Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mckinney,TX- What DR.'s are great for this?

I live around Mckinney, Tx and looking for a Dr. who has done this surgery and has many successfull surgeries. If you have been to Dr. here and has been successfull no problems please let me in on this Dr. I had one Dr. in mind but he was an out-of-network Dr. for me and I am trying for an in network. If you have BCBS of Texas and had this surgery please referr me please.

Cassie

Hi Cassie,

I went to the Bariatric Surgery Center of Dallas @ Presby Dallas. The doctor's name is James Davidson. They are wonderful there. I have had my band a little over eight months and I have lost 81 lbs. I don't have BCBS, but a good friend of mine has that insurance and it was covered for her.

The number to the center is 214-265-SLIM

Website is www.bscdallas.com

I am here if you have questions, have a wonderful day!!

Thank you! I will be looking into that today! I seen that on the internet, I like to hear from people who have used these Dr.'s. I have never had surgery before so it is pretty scary for me. THanks again!!

Surgery Center of Richardson is chock full of doctors who do this procedure every day - it's their main practise - so they have all done WELL over the 100 surgery learning curve.

www.surgerycenterofrichardson.com

Happy Researching!!

:]

Cassie....I live in McKinney, too. So welcome neighbor! Dr. Jayaseelan did my surgery at the Surgery Center of Richardson and they are both great! Dr. Jay is wonderful. He's done the surgery hundreds of times. He's very skillful and is such a very nice man. His staff is great also. The Surgery Center of Richardson from the outside is a little scary! It's in an old shopping center! LOL We drove up the day of surgery and I was about ready to turn around and come back to McKinney but trust me, it's all business inside. They do nothing but lapband surgeries so they know what's going on for sure. I was banded 5 1/2 months ago and I've lost 96 pounds so far. I told Dr. Jay that when I reached my goal weight I was going to do a commercial for him and now I think I've made a believer out of him! He really is a very kind and caring physician. He makes you feel so very comfortable. If you'd like more info, just let me know. Hey since we live in the same town, I'd be more than glad to meet you some where and we could talk about the band...that seems to be one of my favorite things to talk about now! LOL Just let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Hi Cassie. You're not very far from me. I live in Little Elm. My surgery is scheduled for November 8th and I have BCBS of Texas. Actually, I am a teacher so it is TRS BCBS of Texas but the policies and requirements are the same.

Regarding my surgery, I am using Dr. Frank Veninga.

North Texas Bariatric & General Surgery

4333 N. Josey Lane

Plaza II - Suite 207

Carrollton, Texas 75010

PH 972.939.8218

FX 972.395.1789

website

http://www.bariatricsurgerydallas.com/index.html

Dr. Veninga and his staff are so wonderful. My main reason for choosing his office is the quality of patient care and advocacy. I never felt rushed or that my questions were a bother. Dr. Veninga personally spent over an hour with me on my first visit which I understand is standard procedure for him. This was in addition to the very thorough visit with his nurse. His entire office staff is also friendly and patient. Thanks to their thorough questions and paperwork, I was approved the first time with out any hassle. I feel very fortunate and I can't say enough good things about them.

I hope things work out for you. Good luck!

Kendra

Hi,

I did a huge amount of research, both in the doctor and his records and standing, but also in how much laparoscopic surgery had been performed, and what types. I made a decision to go with Dr. Wade Barker in Mesquite. He is a wonderfully skilled doctor, professional, and very dedicated to his clients. He takes the time to listen, answer all of your questions, and makes you feel like he has all the time in the world. I would use him again for any surgery that I have in the future.

Deby

I am using Dr. Todd McCarty at Baylor. I have past experience with him on a gall bladder surgery and also a spider bite that I almost lost my leg. My SO is a nurse with Baylor and said he is definitely one of the best surgeons you can ever go with - not there are not others also - but you won't go wrong with him. My surgery date is scheduled Nov. 10.

Guest Stampladi

I too am considering Dr. Frank Veninga and also have BCBS of TX. I'm thrilled that they are covering your surgery, maybe there's hope for me yet! Did you have to jump through any hoops for them or sign away your first born??LOL

Would love to hear back from you about your experiences with this Dr, and the insurance co.

Hoping to be "banded" too!

Stacey

Stacey,

I did not use Dr. Veninga. I used Dr. Wade Barker and he was excellent. Would use him again any day. My BCBS okay'd it on the first time out, no questions. However, my BCBS is through CA, where my corporate office is. I do not know if that had anything to do with it. I would hope they are now accepting it in all States. Please feel free to ask any questions about the surgery or band. And I would check into Dr. Barker before making your final decision.

Best of luck,

Deby

Hi! I'm in Frisco, TX. I just got banded 11 days ago by Dr. Richard Benevides at the Surgery Center of Richardson. He's great, his staff is great, the surgery center of great. They have meetings as well for people at various stages of banding (pre and post) which is very helpful. I highly recommend them!

I also have the TRS BCBS. Was it hard for you to get them to help pay for your surgery. Oh and just realized today is the day you have your surgery! Let us know how it went! Good luck.

I first checked into Dr. Benavides, but he didn't accept BCBS at the time I had my surgery almost 3 months ago. I called his office and they referred me to Dr. Robert Powell. So far I have been very happy with him. He has a lady in his office named Melissa who has lost about 95lbs with Lap Band. I had my surgery at Renassiance (sp) Hospital off S. Hampton and was pleasantly surprised with the hospital and staff. :)

I've also heard great things about Dr. Barker, I know his office manager personally. She didn't work there when I had my surgery.

Best of luck to you.