Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

has anyone else gotten so hungry on the liquid diet that they aren't hungry? lol

I'm just not wanting to eat my sugar free Jello right now

I do believe I got so hungry that I was no longer hungry. It is like I ignored the pain for so long, it finally just went away. I lost 26 pounds during my pre-op diet, but it seems like I lost the majority of it in the first week and then it went slower the second week.

My surgery was Wednesday - I did it! All went pretty smoothly, although I became very nauseous after the yesterday morning and they wouldn't let me leave the hospital until my stomach had calmed down. I was a wimp when I got home, too, complained about the headache I've had for days (interesting to see others had it too, pre-op) and finally tried to get some sleep last night. Well today I'm pretty much back to normal. I little tired and sore, but nothing unbearable. I went out and did a little Christmas shopping, too. Now I'm home for some rest! Congratulations to everyone else coming up!!

Deuce I totally got to that point- I could just stare at it!

has anyone else gotten so hungry on the liquid diet that they aren't hungry? lol

Yeah I am down another 3.2 lbs this week. I am so happy..

sorry just checking my ticker

I am home now and well. Better now than I was in the hospital. I did gain 4 lbs. from the IV Fluid. Has any one else experienced this? It freaked me out. The doctor's office called and I asked about it. They said that it's from the fluid. I hardly ate anything at the hospital. What's up with that?

Hello all,

Well, I had my surgery on the 14th and woke up in recovery with extreme shoulder pain, I mean exteme! I was spending the night anyway so I made the best of it. I was able to get down very little Fluid without extreme shoulder pain and pain in the pit of my pouch as it were, but not knowing what normal was, I just hoped it would stop soon. Went home the next day at noonish, an hour and a half drive and by 8pm, I experienced the worst pain when I took my dissolved my medicine and it never went away. Called the doc and he said that I had to come in for a very quick fluid removal and I should be fine. Apparently, there is a small amount of fluid left in the band on insertion that can removed if there is too much swelling. He said I should go in that night or first thing in the AM if I could handle the pain. If anyone ever EVER gets this, go ASAP, do not wait. I had the longest most horribly painful night of my life! Worse than childbirth and a ruptured brain anuerysm! AND scary cuz I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I was not even in my right mind, cuz my family was home and I did not even let them know how much pain I was in, I hid in a room by myself like I had brought this on myself and deserved to suffer for it. I know now that that makes little sense, but I must have still been under the influence of anesthesia or something!!! The next AM I was at his office crying my head off and when he removed the fluid from the band, I immediately felt relief. He told me to walk around for an hour and come back.(like I had energy for that after the night I had just had!) When we went back, I could not swallow my next test sip of Water, and again, could not even swallow my own spit! Lucky me, he told me that there is a very minute amount of people that get this exteme type of swelling and only one out of 3 of those would have to go into the hosp for steroid IV's. I got to do both!! Not just for one round of 3 doses over a 24 hour period, but 6 for a 48 hour period and I am still not able to do more than wet my tongue without pain. At least I now know what getting stuck feels like, it is just that my stuck could not go down if it wanted to. When I had upper GI in hosp, I had to swallow small amount of contrast and I could see it stop and then trickle through, then it would stop and as my esophagus would start to contract, you could see the rest of it squirting upwards which he says is part of what causes me to feel like I am having a heart attack. I am so afraid to drink anything I do not know how long it will take me to get back to my new normal whatever that is, but I am sure hoping it is soon. Another upsetting part is, that I now weigh 5 more pounds than I did on the morning of surgery!!! I am swollen like a sponge from all of those lovely IVs. Has anyone else had this kind of pain when they drink anything? I do not mean the total blockage, but what I have now, causing me not to be able to do more that wet my tongue and swallow my spit without getting chest and shoulder pain? I had never read anything like this preoperatively and I really did alot of research. I would sure like to hear from anyone that might have been through this and made it through the other side and are still happy that they did the surgery. I think I will eventually get encouraged again, but the pain and the debt will be fresh in my mind for a long time to come. I am usually an optimistic person, but now I feel like maybe I am doomed to being the exception to every rule I am going to come accross. Boy, I guess I have been waiting to get home from the hospital to get that off my chest! Would love to hear so happy stories from others that had surgery this week! Thanks for listening! Also, please do not let this scare you as I was told it is a very small percentage that get this. Leah

I just had my surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC yesterday and so far I am very soar but feeling good overall. I had a rough beginning yesterday. Though my surgery was scheduled for 11am, I wasn't taken in until 7PM!! I had to send my 88 year old grandmother home cause it was getting to late. She's a trouper though and has been by my side through it all. Once, I was in the hospital, regardless of the scheduling woes, for better or worse I was committed to seeing it through. Good luck to everyone on their upcoming procedures and i'm looking forward to learning so much more from everyone here.

Lauren

I got like that especially the night before surgery. I just went to bed.

My surgery was Wednesday - I did it! All went pretty smoothly, although I became very nauseous after the yesterday morning and they wouldn't let me leave the hospital until my stomach had calmed down. I was a wimp when I got home, too, complained about the headache I've had for days (interesting to see others had it too, pre-op) and finally tried to get some sleep last night. Well today I'm pretty much back to normal. I little tired and sore, but nothing unbearable. I went out and did a little Christmas shopping, too. Now I'm home for some rest! Congratulations to everyone else coming up!!

:smile2: OMG I 'm going into the 5th day of my pre-op liquid diet and I have this headache that just will not go away! I guess im having sugar withdrawls or something but I'm soooooo ready for it to be gone.

I am a December Bandster!!!! :smile2:

It feels so good to say that! I am scheduled for surgery December 28th and am so very excited. Bring on the liquids....I am ready to do whatever it takes.

I'm officially Banded!!!!!! Surgery was yesterday morning. Everything went fine. I got there at 7 am and was home by 1:30 pm. I'm very sore and my left shoulder feels like someone took a baseball bat to it, but the heating pad works wonders for that. I am so thankful to God and to all of the support on this site. Now the real jouney begins.

yes, I'm starting day 12 and I am just not hungry. I am sick of protien shakes & broth, I just want to taste something different! sugar free popsicles are the best, though but I am only allowed 2 a day. C'mon Tuesday!

My day is finally here! Need to be at hospital at 9 am. Very nervous. Could hardly sleep. I have a little bit of congestion and I hope that is not a problem.

Please pray for me.....and my mom. No my mom is not getting banded but she worries a lot! I think there were only 2 others being banded today on this thread. Good luck to you guys!:smile2: