Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My "Full Signal"

I get hiccups, but I don't feel full. Sometimes I think I get hiccups when I'm supposed to be getting full but I'm not sure. I haven't reached my sweet spot just yet.

I just recently figured out that when I get the hiccups that means it is time to quit eating....no matter how little I have ate. It never fails if I try to keep eating past that I feel awful! I think it is bc I was so used to packing myself that I didnt know what being satisfied felt like, so now I let my body (or band) tell me when it is time to stop! Best of luck!

My 'warning' signal is that my nose starts to run. When I was first banded and didn't realize that this was a possible signal, I kept thinking I must be getting a cold or have something 'wrong' with me. After a while it clicked in. The first sensation of my nose running means 'stop or else you'll be sorry'.

I get hiccups, but I don't feel full. Sometimes I think I get hiccups when I'm supposed to be getting full but I'm not sure. I haven't reached my sweet spot just yet.

Me too! I do stop when I get them. The borborygmi (gas bubbles) can occur when there is undigested food in the intestines. I have been paying a lot of attention to this since I sorta sound like a garbage truck! :thumbup: So... If I really pay attention and chew chew chew... it's not as bad. Maybe try that and see if that helps. :sad:)

I think my full signal is hiccups! Anyone else have this one? And.. the gurgling has been really obnoxious lately!

Ditto. And the gurgling can sometimes go on for ages after I've stopped eating...

Actually I saw my doctor this week and she said that hiccups and gurgling are signs of being to restricted. When im full I burp like crazy! Weirdest things!!

I burp...or get hiccups...and I gurgle too - ah, the sound of your food passing through your band! LOL :o I make people laugh when they hear it...mine sounds like something is in pain! ha ha

I am in the same boat except that I get 1 very loud, obnoxious hic-up. I know it is time to stop eating at that point.

I get the hick ups too, and realized that means I should have stopped eating a bite or two before! I used to get the one big what I call a 'hick burp' when I was pregnant! I get it now with my band too. My DH laughs and threatenes to throw a lilly pad my way! I also will get a pain in my left shoulder/neck, which seems weird, but I've read about it here before.

I normally get a short bout within 5 minutes of finishing my food.< /p>

I dont have a Warning BEFORE I am full I have it all AFTER I am too full. But I have had hiccups since before I was born. I was actualy worried about getting hiccups with the band because I thought it would make the band slip lol NOPE shoot sometimes I think it helps my food to pass thru better lol

Any Idea on how to stop/ avoid or control the gurgles? My daughter laughs at me all the time! Embarrassing when eating out with adults though...

My 'warning' signal is that my nose starts to run. When I was first banded and didn't realize that this was a possible signal, I kept thinking I must be getting a cold or have something 'wrong' with me. After a while it clicked in. The first sensation of my nose running means 'stop or else you'll be sorry'.

Happens to me too.. I always thought it was my allergies but then noticed it only happened I eat a little too much. Now I stopped. I also get the gurgling sounds after I eat. Just had a little defill so we'll see if the gurgles stop.

Yup. Hiccups, gurgling and burping. Sometimes I start to slime too. The gurgling has gotten obnoxious the past few months. I feel sorry for my secretary. It seems to be the worst at lunch time.