Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Harris/Galveston County people looking for Support

I was banded on 4-22-2010 and have been looking for a support group. I would love to joing your group if there is still room for one more. I live in Alvin, so please send me time and place of next meeting and I will be there. I am so happy I stumbled across your posts. God Bless!!

weight.png

Will be happy to let you know when they are. We always have room for people and support is the best thing for everyone. I am going to private message you my phone number if you ever want to talk. I work at home but Tuesdays and Thursdays are not good phone talking days as I watch my two grandbabies and work too on those 2 days. We also go to a meeting in Alvin on the 3rd Saturday of the month at Casa Ole on Highway 6 at 1:30 pm. It is for all types of weightloss surgery, but there are about 5 Lapbanders and everyone is so nice. Also one in pasadena on the 14th of this month same thing all types of surgery but they have a leader and usually a topic discussion and then regular talking it is at 7:00 - 9:00 pm but you can leave early if you need to it is in a resturant too they say be there at 6:30 to eat or 7:00 for meeting. We never eat just drink Water or coffee. We could meet you in Clear Lake and ride together or you can follow us whatever makes you feel safe.

Then we have one towards the end of the month in Friendswood at one the the ladies houses, I will find out for sure which day and let you know. We needed support so we just made out own little group all lapbanders and some of the best friends I have ever made. We are in all stages of lapbanding from 1 month to 15 months and all different Doctors. Who was your DR?

Cheri

Edited by 123crod
additional writing

I was banded on April 22nd in Detroit Michigan. I flew there to have my surgery because I had to pay out of pocket. My insurance had an exclusion for all bariatric surgery. I see Dr. Alanis in clear lake now for all my follow ups and fills. I have not yet had a fill and am getting scared about that because I seem to be hungry a lot for the past week. I will plan on meeting you guys on the 14th in Clear Lake and following you. I will call you for all the details but not tonight cause I know you are spending time with you grandkids. Thank you .

I would love to meet you all. I do my surgery in Houston June 18th.

A couple of us from Friendswood and Texas City Area have meet once for coffee or a bottle of Water at Starbucks so we could talk about our experiece and would like others to join us. Men or Women are welcome. It doesn't matter what Dr you used we have different Drs. Also you could bring your spouse or a friend whatever makes you comfortable

We are open to meeting anywhere that is public so people will feel safe. If you are interested just reply to this thread. It was really fun meeting others that are going through the same thing. We said an hour but we talked 2 hours. But people could and go as they want

We thought we could meet once a month or more if some want to. Thanks!!:thumbup:

Hi! Have you found a meeting place yet? If not, or if you want to check out another one, try this... Cally-Ann Choate at 713-254-8392 cell, or home 832-230-1107. She is super nice and has a lot of interesting information, tons of recipies! This is a new group, we have only had one meeting so far. The next will be 7-8-10 at 7pm at her house, in Pearland. If this does not work for you, let me know, I can find another one! I know of a few.

Good luck!

Jen hardy

I have a friend looking for a support group. She has not been banded yet but is planning to in August. She lives in Meyerland area, in SW HOuston. Any ideas? Thanks

I'm in League City and WOULD LOVE to meet up and share stories, trials and tribulations and how everyone got through them. I was banded 12/30/10 so I am just a baby in this journey...

I kind of feel like there should be 30 meetings in 30 days, like AA, and then ongoing meetings that can be attended without warning... like AA.