Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I got banded on the 7th. :blush:

Not as painful as I expected, I had surgery 4 hours away from home so we rented a hotel room for a couple of days. The day after surgery I drove home, and I am back at work this morning.

I got banded on the 7th. :smile2:

Not as painful as I expected, I had surgery 4 hours away from home so we rented a hotel room for a couple of days. The day after surgery I drove home, and I am back at work this morning.

Thanks for sharing your surgery experience . . . and you're already back at work!!!! Great! Please keep posting on here on we can all keep up with each other . . . the good, the bad, and the great (note, I'm leaving out "the ugly" --just not thinking negative right now!!!) :D

I was banded this morning. My doctor found a surprise, a big hiatal hernia! WOW, I had no idea. All went well so I was able to be released at noon. I am glad since I didn't want to spend the night in the hospital. The only problem that I am having is referred pain to my shoulders from the gas that was put into my abdomen. I am taking a liquid pain med every 4 hours. I also took gas-x to help relieve the gas pain. I am sure I will feel much better tomorrow. :smile2:

Hello everyone...

Well late yesterday my doctor called...

Last Friday I had my barium swallow and they confirmed my hiatel hernia and they also found polyps in my stomach...

I pretty much worried all weekend that my surgery was going to be pushed off...

I called my lap band doc first thing Monday morning... the nurses said that he was looking at my results and would call me later...

I did get a call from him and I got some good and bad news....

The good news is that my surgery date will not be moved... yeah:):thumbup:

The bad news was that I have to get all of the polyps removed before surgery... so, that means next Tuesday the 18th I have the first surgery and then the 26th I have the next surgery.....

However, I actually consider this a blesssing... I would have never have known that I have stomach polyps if I didn't get the barium swallow because of the lap band.....

Everything works out the way it is supposed to I guess....

So, I am calm again...

I know we have a couple folks having surgery today... let's think thin thoughts for them.....

Jennifer

Thanks for sharing your surgery experience . . . and you're already back at work!!!! Great! Please keep posting on here on we can all keep up with each other . . . the good, the bad, and the great (note, I'm leaving out "the ugly" --just not thinking negative right now!!!) :thumbup:

Good luck Barbara today:):) It's your band birthday:):)

Here you go! LAP-BAND®

Congrats on the band!!! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Ok, don't mind me... I am a February bandster.. but how did you get to that area Just-Ice?? I clicked your link and it went to this cool Social Groups area, but when I am on the main page, I don't know how to navigate to it without your link? HELP PLEASE! :thumbup:

I was banded yesterday morning. I came home this morning and unfortunately had a dealyed reaction to the antibiotics so I have to take benadryl for a few days. :thumbup:

I had severe pain in my neck and shoulder which hasn't left me yet. I'm using the Gas X strips and they help a little but it really hurts. I have percocet but am using extra stength tylenol liquid and i'm grinning and bearing it. I have a lot of gurlgling in my stomach and when i drink my Water I get a sharp pain, Not sure if its gas or not cuz I feel like I have to burp immediately and it hurts too.

I'm a little weak and tired on Clear liquids through tomorrow then full liquids for a few days.

Benadryl is kicking in so I'll be signing off soon.

Congrats to all those that got their surgery and for those about to. I wouldn't change a thing even with the uncomfortable feeling.

Claricey

I am getting banded on Thursday, January 14...so i have just one more day of Clear Liquids and I will be an official bandster! I am dreaming of food these days! LOL! i had a taco a few nights ago...and last night it was meatloaf and potatos. I REALLY MUST BE HUNGRY! I have my bag got the hospital together, my job has been notified, i have my food for post op ...Needless to say I am ready to get this show on the road. Congrats to all new Bandsters and good luck to those with upcoming dates.

Hello everyone! I returned back to work this morning, 48 hours after my surgery. I am not light-headed anymore. But now, the pain I'm feeling is like someone beat me up in the stomach. I also have this pain in the neck / shoulder area that I feel whenever I try to lie down. The doctor gave me some pain meds, so it helps ease the pain.

I am still on the Soup diet, but my doctor did not limit me to just clear Soups. I can also take creamy Soups and also smoothies, as long as they don't have big chunks of veggies or meats.

Tomorrow is my first follow-up with my doctor after the surgery, and he will discuss with me my diet for the next few weeks.

Hey, Claricey! I just wanted you to know that I felt alot of the same feelings and sinsations. I tried a heating pad on the lower part of my abdomen, I was scared to put it over the incisions, but I think that it helped out tremindously. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Celia

This is for caymanbandit..... Hi! I noticed that you are scheduled for LAP-BAND® in juarez soon. I had my band done there as well on 12-31-09, so i'm just nine days out. Dr. Rodriguez was the surgeon but he was also accompanied by another dr. With too many names to remember.....i just called him dr. Elmo. It was so much better than i had anticipated. The hospital at star medica was very nice and clean and modern. They sent a driver that picked us up at the airport who was great and took us right to the hospital where i immediately did my pre-testing and then very shortly after that i went to surgery. The anesthesiologist was dr. Leticia something.....she was very sweet and concerned that i knew she would take care of me. Afterwards you are left with the nurses on the floor and not too many speak much english, but i got by. Dr. Elmo was the one who checked on me all the time and did my fluroscopy and showed me where my band was and let me see how the barium swallow went through my pouch and how long it took and all. I was sent home with my x-rays and my band box with the serial number and my doctor notes concerning my surgery. I left on the 2nd of january, with the same driver taking me to the airport. It was a good experience. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't a bit nervous about going to juarez, but i think it's the smartest thing i've ever done. I hope you are as pleased with your experience there as i was.

HI!!!! I'm scheduled for surgery in Juarez on the 22nd!!! Thank you so much for giving me some insight as well. Going on the border is alittle nerve racking but i'm hearing your experience has made me feel much better. Were you in much pain after? What meds were you given? Did you use belite as well?Sorry for all the questions but its good hearing from someone who recently went.

Okay - my big day is tomorrow. Don't know what time yet - won't know that until late this afternoon. I'm excited. I'm nervous. But, I know it's all going to be good. The pre-op diet didn't bother me as much as I had dreaded although I wouldn't want to drink those drinks and eat those Meal Replacement bars as my sole diet the rest of my life.

I'm all packed, I think. I have my "lists" that I am constantly checking and rechecking. I just need to go home tonight, clean up the house a little, and then I'll be set.

I won't have computer access Friday but will post as soon as I can.

Hey, Claricey! I just wanted you to know that I felt alot of the same feelings and sinsations. I tried a heating pad on the lower part of my abdomen, I was scared to put it over the incisions, but I think that it helped out tremindously. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Celia

Thanks Celia. I am going to try the heating pad for sure. Although I have to say that I feel much better today. I was able to get rid of alot of gas and am getting plenty of rest. I'm not pushing getting back into the swing too quick.

Take care,

Claricey

Okay - my big day is tomorrow. Don't know what time yet - won't know that until late this afternoon. I'm excited. I'm nervous. But, I know it's all going to be good. The pre-op diet didn't bother me as much as I had dreaded although I wouldn't want to drink those drinks and eat those Meal Replacement bars as my sole diet the rest of my life.

I'm all packed, I think. I have my "lists" that I am constantly checking and rechecking. I just need to go home tonight, clean up the house a little, and then I'll be set.

I won't have computer access Friday but will post as soon as I can.

Lisa,

I am so excited for you! I know that everything will be okay. I was nervous up until the time I was put to sleep, which I think is totally normal. Good luck and I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Celia