Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am I doing wrong?

Ok, a little background info. I had a 10cc band inserted at the end of July. The dr. put Fluid in it the day it was inserted and I had complications. He had to remove all of the fluid. He put in 2 cc's at the end of August. I had trouble getting "healthy foods" down like grilled chicken and veggies but the crappy foods (greasy foods) went down easy. So my surgeon added more fluid. He then had me drink some Water and I threw it up so he backed some of the fluid out. I am not sure how much is in there right now but since yesterday (when he put the fluid in) all I have done is puke anything I eat (which isn't much) and even drinking the Protein Shakes is kinda painful. I get horrible belching that lasts for at least half an hour after i eat or drink anything and i seem to gag up a whole lot of thick mucus stuff. What am i doing wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I had trouble getting "healthy foods" down like grilled chicken and veggies but the crappy foods (greasy foods) went down easy. So my surgeon added more Fluid.

I wondering if your doctor is an experienced band doctor. I don't know why he would have added more fill when you were having trouble with healthy solid foods you need to be eating in the first place.

He then had me drink some Water and I threw it up so he backed some of the Fluid out. I am not sure how much is in there right now but since yesterday (when he put the fluid in) all I have done is puke anything I eat (which isn't much) and even drinking the Protein shakes is kinda painful. I get horrible belching that lasts for at least half an hour after i eat or drink anything and i seem to gag up a whole lot of thick mucus stuff.

Don't try to eat anymore food for a couple of days to let your stomach settle down. You may be experiencing some swelling, and it sounded to me like you were tight to begin with. If you can't get liquids down, call your doctor this weekend! Try to drink slow, but get those liquids down so you don't get dehydrated. If by Monday, you can't add back some mushy foods to your diet, call your doctor then. Don't try solid foods until you can get mushies down successfully.

Neesh is correct. Don't continue to pb and slime because that puts you at risk for a band slip.

after fill its clear liquids 3 days then soft 3 more then food

Not all doctors require this.

It sounds like you're a bit too tight. If you can't get liquids down, you need to be seen by your doctor as soon as possible. Otherwise, you run the risk of becoming dehydrated.

If you can keep liquids down, you could wait until after the weekend. Stick with liquids only and then try soft foods and see if things go better. If not, then back to the doctor.

Someone else posted wondering why your doc would add more if you were already having trouble getting some foods down - I wonder the same thing.

Crappy foods will always go down easily.You can never be filled enough to stop that - that is something you have to deal with yourself by making good food choices.Sounds as though you need fill taken out so that you can get the healthy stuff that you should be eating down.

Remember the band is only a tool - it doesn't do all the work- it is still up to us to make sure that we eat correctly.

Ok, a little background info. I had a 10cc band inserted at the end of July. The dr. put Fluid in it the day it was inserted and I had complications. He had to remove all of the fluid. He put in 2 cc's at the end of August. I had trouble getting "healthy foods" down like grilled chicken and veggies but the crappy foods (greasy foods) went down easy. So my surgeon added more fluid. He then had me drink some Water and I threw it up so he backed some of the fluid out. I am not sure how much is in there right now but since yesterday (when he put the fluid in) all I have done is puke anything I eat (which isn't much) and even drinking the Protein Shakes is kinda painful. I get horrible belching that lasts for at least half an hour after i eat or drink anything and i seem to gag up a whole lot of thick mucus stuff. What am i doing wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You definitely need to stay on liquids only a couple of days. Then try eating soft foods and if they do not go down easily go back for a slight unfill.

my dr has stgrict rules clear liquids 2 days clear,like apple juice ,exc.then mushies 3 then food.and i never puke or have a problem when i used to eat right after a fill i had same problems i would puke be sick the whole month.now i understand why he told me these rules,

I think that you have too much Fluid in. if liquid is getting stuck then you need to go back and get some taken out. take the fills very slow. your like me i only need a tiny bit at a time. i have 3 ccs in a 10cc band and i was banded 5 months ago. and imfine. and make sure you chew chew chew.. also dont have dry dry food. if you have grilled chicken dip it in some fat free dressing or something to moisten it which may help it go down a lot better. GOOD LUCK! i hope this helps