Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to block e-mail/comments from a member

I recieved what I felt was a very sarcastic and unsupportive response from a member on this site. I feel I fight enough of that with the insurance company and Dr. offices...I sure don't need it from a "support" site. I really do not care to deal with comments from that individual again. Hope there is something I can do.

Thanks

I think if you go to that person's profile, you can click a button that says Remove from Buddy list. I'm not really sure what that does, but I think it might block all of that person's posts from showing up on your screen when you log on? Worth a try. Sorry. Don't go away altogether. It will really be alright.

Do not let one person scare you off...

You have every right to be here and get the support you need. If this continues, contact one of the moderators and they will handle it. This member is in violation of the rules she agreed to when she or he signed up for this site. Let the moderators handle it, If it were me, I'd forward her email to a moderator and let them see for themselves the content of the email, if it is harrassment then they will be reprimanded appropriately.

In User CP on the left bar - toward the bottom, there is a Buddy/Ignore link.

Click on that and enter the individual's name. Again, not sure exactly what that will do - but ignore sounds like what you would like to do to this person.

:]

You can also report a "problem" post by clicking on the red warning button at the top right of every post. It sends a message to, ultimately, a moderator and has a form to report an "offense" or problem with a post.

I think I know the post Sandy3 is referring to. She has every right to feel the way she does but I suspect the "offender" came off a bit more harsh than she intended and didn't really make her point...you know how things written and things said come out differently. I can't speak for others, just my impression. But Sandy was hurt and has a legitimate request to "not deal with comments from that individual again" which beats the heck out of leaving the site altogether. Anyhow, I hope it gets worked out. If not, an ignore button is handy if it works like I think it does. Good luck Sandy!

Thank you all so much. Kathy, you have a good point. I was thinking about the fact that when we type something the other person cannot read our body language. I read this person's profile and saw that she has a lot of pain. Because of the content of her profile I do plan on visiting the post-op site, which I have not done for awhile (I have been lurking on these sites for over a year). Additionally, I know I was rambling because I was feeling so confused and overwhelmed. People on this site are feeling the pain at the core of their being. We don't just wake up one sunny morning and say," well I think I'll have WLS." It was the hardest decision of my life to realize that, for whatever reason, I was in a horrible cycle with my weight. I would get all excited, start a new diet, lose weight, feel good, know I would never/ever be that fat again only to regain that weight and another 10-20#'s. This has been my cycle since I first stepped on the "diet doctor's" scale in the '50's when I was 8 years old. Did you ever see the commercial of a woman riding a roller coaster and at first having a lot of fun and thrills. Then when it was time for the ride to stop, she had a look of relief on her face because she was glad she was going to get off the ride. But instead of stopping, the ride started again and she could not get off. She had a look of pure terror on her face. It was a commercial about addictions. About the horrible roller coaster ride we all are on. The thrill of victory and the pure terror of defeat. I finally realized that surgery will be the only tool that can help me get off the roller coaster (and that may or may not work either as we all know many have had very serious complications with the surgery). Only in order to get the surgery, we have to stay on the ride until someone else says we can get off. I thank God every day for my therapist. He is helping me through this. And this support site is the only place I can ramble and feel like someone understands. I am feeling very vulnerable right now and when that person came across as being sarcastic, it felt like the roller coaster ride had slowed down long enough for her to give me a slap in the face. Actually, I probably needed that. I am likely in my "victim-stance" right now and overly sensitive. I need to remember that others are dealing with their own deep pain and fear. It isn't only about me.

It feels so good to have a place to vent and share. I might explode with all these feeliings if it were not for all the support and information on this site. Thank you all again. I am off to church right now. They have a speaker who has all the answers to all the difficult questions people have about why God allows bad things to happen. I hope to be much more Enlightened by the end of that session!

Don't worry, I won't leave the site. You guys will probably be gettiing an ear full (or eye full) for quite a while.

Thanks again

Sandy

Gee, if I just had a dollar for every pound I've lost over the years, and two dollars for every pound I gained back, that would equal $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

And this support site is the only place I can ramble and feel like someone understands. I am feeling very vulnerable right now and when that person came across as being sarcastic, it felt like the roller coaster ride had slowed down long enough for her to give me a slap in the face. Actually, I probably needed that. I am likely in my "victim-stance" right now and overly sensitive. I need to remember that others are dealing with their own deep pain and fear. It isn't only about me.

Whoa. That was great.

I hope you will give her another chance, unless, of course, she really was being a "Biddy" about it, but I doubt it. She's really a great gal, I promise. :)