Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cannot get food down when seated!!!

Has anyone ever had this happen to them???? If I stand, I can eat 2 slices of pizza!! If I am seated, I cannot eat anything. It just will not go down and I am forced to vomit. Nobody seems to have ever heard of this, I cannot be the only one that this has happened to?? I need it fixed so I can be normal. I have only lost 25 pounds one year post op!!!

Hey girl.. it's me.. you know who.. LOL I can't wait to hear what a different surgeon tells you... good luck!!

Has anyone ever had this happen to them???? If I stand, I can eat 2 slices of pizza!! If I am seated, I cannot eat anything. It just will not go down and I am forced to vomit. Nobody seems to have ever heard of this, I cannot be the only one that this has happened to?? I need it fixed so I can be normal. I have only lost 25 pounds one year post op!!!

Sounds like, pure guess by the way, you are overfilled? I do know that if I do get stuck, getting up and walking around helps to a small extend, but if your not overfilled, maybe its slipped too low?

It happens to me also, especially the first couple of weeks after a fill. I assumed it the weight in my stomach blocking the food. If I lean back in my chair or stand it's ok.

Call your surgeon. This doesn't sound right to me.

I can eat better standing up aswell. In fact, my surgeon recommended standing u while eating. I can however eat sitting down aswell...so maybe you are a little too tight.

It happens to me. As a matter of fact if I drink Water sitting in my sons car the Water gets stuck. I have to drink it very slow. I think it is the angle of the seat.

I though for a while that it would always be that way but it has gotten better. I think it just depends how sensitive your stomach is. I found if I ate a spoon full as I was walking around heating my food I could then, after about 5 minutes, go sit at the table and eat if I sat on the edge of my chair and kept my back very straight.

Now your a year out so I'm not sure. Good luck and I hope it gets better.

I too can eat better if I stand. Somedays I eat while I cook. I hate having to do this and forget really going out to eat, on rare occasion I have been lucky but I think I focus on chewing more while in public.

I think probably if we thought about it, we'd realise we can all eat better standing.

if you cant eat sitting at all though, that's a problem. You're probably overfilled for you right at this moment, and I agree, a bit less weight in the stomach as you lose it will probably make ALL the difference to you. Carrying weight in your abdomen does restrict your stomach significantly. Just try to eat sitting down at 9 months pregnant - I could barely eat anything in my third pregnancy, lost heaps of weight.

I don't have a belly and really never did, my problem areas are the thighs/booty, so that's not a logical answer for me.And I can't seem to find a bowl that heats up so that when I'm eating I'mnot having to get up several times to reheat. I hate to stand and eat but if i'm hungery enough I will..

...And I can't seem to find a bowl that heats up so that when I'm eating I'mnot having to get up several times to reheat. I hate to stand and eat but if i'm hungery enough I will..

My kids are teens, so maybe this is a thing of the past but check the tot's dept at a dept store (Target, Walmart, etc) or Babies R Us for a warming plate. Back when my kids were little, you could buy the ones that had a small reservoir under the plate for hot Water. That way, your food should stay warm, but you're not tethered to an electric cord.

I have been banded since Dec 08 and I can honestly say that I can relate to everything you are saying! I can eat so much better standing! I dont get the urge to slime but when I start feeling full, I HAVE to stop.

being overfilled will slow down and even stop weight loss. It doesn't sound possible but maybe if you get just a little taken out, and then do liquids for a day, you will not only feel better, you will lose regularly...