Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

milk in blender with fresh fruit

I use flavored or plain yogurt, Protein powder, little milk and ice

or

Crystal LIte orange drink (or wal-mart brand), lemon juice, Protein Powder, and ice for a pick me up citrus Protein smoothie

I have a can of natural soy Protein Powder, I don't really like the taste of it and will replace with whey when it's done. I also have Super Advanced whey Protein powder (52g per serving) in chocolate. This one goes well in my coco at night. I also find chocolate with a little instant coffee fills me like food.

fruit can be added, I keep frozen because we use so little. Don't forget fruit has lots of sugar so if the yogurt is flavored I skip the fruit unless I'm going for a combo flavor like orange/strawberry.

Edited by niterun
missed something

1 cup of milk only has 8 grams of protien. The carbmasters milk has a little more. Is this for a pre- ir immediately post-op diet? If so, to get the amount of Protein you need you would consume too many calories if you only drink milk and no protein powder. Try adding some protein powder to the milk and fruit, even if all you can tollerate is 1/2 a scoop.

Slimmy, I suggest you go somewhere like GNC. Mine will let you sample Protein Shakes to find one you like. Milk alone is, as another poster pointed out, too low in Protein. You need at least 20 grams of protein in a "shake" and just milk and fruit is too low in protein and too high in carbs to provide what you (your body) needs.

As others have said, you won't get enough Protein with only milk. I was supposed to boost my Protein shakes with a 1/4 cup of skim dry milk powder. Another idea to boost the Protein is Greek yogurt added to you shake. I would also try to add at least a small scoop of protein powder and adjust it as you can tolerate it (that is, if you can tolerate it). Isopure is a fruit flavored Protein Drink that has 40 grams of protein/20 oz.

However, you should run these ideas by your surgeon or NUT. We don't want to lead you down the wrong path, and have you end up getting sick. They may even have alternatives for you.

Well, I disagree, lol. I think a milk and fruit smoothie is a healthy Breakfast, probably because I dont think you need a gazillion grams of Protein in any one meal and I dont think you need to avoid carbs like fruit.

This is something I make for Breakfast quite often because its a good way to get in fruit. BUT - it tastes better and has more body with a little Protein powder in it. I keep vanilla Optifast for this purpose - I hate most protein powders, have never found one that didnt have a revolting aftertaste.

I agree with Jacqui I will make mine with a glass of Milk, a thing of lite yogart, with berries (because they are lower in sugars) but I will sometimes add a banana. You shouldnt avoid the heathly sugars like fruit. Or healthy fats like in avocados. I am also one after spending 2 1/2 weeks on Protein Shakes, that cant stand protien and I have tried just about all of them both from GNC and Walmart. With the milk and yogart i think its about 12 grams of Protein and I am getting 2 of my daily servings of milk.

Well, I disagree, lol. I think a milk and fruit smoothie is a healthy breakfast, probably because I dont think you need a gazillion grams of Protein in any one meal and I dont think you need to avoid carbs like fruit.

This is something I make for breakfast quite often because its a good way to get in fruit. BUT - it tastes better and has more body with a little Protein powder in it. I keep vanilla Optifast for this purpose - I hate most protein powders, have never found one that didnt have a revolting aftertaste.

:smile2:I am pre band and i joined Curves and went on their diet they have a protein powder that tastes good and mixes you can add like sugar free pudding or penut butter you can use sugar-free gelatins or vanilla & caramel extracts The vanilla protein with orange geatin taste good. Maybe some of these addins will help.

Its kind of you to suggest, and I dont want to sound rude, but to be honest, I dont consider things like sugar free pudding healthy. I think you're way better off with fresh fruit and milk than adding artificially sweetened flavours.

I just dont understand how people think they're eating well when they're eating stuff like this, just becuase it has 30 grams of Protein. It also has a whole host of unnatural and possibly harmful products added to taste like cheesecake or chocolate or lemon meringe pie.

Whereas milk and fresh fruit are just, well, milk and fresh fruit.

Then again, I just ate a party pie - a small version of our Aussie meat pie. There's possibly NO beef in them at all, but lots of lips, claws, assholes and earlobes. Disgusting to even think about but mmmm they taste good. So perhaps dont listen to me!

Edited by Jachut

Thanks for all the comments, i have been having, milk, fruit, and some Protein powder, going to try the yogurt and other bits when i get bored, but hey hey hey dropped 2kilos since started doing this feww i was starting to worry.