Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm seeing my surgeon on Monday to get my surgery scheduled. I'm excited but scared at the same time. I want to find the smaller person inside of me again, but this time for GOOD and not temporarily.

good for you sunshine! Tell us about yourself. What part of this big ole globe do you live on? Who is your doc? How much weight do you want to lose? How'd you find us?

Anyhow, welcome to LBT!!!

Yes Sunshine! How did you find out about the band? Are you married or single like me? Lets us know all about you. As you can see we are a friendly group here in Bandland!

I found out about the lapband through a co-worker at the hospital that I work at. I noticed that she had lost a lot of weight and I asked her how and she said she had a lapband. She told me to go online and look at the info on it. I was amazed and started praying as to what I should do. Well, 2 days later there was a special on the lapband on Channel 11 news and it was the same exact doctor that my friend said had done hers. That was my answer!! My husband and I have been married 18 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters (16 and 13). I want to be able to see them grow up and have families of their own and I feel like the lapband is the tool that I need to do that. I'm so glad that my friend told me about it and I can't wait to get it done.

I live in Camden Arkansas and I'm using Dr. Clay Wellborn in Little Rock. I am wanting to lose @ 90 lbs. I want to look like I did in my Sr. Class picture in 1986. That's my goal

Good for you in making a decision to take control over your own life!!! You have a wonderful incentive, your family, and they will support you in your decision as well. I think it's the best decision I have ever made for myself and would recommend it highly to everyone who is interested and probably a few that aren't, LOL!

Welcome and know that we are here to support you as well. This is a wonderful sight for information and support, everyone here is absolutely great! Lots of experience and very compassionate people here. Hope you enjoy it and find it useful.

Cindy

You get your surgery date tomorrow! Be sure and let us now when you will be scheduled for so we can be praying and rooting for you!

p.s.... i want to lose 90 lbs so i can look like i did in my sr. pic in 1985,,,very close goals there. very close age also. we can do it together.;-)

Hey Bandsters,

Well, it's been a roller coaster ride with the insurance, but I think we've worked it out. No matter what I'm supposed to have my surgery on the 17th of November. Only 3 more weeks!! I'm excited, but scared. I hope that this is the answer to my prayers. I'm a little worried about the liquid diet. What did ya'll eat? Thanks Darla

Bandsters,

Well, I finally got approval from the insurance yesterday and I'm scheduled for surgery at 7:30am on Nov. 18th!!! They said I could do it at 1:00pm on the 17th, but I live 2 hours from Little Rock and I thought I'd rather do it early. Especially since I can't eat or drink after midnight. Could someone please tell me what Protein shakes are the best? I need to know what to buy for the post-op. Please keep me in your prayers.

Darla

Sunshine" Im Happy for you that you are taking a long look and finding your self and that you no that you want to be smaller in size. as we all do.

Good luck with your weight loss Journay. You have made the first step Now it's time to walk! Good luck hope it goe's easy for you JOHNQ

Hey Darla,

My name is Darla too! Not a common name, is it? I use "Cambridge" shakes because I never get tired of the taste. I think I found it by googleing Cambridge Nutrition. It is not a carb-free shake but I have lost lots of weight on the product before. Best of luck to you!

I used the Glucerna shakes, you can find them in cans at most drugstores (at least in our area). They are formulated to keep your blood sugar even for a few hours and they have Fiber. What I liked was that they were premixed in a can so I didn't need to deal with mixing anything at work.

But there are lots of good shakes out there I think.

My surgeon's office didn't promote doing Protein shakes during the post-surgery liquid phase. They suggested cream Soups, Jello, non&low calorie drinks like Crystal Lite or Propel.

I think there's a sticky in the food section of this site for suggestions of foods for the clear liquid, liquid and mushy stages.