Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't get my first fill until December and I'm worried that thanksgiving will ruin the progress I've already made.

Hey there do not be scared it will all be ok. Just keep thinking of how loose those pants are and how good you feel with the weight gone. Do not deprive eat tiny bits, and enjoy your time with family and friends.

I had to wait 4 months from the 1st fill, then I will get my second fill at the end of this month. It has been hard I am not going to lie to you but the 4 pants sizes and smaller tops have kept my perspective on track. I had started a brand new job and there was no missing at all while in training so I have had to wait. You will be fine because if I can maintain at 30lb and not one pound gained, not one stuck piece of food, not one problem other then the band sometimes not feeling as if it was even there..You can do this, you are strong I mean really look how far you have come already. Awesome job and keep up the good work.

Michele

Don't be scared just try and measure your food. Try not to eat more than 1cup. And make sure you go walking..excersise! Get up and get moving! You need to visualize yourself thinner and healthier! Try and think POSITIVE! You deserve this!

I had my surgery on 9/23. I have lost 15lbs. Although I am happy with my weight loss, and feel soo much better already, I, like everbody else, wish the weight would come off quicker. I can tell the inches are coming off because I work out. I am not focusing on the number but more on how I feel, and the size of my clothes. The inches are coming off.. I know because I now wear a size 16/18 instead of a 20/22.

I have my first fill on 11-9-09. From what I understand the restriction/weight loss starts after that. I am thankful because it is right before this dreaded "food holiday!"

Good luck to you!

I have had to take my focus off of food. I am not cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. When I go to someone elses house, I will stay away from the food until it is time to eat, then I will measure very carefully, fully aware that others are going to be watching me and giving their 2 cents on what I should be doing. After dinner I will help clear and then get out of the kitchen and go outside with the kids or take a walk. I won't be in the house when desert is served at all. My focus has to be else where for my own good and others will just have to get used to the new me. You will be fine, just change your focus......

have my mom come over and cook ur thanksgiving meal...believe me u won't even want a cup of her cooking...lol...u'll be fine...just keep in mind "its just food"...its not going to love u or pay ur bills...when everything has been digested it ends up in the toilet!!!!!!!!! eeeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't cook Thanksgiving dinner, but have had it at other family or friends houses. I take a little of what is passed around, and on holidays I allow myself some dessert, just not a huge helping. At one friend's, where I am going this year, we have dinner with her relatives and go back to her house for dessert. Her mother in law is diabetic, so she always has a sugar free dessert for her, so I try to eat that. If not a little sweet stuff doesn't ruin my new eating lifestyle. I don't have a big sweet tooth so other days if I want something sweet, I have a sugar free popsicle or a Protein smoothie without guilt. I save the sweet stuff for holidays and very special occasions. That seems to work for me.

Can one of you tell me how you post the ticker at the bottom of your profile?

I won't get my first fill until December and I'm worried that thanksgiving will ruin the progress I've already made.

I was banded the day before Thanksgiving last year so that was not a problem, but I had to go through the Christmas/New Year holiday period and that was a bit challenging. My first fill was in January. I managed to eat a few Christmas Cookies and still lost a couple pounds every week. You will do just fine!

thanks everybody i do have to cook but that to me isnt huge but food is social for me

It will be very hard for you I am sure. When you begin to smell all the wonderful smells and see everyone eating. Since you do not have a fill it will be particularly difficult. I would be sure to have foods on hand that won't destroy your progress. You should be into solids by then so that will help you. If you have the traditional turkey that will be good just take the skin off and weigh it before you eat it. Then, I would choose two things that I really love from the menu and eat a very small amount of them. The most important thing of all is to be sure and get back on the horse the very next day. I am having a huge house full of company for Thanksgiving and I have alreay bought the take home containers for my guests. I will be sending all the food home with them so I won't be tempted the next day. That is the most important part of all. Don't keep it in the house for later. It won't hurt to splurge a little for one day. Just be sure it is for one day only. Good Luck!

Can one of you tell me how you post the ticker at the bottom of your profile?

Go to your user cp section at the top left hand corner of this page and click on edit signature. Then, open up a new tab on your internet browser and go to www.tickerfactory.com. Then make your ticker and right click on copy. Go back to your signature tab and go to the open box and right click again and hit paste. Go to the bottom of the page and click on save and your done.:w00t:

Plan your day very carefully. Planning ahead will make a huge difference. Keep your eye on the goal and you can do it. Oh, you need to also focus on other things than food to meet your social needs. Food is soon gone but family & friends are more important.You can do this!

Thank you!

I was going to ask this same ? today! I'm going home to Ca forThanksgiving (from OR) and my mom has managed to let everyone know what I've done - so I'm sure all eyes will be on me. I had my band on Oct 1, so I'm into real foods and even had my first fill last week. I still feel no restriction at all. My doc says sometimes it takes 3-4 before feeling a good restriction.

I was doing so well the first 3 weeks, lost 21 lbs - then gained 7 lbs of it back over the last 3 weeks. I'm still down 14 and I'm back on track on what I need to do. And a darned turkey isn't gunna wipe me out of the race!

Blessings!

Marci