a little gravy to help it go down.

I have a clothes rack too! But an elliptical is WAY too much for me right now, I even know that! I will slowly build back up to that...I was at a point where I ws doing about 30 min/ 4 miles that was about a year ago....now I will just walk, slowly around the block to move around. Today is my last day of clear liquids, tomorrow I get shakes! WhooHoo! Never thought Id be so excited to get to drink a Protein Shake.< /div>

Isn't that the truth....

Protein Shakes were so great at that point LOL

Just wanted to check in with you all. I've been feeling a bit better about my choice of lap band and it gets better everyday. I did cheat a little on Thanksgiving, but I'm right back on the liquid bandwagon. It is definitely a struggle everyday, but I'm doing it.

So far all my cuts have stopped hurting except for the biggest. I would kill to be able to sleep on my stomach right now! lol I go see the Dr on the 2nd to be upgraded to mushies. Hope all is well then. I don't think I get my first fill until 6 weeks.

Well, think I may go for a walk in a few :Yawn:

Well I was banded on the 23rd..the first couple of days were a little rough with pain but nothing else...no gas, no nausea or anything else. I am already able to sleep on my stomach which is a huge relief!! I am on liquids for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks pureed and finally 2 weeks of solids food. As others have mentioned I am so happy I have found this website/blogs. I believe that we all can help one another!! :Yawn:

I have a clothes rack too! But an elliptical is WAY too much for me right now, I even know that! I will slowly build back up to that...I was at a point where I ws doing about 30 min/ 4 miles that was about a year ago....now I will just walk, slowly around the block to move around. Today is my last day of clear liquids, tomorrow I get shakes! WhooHoo! Never thought Id be so excited to get to drink a Protein Shake.< /div>

I hear you on that one, I am ready for the pudding and shakes too. Clears is getting a little boring even tho I am not really hungry. It does not take much to fill me up either.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

Hey everyone! I'm 4 days post op and feeling really great. I'm doing my Protein Shakes and pudding, yummy, and walking as much as I can. A nurse called me today asking how I was doing and I told her and she suggested I could move on so some, not all, really mushy foods and eggs to see how I tolerate them. But she did point out I would be on this (mushy/liquid) diet for about 2-3 weeks. Anyone else eat egg this early?