Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year down 100lb lost

Hi all I thought I would post today as this is my bandaversity.Yep one year ago today I was lying on a slab getting my insides poked about by Dr Chris de bruyne.Weighing in at 23st 2lb (324lb).As of today I am now weighing in at 16st (224lb).So 100lb in one year to the day I could not have asked for any more.The journey has not been easy but well worth it .I did not really get restriction until 7-8 months after I had the op so a lot if it was will power and dieting.

Before I had the op I weighed up the options of me not having surgery to having it .The positives were out numbering the negatives what was the worst that could happen. I could die on the operating table or I could die with the excess weight I was carrying or with all the problems you have with being obese.

Some of the things that have changed In my life since I have lost the weight have pleased me .I can now go to the swimming with my kids which I never done when I was at my heaviest as I was too embarrassed .

I am also able to fit in the seats on roller coasters now where a year ago I would never have even tried .I'm now like a big kid when we go to the fun fair.We have even booked up for Orlando for next June due to the weight loss.I'm also able to take the kids round the the park on the bikes which they love.They have a new dad now which is one of the reasons I had the op .I don’t want my children’s lives to pass me by with me not being able to do things normal dads do.

I have also set a date for my wedding which I would not have done if I had not lost the weight.Its only taken me 8 years to set the date lol.

I have lost at least 10 inches from my waist 12 inches from my chest and 3 inches from my neck.So the only negative is I have had to buy a full new wardrobe of clothes.

Although I have not lost all the weight I want too if I had to stay at this weight I would be quite happy.The last time I was at this weight I was 16 years of age.

So for anyone thinking of getting the band done or is just starting the journey I would say it can be done go for it.

I have been using this site for a year now and it has given me so much inspiration reading other peoples success story and looking at the before and after photos really spurned me on .

I only hope my story can inspire someone thinking of getting the band that it can change your life round and all for the better.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, your new active lifestyle, and your engagement!! Whew, what a year you've had. I'm sure your story will be very inspirational not only to anyone considering WLS, but also to everyone who is on this journey with you. Thanks for sharing.

congratulations! I am so excited for you and for my future, thank you for sharing your triumph!

That is my goal too! I believe if I follow through and follow the path I will pull it off. Just the weight loss I have had in the last few months preparing my self I have lost 25% of my goal.

My kids need me to do the fun stuff with them too! I do this for myself and them!

CONGRTS TO YOU!! You have really inspired me. :Yawn: I look forward to reaching my 100lb mark. I have just begun my journey and go for my initial assessment next week. I have already decided, though, to go forward with the surgery-thanks to all of the inspiring stories I've read here.

What an inspiration you are!...CONGRATULATIONS!!!...I'm sure your children are happy to have an active,healthy dad!...and congrats on setting your wedding date!!!!...Wishing you continued success!!!

Congratulations! What a fabulous achievement, and a positive story.

I am sure your family will appreciate this as you live a long healthy active life with them!

Keep up the great work.