Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I made it. I'm still sore but it is getting better. Good luck to the all of you waiting to get banded.

- Val

Hey guys I am doing good, getting a little tired or Protein Drinks but feeling awsum,,,good luck to all people getting banded we are here if you need anythiung larry

Tomorrow morning I am being banded. I am ready, but scared of surgery and the recovery time.

Nerves are definitely sinking in.

Don't be nervous dear. Everything will be just fine. You have the December Delights and you will be in my prayers. Besides, they give you something to calm your nerves before you go into OR:lol:. Get some rest and get well soon.

Doer DID IT!! I am in my hospital room right now. I'm not in too much pain, the staff has been very attentive. Everyone here has been wonderful (Hartford Hospital). I am thrilled to be starting my journey. Good luck to the rest of you this week and this month!

Hello everyone! This board was so helpful to me so I thought I would drop in and offer some experience to those still pre-op. I am 7 days post-op and feel awesome! Surgery went great, recovery so far is wonderful. My biggest complaint has been the gas pain but like those before me walking, Gas X strips and a heating pad seem to do the trick. I am so excited for all of you to join me on the other side, so Merry Christmas and best wishes on your banding!!!!

TODAY IS MY DAY....everything we do takes courage, and faith. getting into our cars and out on the road takes courage and faith, and so does eating food, since we do not know if it will poison us. This is not differenet...I am just full of courage today and ready to step into that new realm of existence.

I have surgery in about seven hours, and I just realized that not only are we all starting a new life by the end of the year, but we are starting a new decade!!! May we all have successful surgeries and may The Lord guide the hands of our surgeons.

May we be rgateful for our blessings, and may our families be calmed from their fears. May we become lights to those around us and surely goodness and mercy will follow us. Psalm 23

Love to everyone...you'll be seeing LESS of me! heh heh

Sara

I'm leaving in a couple of minutes for the surgery center. Wish me luck.

I woke up with a sore throat but gargled with some salt Water, which made me thirsty. My hands are really dry but can't put lotion on them. And I'm starting to feel nervous.

Good luck to all the others getting banded today!

I, too, am undergoing my life-changing, Temple-altering re-birth on the 30th and am glad to see I am not alone in ringing in the new year with ... a glass of water! Congrats to everyone who has been banded this month and those who have yet to be banded - here's wishing all of us the best of luck!

Hey building_a_new_temple - good to see you in the group. I hope I can stay awake for the new year. Depends on the pain or pain pills. Some have said its better to sleep through the first couple of days. Anyway a glass of Water might just toast in the new decade.

Good luck to all of todays bandsters:

librarychick, adagray, TracyW2, Melinco, drumr2112, ChaosIsOrder, ididit35, terrimj, kim60, JohnDRobinson

TODAY IS MY DAY....everything we do takes courage, and faith. getting into our cars and out on the road takes courage and faith, and so does eating food, since we do not know if it will poison us. This is not differenet...I am just full of courage today and ready to step into that new realm of existence.

I have surgery in about seven hours, and I just realized that not only are we all starting a new life by the end of the year, but we are starting a new decade!!! May we all have successful surgeries and may The Lord guide the hands of our surgeons.

May we be rgateful for our blessings, and may our families be calmed from their fears. May we become lights to those around us and surely goodness and mercy will follow us. Psalm 23

Love to everyone...you'll be seeing LESS of me! heh heh

Sara

Good Luck to you today. I pray that it is smooth sailing for you. My day is tomorrow.

Hi All I'm on Day 3 of the liquid diet - I'm freaking hungry. I'd kill for a cheeseburger right now.

Good News is I've lost 8 pounds already. Woohoo.

65-

I'm feeling your pain. I'm on day 13 (3 more to go) and would seriously hurt someone for some real food. Soooooo tempted, but I don't want to do anything to screw this up. We've worked too hard for it. But at least you've dropped 8 pounds-I'm only down 5 in 13 days. But hang in there, we can do it!

65-

I'm feeling your pain. I'm on day 13 (3 more to go) and would seriously hurt someone for some real food. Soooooo tempted, but I don't want to do anything to screw this up. We've worked too hard for it. But at least you've dropped 8 pounds-I'm only down 5 in 13 days. But hang in there, we can do it!

wow I don't think i could do it that long a week is enough for me lol

Well December Bandsters,

I'm on my last day of pre op diet and tomorrow is the BIG day. I guess I've been too hungry and focused on the diet for the last 10 days, because I haven't been nervous until today. I'm very anxious and quite a bit nervous. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm on the PMS wagon, as well. I have to be at the hospital @ 7 a.m and surgery is @9. :)

65-

I was banded last Friday and havent had much of an appetite..but still really hurt! Is this normal..anyone?? Im waking up in the night with pain...My doctor is 5 hours away so I dont see him until my first fill next month the 14th...I've only lost 6 lbs..and feel very swollen...I will be glad when this part gets better!

POPPYred