Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Feel Bigger Then You Really Are??

Wow that is awesome. Please tell me what all you did to get there. What diet plans you used and what exercise you did to loose so great. Please

Don't know if this will help, but a few weeks ago I went to get new pants at Lane Bryant. I was banded 8/3/09. Anyway, I go in there and I'm looking... I keep trying on pants, but nothing is fitting. Finally the mgr comes over and really helps me. I kept trying on pants that were way too big(according to her) finally she just says to me-"you need to accept that you are a smaller than you think you are-be happy about that". I was bowled over-something so simple and from a complete stranger--it was the weirdest feeling. I did buy 3 pairs of pants that day (2 sizes smaller that I thought I needed). What was so weird about it that MY perception of me was way off-I couldn't be objective and see that-as soon as she made that comment, I just "surrendered" and frickin accepted that I am smaller-I mean, this is why I got banded in the first place(I mean to be healthy and smaller). Total body dismorphic image.

I feel amazing in myself but i have a real problem with comparisons to other people. I went from a 20 to an 8 in a year, when i say to my friends that someone we see looks great and they reply with 'Carrie your thinner than they are' i honestly cannot see that. I still think that i am bigger than a thin person yet i am a thin person now. Im not sure if at this stage that will ever change!

I can see my weight loss in my face I can see it in my shoulders but I don't see it in my thighs and butt. I still feel like they are the same size as before even though I've lost 76 lbs now and I've gone from a size 26/28 in shirts to a 14/16 and 26/28 in pants to a size 22.

I struggle every day with my body issues. I have been overweight every since I was 9 years old. It will be nice when I reach my goal weight and for the first time ever not be considered "over weight". Hopefully then I will be able to see my weight loss.

Just until recently I had issues with feeling bigger than I am. I would buy smaller clothes but would not see a smaller person in pictures. Somedays I wouldnt see it in the mirror. What helped me? I took pictures of myself, then printed old and new ones and lay them down side by side. Wow! Is that really me? Since then I have felt so much better. One other thing that has helped is having my body fat checked. I am happy to report that I am a healthy 25% BF. Slowly you will "see" it, each person just needs their own "Wow" moment!

Hope this helps,

Deanna

ooohh about 3 yrs ago i went on a diet lost 60 pounds and well i was thin! only looking back at old pictures im like holy shit im bones what was my problem..why didnt i take advanatge.why was i still so afraid for anyone to touch me. I workedso hard ot get there and then i got there and it wasnt enouph.. im sure you all know how that story ends.. i gained it all back and then some.

so then i decided to get the lapband. and here i am 50 pounds down another "real" 50 to go.. and im beggin myself to see a change, im begging myself to behappy and realize im going to get back to thatfabulosu thin and i wont be starving and ill fit into clothes again. but most of al li pray that when i get back there..i stop and thank my lucky stars that i had.. and no matter what mybody looks like its perfect!

oohh and then!!! ill be taking advantage! :blushing:

Honestly, I do feel bigger than I am. I am told that I look normal but my mind just wont believe it. Most times I still feel fat but "normal fat" not hugely obese (like I used to be).

I'm sure this is an issue for me because, previously, I had always been overweight. Sometimes your mind can have a tough time catching up to your body. However, I certainly feel sexier than EVER. The mind is a weird place, isn't it.