Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Doctors in Houston Area

Hello All,

Has anyone found a fill doctor in the Houston area? My UHC insurance has an exclusion so I'm considering having my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. He charges $7300 for self-pay and I heard he's a pretty good doctor. I don't want to have the surgery until I find a fill doctor near Houston because I won't be able to continuing going back and forth to Mexico. Also, do y'all know anyone who developed the Mixed Connective Tissue (MCTD) auto-immune disease after having the lap-band procedure? I have Graves' disease and hyperthyroidism and was concerned about developing another auto-immune disease after the procedure.

Dr. Hadar Spivak is located near the Medical Center in Houston. His website is bandmd.com

You could call their office and see if he can help you.

Thank you JohnDeereGal. I already called Dr. Spivak's office and they were like "NO NO NO". From what I've seen on the boards, it seems as though houston doctors are not doing fills on Mexico bandsters. That's not fair :-( Well either I'll have to find a fill doctor elsewhere or find another job with insurance that will pay. Any suggestions?

Sorry I don't have any suggestions. I do know that Dr. Spivak's office will work with you if you are a self pay. I don't know much about surgery in Mexico, but I personally wouldn't have it done there if it costs $15,000 here and is less than $8000 there??? But there may be other people that have had great experience with that.

do y'all know anyone who developed the Mixed Connective Tissue (MCTD) auto-immune disease after having the lap-band procedure?

What a great question - although Ive never heard of anyone developing this from the band.

You may try Dr Felix Spiegel (Houston) for fills. Im not sure what his Houston number is - sorry! Please let us know what the answer is so everone can be informed!!! Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion Paula. I will call Dr. Spiegal's office on Monday and post the response. No I am not from Creole. I am from Louisiana and am of creole heritage. Thanks again.

Read my reply at the end of this thread: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7051&page=2. This doc is in College Station which isn't too far for you.

Guest moffette

I have a friend who is the nurse, of well know Gastric Doctor in Houston that does private fills. She does all the fills for the in office BAND fills, for a flat rate of $85.00. Needless to say she's GREAT.

Thanks for the information!!!!:) Do you have a name and/or number where I can reach the office? If you'd like to send it in a private message, feel free.

Thanks ;-);)

Can you please give me the name and number of the nurse who does fills, please pm me if you need to. I'm looking into getting a fill here pretty soon and I love the idea that I will be able to get it somewhere near here. Thanks....

Have you tried Dr. Robert Marvin? (713) 993-7124 Good luck!