Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't stop eating chocolate and am frightened

I just wanted some advice - - it's scary but despite my best intentions and even reminding myself how good i feel after exercise or when I have seen a weight loss I can't stop snacking and chocolate being so close at hand at work that seems to be what I grab while I'm sitting at my desk.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and got any suggestions?

I have lost a fair bit of weight but feel like I'm really going backward and need help to get back on track. I don't really know what to eat and am flailing - - any advice would be much appreciated!

Why is chocolate so close at hand at work? Do you buy it and store it in your desk? Since chocolate is a NO-No, you will have to find ways to stay away from it. Take a little "ditty bag" with you to work that has some proper foods in it.

sugar free fudgesicle 40 calories

their yummy and it helps with my choc craving

also with the weather change I am drinking sf hot choc

and I do one EAS choc shake a day for the added protein

of course there is sf choc puddings too

I hope this helps

Samanatha :-)

I am interested in finding out where this chocolate is, and who is providing it. If you keep it out on your desk for "other people" to stop by and have a piece, move it somewhere else across the room. Or, put some breath mints next to it and reach for those when you get a craving. chocolate after breath mints is gross. If someone else is putting the chocolate out, maybe you could ask them to move it somewhere out of sight. Or at least get them to admonish you for mooching all their chocolate! :scared2:

Good luck, and be sure to try some of those chocolate suggestions from the previous poster if you need to satisfy your craving. I can personally vouch for the effectiveness of a good cup of SF cocoa.

chocolate is my downfall also. Because of this I use chocolate Protein Powder, slimfast, sf hot chocolate, love them 40 cal fudgepops. To pump me up some, I add a pinch of freeze dried coffee & some vanilla extrac.

Thank you all for your advice! The chocolate is brought in by one of the other women in my team and she puts it by my team - - thus far I haven't told people about the band but think I will tell her about it and ask her to move the dreaded chocolate box and having someone at work know that i'm trying to lose weight will be an additional reminder to me (even if they never say anything) not to eat bad foods.

I like the idea of having mints or healthier foods close by as an alternative to chocolate. Maybe yoghurt, a boiled egg or fruit would be good?

I feel the same way, sweets are my down fall and have prevented me from dropping any serious weight. Any suggestions anyone might have would be great.

thanks

Kitten

I FEEL you! I keep a small amount of dark chocolate m&ms around for when I MUST have some, but keep it to 3-4. I get my chocolate through the Dark Chocolate Protein drink, and my chocolate Viactive chews (calcitrate made me PB, so back to the chews went I)...so I do get some chocolate daily. I also keep sf choc pudding around. Fudgsicles never did it for me, even when I was a kid.

Good luck!

I FEEL you! I keep a small amount of dark chocolate m&ms around for when I MUST have some, but keep it to 3-4. I get my chocolate through the Dark Chocolate Protein drink, and my chocolate Viactive chews (calcitrate made me PB, so back to the chews went I)...so I do get some chocolate daily. I also keep sf choc pudding around. Fudgsicles never did it for me, even when I was a kid.

Good luck!

Who makes the dark chocolate Protein Drink?Sounds good. I am a newbie and have only bought hot chocolate at my surgeon's office.

Thanks a lot. Sounds good.