Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey, so excited...... I was thinking about ya'll Wed when I was a the office talking with Jill and Mary. I did my physical and barium on Fri and Monday I go back for the up the nose swallow the camera deal. How is DH holding out today, did you have to Ring Dr Horgan or has it tapered out? Thinking about you!

If his pain meds say take every 4 hours he has to be in the kitchen with his spoon in his hand a 3 hours and 55 minutes. He needs to set the alarm and make sure he takes it and does not let it ware off. I found that I would start hurting about a half hour before the next dose and it would take an hour for the current dose to take affect. If it went past the dose time I paid for it.

Hi HappyHome!

Isnt the barium lovely! I thought I was going to throw it up when I was doing it! Yuck! Then after it was all over I went to the gift shop and got a diet coke...bad mistake to put bubbles in bubbles, I did wind up throwing it up in the parking lot :blushing: The nose thing is nasty but it will be over before you know it...whats your surgery date again? We have not had to call for meds because we left the hospital with some super strong stuff. Every time he takes it it knocks him out...he has been getting a LOT of sleep. I just didn't know it would hurt that bad! Now I am second guessing my choice to band???? Getting confused and sometimes I think...what the hell I have gotten this far all by my self (even if it has taken 6 years) then I think I don't have another 6 years to get rid of the rest! My goal is 160 and that's only 56.4 more pounds to go. My problem is that even since I have had steady weight loss since my 300pound days I loose then gain then loose then gain then loose then gain...you get the picture. I just don't want to gain it back AGAIN. Anyway I am rambling! Let me know how you are feeling? Getting excited??

Hi HappyHome!

Isnt the barium lovely! I thought I was going to throw it up when I was doing it! Yuck! Then after it was all over I went to the gift shop and got a diet coke...bad mistake to put bubbles in bubbles, I did wind up throwing it up in the parking lot :thumbup: The nose thing is nasty but it will be over before you know it...whats your surgery date again? We have not had to call for meds because we left the hospital with some super strong stuff. Every time he takes it it knocks him out...he has been getting a LOT of sleep. I just didn't know it would hurt that bad! Now I am second guessing my choice to band???? Getting confused and sometimes I think...what the hell I have gotten this far all by my self (even if it has taken 6 years) then I think I don't have another 6 years to get rid of the rest! My goal is 160 and that's only 56.4 more pounds to go. My problem is that even since I have had steady weight loss since my 300pound days I loose then gain then loose then gain then loose then gain...you get the picture. I just don't want to gain it back AGAIN. Anyway I am rambling! Let me know how you are feeling? Getting excited??

Hey SoExcited!

yes I'm jazzed I can't wait! I actually had a good time at UCSD ha ha yes I am wierd. I have a really good sense of humor and can make people laugh and feel good. So the Nurse that did my physical her name is Mary. I had her laughing so hard. We had a great time LOL.... she told me thank you for making her day and gave me a really great hug. The NP that did the anasthesolgist (sp) screening was a little drab...but nice. the lady that did my EKG was funny. Then in Xray those people were a hoot too. the WORST part was the crystals that ya have to swallow, BLAK! yeah the soda was not a good idea. I did not vomit. I drank a lot of Water and had white poop the next morning. The lady that was in there doing the barium swallow with me she said she is looking forward to seeing me on surgery day to check me out..... hope I am just as entertaining, I should be. I was cracking jokes while doing the 360 on the table to coat my stomach. I had my friend with me ... she is more overweight than I am ... I took her with me intentionally so that maybe it would make her consider... she was so totally impressed with everyone and how it all went. Not to mention she had tears streaming down her face from laughing so hard. NOW SHE WANTS TO DO IT. The fear of the unknown is gone for her. Seeing how great everyone was with me. She is going with me on Monday for the up the nose routine... that should be a hoot!

I hope I get sent home with the meds to avoid the pharmacy run that day. My Date is Nov 4th... Wed. What is the date they gave you? Hey don't bail.... it will be easier for DH if you are both on the same page and you can be a team and be hot together! you can handle a few days of discomfort for the overall end result,(no pain, no gain) and NOT worry about yo-yoing back!!!! Lots of support here, from me and all the others on this board. DON'T BE chicken .... we are WOMEN HEAR US ROAR!!!!!! Take your life back. The future is bright, reach out and GRAB IT! {{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}