Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I just got insurance approval last week and was told my LAP-BAND® surgery will probably be mid to late January. :rolleyes:

I need to start the diet soon because although I have been going to the gym 3-5 days a week for over a month, the pounds are not coming off. I have actually gained 5 lbs and it's time to get the liver ready, so even though it's not yet required, I plan to do liquids a few days a week until it's required. Has anyone else tried doing this with any luck?

I live in Ontario Canada and last evening I had my first consult with the surgeon. Dr Cobourn is a wonderful man and inspires huge trust and confidence.

I need to know this - did anybody here burst into tears when they met their surgeon? I cannot explain what happened to me - I could not stop the flow of tears - I was not sobbing - but the tears were flowing down my cheeks! I felt like a fool - I hate to even think what the surgeon thought about them!! I am still trying to figure out - was it fear, uncertainity or relief?

Did anyone have such an emotional outburst?

Edited by Anul
Typo/grammer

Hi my name is Kerry and I am having my surgery on 1/7/10. I'm starting my per op liquid diet on New Year's eve. :tongue:

It's going to be tough, but I'm mentally preparing myself. I'm very excited about having the procedure performed and have only told my very closest friends and family. I don't want to be judged by mis-informed people who think that this surgery is an easy way out if you know what I mean. We should definitely keep in touch during this entire life changing process. Take care!:smile:

I can't beleive it's almost January 5, 2010. I made this appointment in September!

2010 is our year is time for us to start living.:smile:

My Insurance has finally approved my surgery. hope to have mine in Janurary. Looking forward to my new life style I also have high blood pressure,diabetic and sleep apenea. I will be glad not worry about those problems anymore.

Edited by cher32440

1.What is your current and goal weight? Current 230/Goal 140 (much below that and I look ill)

2.What is your surgery date? Not scheduled yet. Resubmitting since I've gained weight.

3.What is your age? 32

4.Where do you live? KS

5.Where are you having surgery? Turning Point Bariatrics

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Bernsten

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? Dieting and excercise just result in yo-yoing. I have kids and want to be thin and healthy enough to do all the fun things they want to do and deserve to do.

I just got insurance approval last week and was told my LAP-BAND®® surgery will probably be mid to late January. :smile:

I need to start the diet soon because although I have been going to the gym 3-5 days a week for over a month, the pounds are not coming off. I have actually gained 5 lbs and it's time to get the liver ready, so even though it's not yet required, I plan to do liquids a few days a week until it's required. Has anyone else tried doing this with any luck?

Hey Marilyn, Here's the diet I will be following: Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch. Lean Cuisine style meal for dinner. sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles for a snack. Unlimited raw veggies. No dressing.

My surgery is set for January 15th so I'll start this diet 2 weeks before. It's pretty rough but I'm hoping it will shrink my belly and get me more comfortable with the liquid diet.< /p>

Good luck!

I live in Ontario Canada and last evening I had my first consult with the surgeon. Dr Cobourn is a wonderful man and inspires huge trust and confidence.

I need to know this - did anybody here burst into tears when they met their surgeon? I cannot explain what happened to me - I could not stop the flow of tears - I was not sobbing - but the tears were flowing down my cheeks! I felt like a fool - I hate to even think what the surgeon thought about them!! I am still trying to figure out - was it fear, uncertainity or relief?

Did anyone have such an emotional outburst?

Hey Anul- I didn't have an emotional outburst in public but I had one all on my own when I realized what an awesome decision I had made. I know this is right for me and I couldn't be more excited. I'm 28 and have been heavy my whole life. I feel like I haven't really had a chance to live yet. There are so many things that I haven't doesn't because of my insecurities about my weight.

NEW SURVEY:

Since this is such a huge life change for all of us, tell me... what is the 1st thing you want to do when you reach your goal weight??

I'll start- I'm 28 and have never been on a cruise because I'm terrified to spend that much time in a bathing suit in public. When I hit my goal weight I would LOVE to go on a Mediteranean cruise in a cute bathing suit as my reward for hitting my goal weight.

Now your turn...

Hi everyone!

I just had my psych consult today... found out how nuts I really am! I passed with flying colors! Now, the packet goes off to the insurance company! I am well on my way! Right on target for a January Banding!! YAY!!

Hugs,

Heather

1.What is your current and goal weight? Current 249/Goal 150-170.

2.What is your surgery date? Target Date January 2010

3.What is your age? 33

4.Where do you live? Tampa, FL

5.Where are you having surgery? Memorial Hospital of Tampa

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Wilfred Aguila

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? Small Ischemic stroke in July 09 partly due to high cholesterol. :tongue::smile::wub::):blink::wub::mad:

NEW SURVEY:

Since this is such a huge life change for all of us, tell me... what is the 1st thing you want to do when you reach your goal weight??

GO SHOPPING FOR SOME NICE FASHIONABLE CLOTHES

Goal......? I think I still have mental FAT block and I still can not imagine myself as a thinner person. I guess I want to just be able to do things without having to first stop and think if my weight is going to hinder me. I am looking forward to the little rewards of "hey - I can now do that with ease and before I would have not been able to or would have been afraid to try"

:tongue2:

Update. Spoke with self-pay staff from doctors office and they said that once I fill out the paper work and get approval, the ball could roll really fast and I could get surgery in December. I said I prefer to get it at the end of Jan to get past the holidays and a vacation we are taking after Christmas. So I am sticking with my January Buddies:smile2:

This might sound silly, but the first thing I want to do once I reach my goal weight is cut my hair short. I know that might sound dumb, but I realized I keep my hair long to hide my face and to take attention away from my face. I would love to have a cute little bob at my shoulders! :tongue2:

Hi--I just registered and found this thread! I have my surgery Jan 7--Dr. Ortiz in Mexico will be my surgeon and I'm self-pay. I've been thinking about this for at least a year, found out my insurance wouldn't cover it, and began researching less expensive places. I'm so excited to find this group--I have lots of questions and know I'll find answers here. Here's to all of us January bandsters! Jill