Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Month Anniversary, How's everyone doing?

Can't believe it's been 8 months. I have lost 84lbs since surgery 101 over all. Recently have been having some medical problems. I have multiple gall stones, so I will have to have my gall bladdeer removed. Also have a kidney stone. But worst of all I am having trouble eating. Everything I eat creates flem in my throught so it feels like I am chocking on it and I have to throw it up. Also everythin I eat sits real heavy under my breast bone. It's very uncomfortable. I am worried my band has slipped. Have an appointment in a week for a follow up. On a good note I don't feel week or rundown I am still able to get to the gym a couple times a week. As long as I don't eat to much I feel fine just upset that I can eat and enjoy the food I am suppose to be eating. If anyone has had similar things happen please let me know, because right now I am not sure what to think.

Hello Lucky Losers!

It looks like we've all been busy. Not too many entries in the last two months. March 10th was my new birthday and things are progressing for me SLOWLY. I now have 9 cc in my band and that's about at tight as I can probably go. I am still losing but at a rate of about .5 lb per week. I have now lost about 45lbs. I had hoped to get to -50 by Christmas, but now with the feasting holidays starting, I find that I'm getting weaker in resolve. Can anyone relate to that? I also want to mention that I still have episodes of PBing about twice a week. I have trouble getting in enough Protein even though I start each day with a Protein shake and eat cottage cheese for lunch most days. Does anyone else have trouble digesting chicken and/or beef? I am going to work out at Curves at least three times a week, sometimes more. But at my age, 57, and being post-menopausal, I have virtually no metabolism at all. If I had eaten as little as I am now and did as much exercise as now 20 years ago, I'd have been losing 5 lbs a week! So that's frustrating. I do feel so much more healthy and am enjoying "shopping" from my closet full of clothes from yesteryear. The other day I tried on a pair of pants from 4 yrs ago and they were too big! Nothing feels better than that. And I'm feeling so much more positive about life in general. I am so happy not to be where I was a year ago--depressed and eating everything in sight. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all have much to be thankful for this year!! I hope you find some time to get back online and let us all know how you're doing.

Laweezmi

Can't believe it's been 8 months. I have lost 84lbs since surgery 101 over all. Recently have been having some medical problems. I have multiple gall stones, so I will have to have my gall bladdeer removed. Also have a kidney stone. But worst of all I am having trouble eating. Everything I eat creates flem in my throught so it feels like I am chocking on it and I have to throw it up. Also everythin I eat sits real heavy under my breast bone. It's very uncomfortable. I am worried my band has slipped. Have an appointment in a week for a follow up. On a good note I don't feel week or rundown I am still able to get to the gym a couple times a week. As long as I don't eat to much I feel fine just upset that I can eat and enjoy the food I am suppose to be eating. If anyone has had similar things happen please let me know, because right now I am not sure what to think.

I am rite there with you. I have lost 84 lbs since my banding on March 9th. When I am too tight I have a bunch of flem. I have found that if I just wait it out and lose a couple of extra pounds that the flem seams to subside a little but it is something that I think I will always have to deal with.

I also had to have my gall bladder out in july because of gallstones. They say that rapid weight loss is the cause of gall stones most of the time with banders.

Two weeks ago I had a breast reduction and now they are perky again. I was lucky to have my insurance cover 100 percent of it. I'm loving the new me. Though I often find it a battle between too tight and too loose.

laweemi.... I too have lost slowly... I also have lost 45 lbs in the 8 months since surgery. I am very frustrated at the slowness. I am so envious of those down 80lbs!!! I still have about 35-40lbs to lose and Im having a very hard time. I think I need another fill....sigh. I need to remind myself that this is lifelong, not temporary.

good luck!

amy

only 20 lbs gone here..very frustrating. I have 8 cc's in my 9 cc band and going in today for a consult. However, I have no problems eating or getting anything down so maybe that's my problem. It looks like our 80lb losers are really tight (which I thought I would be at 8cc but apparently not).

I havent been on this forum in a long time, but want to congratulate everyone. I started @ 281 and now have been @ 190-195 for the last 6-8 weeks. It can be frustrating, but then I think about how I was before. I did pig out during the holidays and know that I have done better, but have to remember this is a lifestyle change. Good luck to everyone...in a few months we can all say "what a year it has been" :smile:

Kicking a** and taking names! Been a little sloppy over the holidays but had an all around great year. Down 81 lbs since surgery, 137 overall. Completed my first triathlon, four 100-mile bike rides, and my first half-marathon. Keep it up folks!

Wow I am always amazed on how different every bandster is. I have an appointment monday and I know I have put on a few pounds from the holidays. Personally I am not worried just concerned the doctor will be disappointed. Since I had been having some issue with it being to tight over the last couple of months now it feels way to loose. I have little restriction and I am hungery all the time. So I am thinking I will get it tightened so I can get back on track and start loosing the rest to reach my goal. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

I'm down about 30 lbs. I can eat pretty much anything. I have to get back on track after the holidays. I have put back on about 5 pounds-not good. I am craving sweets terrible lately. I think that all the holiday sweets have brought back old habits. Thinking about doing pre-op diet for a week to get sugar cravings under control and maybe lose those 5 pounds. Keep up the good work everyone!

Banded on March 24th I have lost 120 lbs... Includes pre op loss. I can't believe I'm soon to be under 250!

I signed up to run a half marathon in May so I have been busy training for that. I still only have had 1 fill and

have no plans on getting another until after May. I'm finding that I need to eat more to keep up my energy

during training and I don't want any added restriction.

I'm no longer looking at the scale, just focusing on training!

Other New Years resolutions are to get off all processed foods, recycle

get quotes on getting all this skin removed and continue making exersise

a non negotiable habit!!

2010 is going to be a great year!!!

Sorry for the split paragraphs, I typed this on my phone keypad.

Hi All...congratulations.....At least everyones is loosing right? could be worse! I get discouraged cause I have only lost 75 pounds this far, but for my new me and 2010...I am GOING to start going to the gym 5 times a week...no excuses! Keep up the good work, believe and it will happen! :thumbup:

Hello to all congrats on your progress I FINALLY made it to a 50 lbs. loss but have also struggled w/the 2 tight 2 loose issues......