Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JEANS WITH POCKETS!!! WoooHooooo!

Although I've yet to meet my first goal, I am so happy about something that I just had to share it with you!

For the first time in about 7 years I FIT INTO A PAIR OF JEANS!!! Not the stretchy kind with the elastic waist, but real jeans! WITH A ZIPPER AND POCKETS! This may not seem like a big deal, but I hated the stretch 'denim leggings' i've been squeezing into for years.

When my friend and I go to rock concerts, I have to give her my phone and money to carry in HER pockets, because I have none and dont want to take my purse in. Hated that! :eek: ...not to mention I felt like a total dork. How uncool are stretchy denim leggings on a 250 pound woman, right??? :thumbup:

At my biggest, I was in a 26-28 stretch pant and yes, I was stretching them out! :sad: Now that I've lost 63 pounds I got brave and ordered some jeans from Roamans a few weeks ago in a size 24 (I still have the body image that I'm still 266 pounds!) and they were huge! I had to send them back. When I went to reorder, all they had left was a size 18! Booooooo! I wanted to order a 22, but....

Well, I ordered them anyway, telling myself that I would fit into them at some point in the future... I really liked the style and fit. PLUS they were on clearance.

Anyway, I tried them on last night, just to see how close they were to fitting me, AND THEY FIT! THEY ACTUALLY FIT!!! :biggrin::biggrin::yikes:

I cried so hard! My daughter didnt understand why I was crying... I couldnt explain it. I thought I'd never fit into a regular pair of jeans again.

Yes, I know they do make jeans in larger sizes, but I never liked the way they looked. My thighs are huge so they would always be too baggy on the bottom (I'm not a fan of wide legged pants). Or they would be too low in the waist... or create muffin-top... or bag out in the back... or have hangy crotch. I finally gave up trying to buy jeans. Although I've lost some weight, I just didnt feel good in the many i've tried on and always left the store depressed and dejected.. WHICH in turn made me wonder why I was wasting my time trying so hard to lose weight when I would never be able to look the way I wanted. I know... I know... self sabotage.

I was always hoping that SOME DAY I would be able to wear some jeans and feel good in them. :lol: THAT DAY IS TODAY! I'm so happy! :wink5:

Edited by StrangeDz

Congratulations! I can relate exactly to your story. I also refused to wear jeans because the only jeans I could fit into were the stretchy kind with the elastic waistband. One day while I was out shopping with my husband, I picked up a pair of jeans, I didn't try them on, I just bought them, assuming if I didn't fit into them now, I would eventually fit into them. Well I got home put on the size 18 jeans, and viola! They fit! Jeans with pockets a zipper, and button! So, yes I can relate to your story 100%

Also, I noticed we were just about the same weight when we began our journey, and have lost about the same weight so far.

Good luck in your journey!:thumbup:

I dont think it matters how much weight one has lost or how fat one was, everyone here can understand why that means so much to you.

Well done!

You go girl!!! Good for you!!!!! Keep up the good work and before long those aren't gonna fit!!!!!! :thumbup:

YEAH! Awesome job! I can see where that would be a big deal!

WOW......the difference from your "before" and "current" picture is amazing! You look years younger!

Keep up the good work!

CONGRATS!!! I so know the feeling!! Jeans are my new Bff now! lol! Good luck on you journey, you are doing awesome!

:) Just wanted to say congratulations to you and keep up the good work. I had the same experience just the other day. :eek:

Edited by Zoom-Zoom

It sounds pretty exciting to me! I'm still in the stretch jeans (banded Aug 31) but I'm looking forward to more "normal" clothes too! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! Keep it up :blushing:

Way to go!!!! What a great feeling!!!!

Congrats on your success, I am just starting this journey as I had my Lapband on 10/30/09. Jeans with zipper and no stretch is a real goal. Halleluia. :tongue_smilie: