Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

thanks karyn! i feel like a part of the gang now! good to see you are back on the computer so quickly! hope your are feeling well. I work from home on the computer and I am hoping that I can get back to it as quickly as you have! Feel better and congratulations!

So glad to remove your "tbd" and unitalicize you! :thumbup:

I work from home on Fridays myself, and am not supposed to be working today but have my work laptop open "in the event that"...something comes up. I feel fine - better than fine. I actually feel really good today. And I'm excited about the next day and the next day and the next... But, fyi, I did feel lousy and sick and sleepy from Friday evening to Sunday evening. I guess it's a necessary evil, and relatively short-lived all things considered. No regrets. Best of luck to you!

Today I started my pre-op diet. I was doing quite well until after lunch when I got two e-mails from our bosses saying that goodies had been delivered. Brownies and Engstrom's toffee. Ugh. I have stayed away from it, but it isn't easy.

I have my pre-op appointment today. All the final little details will be worked out, I'm sure.

I start my preo-op liquid diet tomorrow! I don't know what to expect but I'm up for the challenge.

Hi I've been on my liquid diet for 7 days now! It's really not as bad

as I thought it would be! It's just a mind thing for me I was like ok

I can only have yogurt Jello Protein Shakes and cottage cheese! I

just had 2 set myself up mentaly for it!!!!

Today I started my pre-op diet. I was doing quite well until after lunch when I got two e-mails from our bosses saying that goodies had been delivered. Brownies and Engstrom's toffee. Ugh. I have stayed away from it, but it isn't easy.

I have my pre-op appointment today. All the final little details will be worked out, I'm sure.

Oh no! That's rough! I hope you stayed strong and thought about your pre-op appointment... and your band. All the holiday parties are going to be a difficult temptation. Tis the season for Desserts (my personal weakness). But you're not going to care about Brownies and toffee AT ALL pretty soon here (okay, maybe small bites :thumbup:) and you're wcertainly not alone. So hang in there!

lalalude, and everyone else: thank you! i can't tell you how much better you all made me feel yesterday; this liquid diet is worse than i thought, but i'm sticking with it of course. my hospital pre-op and dr pre-op are both wednesday....

this forum is just fantastic; thanks again for allaying my fears!

thanks karyn! i feel like a part of the gang now! good to see you are back on the computer so quickly! hope your are feeling well. I work from home on the computer and I am hoping that I can get back to it as quickly as you have! Feel better and congratulations!

I went to work today was a little tired but overall felt pretty darn good. Go in for my one week checkup tomorrow and should be able to start full liquids. But at this point any kind of food turns my stomach.

Terri

I start my liquid diet tomorrow and am already dreading it, let me know if it gets any easier for you so I will have someithing to look forward to! One week from today!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Leah

Hi everyone,

I am to be banded December 3rd also! I think it's funny how we all get banded in bundles, lol. Anyhow, I am self pay and chose to have surgery away from home. I have been trying to find a regular support group in town because I don't get the" full package" having chosen out of the country care. I feel ready and have an awesome support system here. I do get nervous when I hear others talk about pre surgery classes/ special tests though. I don't want to miss out on a vital part. kwim?

I have been looking into wls for about 10 years, and have seriously considered it for the past three. I feel very well informed about the surgery itself, and only a little nervous to go through it. I will be going with a friend who is also getting banded. It's nice to share December with all of you!!

~Mya:biggrin:

I have a friend that is getting banded one month after me..I think it will be good to have each other. Will be banded soon December 11th!

Hey KarynA, you can take my name off the list for now. I am changing dr.s so I dont think I will be getting banded in December.

I start my liquids tomorrow...yikes!! I mean, YAY!!! It's gonna be great. I'm getting so nervous and anxious it's driving me a bit nuts!

My surgery is 12/11/2009! I'm a little nervous but more excited

than nervous! If there is anyone with any advice I'm open 2 all comments!

;0)

I start my liquids tomorrow...yikes!! I mean, YAY!!! It's gonna be great. I'm getting so nervous and anxious it's driving me a bit nuts!

I see you started your ticker ...I have it chosen but dont know how to get it on here..can you help me???

PoppyRed

I get banded tomorrow tuesday the 8th wish me luck will keep you guy's posted..

I'm getting banded this Friday, Dec 11... I had my pre-op visit with my surgeon today and that went well but I'm still nervous / excited... had a bad weekend this past weekend... I wanted to go and get a Ribeye steak and mashed potatoes at Saltgrass restaurant soooo bad ! But i resisted the temptation because in the 10 days so far on pre-op diet.. I have lost 12 lbs and my knees are less sore ! I can't wait to see how much I'll lose once I get banded !

Best wishes to all who get banded tomorrow well today I can't sleep....My mom is still giving me a hard time she is a controller But, that is ok becuz everyone else stands beside me...smooches