Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100LBS Down ? Major Milestone

WOOOOOO HOOOO. CONGRATS that is beyond awesome :( i just got banded last week and will have a fill in 3 more weeks... what i am sooooo terrifed about is.... is there alot of loose skin? i saw your before and after photos and they are awesome so I couldn't imagine if you did have any. That is just something I am very curious about.

I am so excited to post my happy and successfull results as you did yourself!!! This journey, although I know its hard is going to be so exciting:)

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Joujoulei

It seems your little car has gone a lot of miles and thats a good thing. I've had one fill with (I don't think any restriction yet) But I"ve noticed at times, when I start to eat I push my plate back because I feel as if I no longer want what's in front of me after a few bites. But its not beacuse I feel full. Is that how it is suppose to be, and I cant tell the difference?

I have pretty good restriction (possibly a little too good), and have from the start. I don’t feel full like I did pre-band, but I definitely feel something that tells me when to stop. Sometimes it is pain in my chest (about ½ way between my Adams apple and my sternum), sometimes it is hiccups, sometimes it is like I can’t physically swallow another bite (so I spit it out), usually it is an urge to have a deep sigh (kinda odd, but I don’t know how else to describe it), occasionally I go one bite too far and I PB. About 20% of the time I feel like I could eat more, but I choose to stop because I am satisfied (not full, but satisfied).

The trick that I haven’t yet mastered is to put the right amount of food on my plate rather than letting my hunger load the plate up. I know I can only eat just so much, yet when I am really hungry I overload the plate and that is when I push it too far. I find I do better when I take a small portion, then if I want a bit more, I can go back for another tiny portion.

WOOOOOO HOOOO. CONGRATS that is beyond awesome :( i just got banded last week and will have a fill in 3 more weeks... what i am sooooo terrifed about is.... is there alot of loose skin? i saw your before and after photos and they are awesome so I couldn't imagine if you did have any. That is just something I am very curious about.

I am so excited to post my happy and successfull results as you did yourself!!! This journey, although I know its hard is going to be so exciting:)

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Joujoulei

I carried the majority of my excess weight in my belly and chest, and some in my face and arms. I have no loose skin in my arms, legs or face. My belly is a work in progress (clothes are great for that). While there is some flab on my belly, it is really doing far better than I expected considering I dropped 100lbs. From a clothes perspective, my waist has gone from a size 44 down to a 32-34. In raw inches, it has gone from 48.5 inches to 33 inches. My biggest worry wasn’t in the belly, but my chest. I had an embarrassing case of “man boobs”. I am very happy to report that my chest looks pretty good right now. Not the pecs of a body builder – but pretty good if I say so myself.

I expect that some of that remaining belly flab is fat, I am about 18% Body Fat right now and trying to get down to 15%. Once I get to 15%, and have about 6 months to a year of working out behind me – I’m sure it will look even better than now.

Wow. Congrats to you. :blink::) :) I am hoping I will be able to make the same kind of announcement in the next 2 months!!!

I agree with you on exercise. I did not exercise (barley left my chair due to surgical complications) for the first 3 months, and that's when I lose the most weight the fastest. I really regret that I was not able/willing to move a bit more. But... what's done is done. i just need to get my rear in gear every day now. :)

OK, KartMan. Uou've inspired me to get moving. I went out and got a new pair of walking shoes. Yesterday I did 2 miles, and today I did 3. That might not sound like much, but for me its a great start.

That is fantastic Kartman! You’ve done so great! What an inspiration. J Well, here’s hoping for your final goal of 15%, which since you’re doing so great, it really won’t be much longer.

Hang tough trooper!

Congratulations. I had my surgery on august 11, and i am down from 286 to 234 already. i have been trying to walk as much as possible but i have back problems ,and i have trouble some days i hope with more weight loss i my back will ease off. your story is inspiring. we started at about the same weight. hope i do as well. Had a bad day today and came here looking for som inspiration. thanks..

That is fantastic Buckcreek! It sounds as if we not only had similar starting weights but a similar trajectory as well. The only thing I would caution on is watch out that the weight loss is fat and not muscle. For me, weight training and Protein were the key to keeping the lean and losing the fat.

Congrats, Kartman...I am sure you feel sooooooooo much better and are much more active than you were a year ago. Way to go!!!!!!!