Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

Short hair suits you really well. I love it!

Thanks, Laura! I was nervous about posting pics but did it before I could talk myself out of it! LOL!

No, potassium can cause cause cramps too. In fact all the electrolytes can cause cramps (whether the levels be too high or too low).

Oh good, I wasn't crazy! Always good to note. LOL!

Looks great!

Thanks, Plain.

How's the job stuff going? Well, I hope!

~~~~~

The ponytail that we cut off and I'm sending to Locks of Love is 14.5 inches long! That wasn't ALL of it b/c he left a couple of inches to be able to work with it as he cut and shaped it! I had A LOT of hair! :tongue_smilie:

My head and neck, literally lifted and he finished cutting the ponytail off! I could feel the weight lifted off! I was shocked.

I am absolutely loving this!

Still feel horrid and am exhausted. I'm going to finish my tea and go to bed early.

Have a great night!

Morning All

Heart - love the 'do!! Hope you are feeling better!

Plain - I think I'll go with shin splints as the term....and thankfully, it was the one night only.

Still waiting for pics of Tug.

Kat - still in TX?

G4E - How are you doing?

Ebony...looked at the hallowe'en pics - you and family looked great!

Crzy - How are you doing? Any fallout from your surprise visitor while you were eating ice-cream?

As for me - more of the same. Although many places have today as a holiday, my organization does not...so off to the Y and then work. Take care everyone...

Morning everyone and Blessings on you!

I didn't post yesterday cause I just plumb was wiped out from everything and the rain didn't help. But I am better today. I pray y'all are doing well.

Heart, you wasn't kidding about short! LOL it looks good though. I had my daughter give me a straight cut a couple of weeks ago. I want to go ahead and cut mine really short before to much falls out from chemo. Right now it is at my shoulders.

Yes Kat is still in Texas as far as I know. I think she was staying a week there.

Have a good day everyone!

PJTP...Sneaking in a post in a very busy work day! :tongue_smilie:

I LOVE IT!!!

Here's some pics.

Oh how cute! You DO look great with short hair - it brings the focus to your face and your eyes...gosh, you had a LOT of hair!

Short hair suits you really well. I love it!

I second what Crzytchr said!

Morning All

Heart - love the 'do!! Hope you are feeling better!

I third what Tap said!

Plain - I think I'll go with shin splints as the term....and thankfully, it was the one night only.

Eww...do NOT like shin splints...

Still waiting for pics of Tug.

Yah - where's the puppy?

Kat - still in TX?

Yah, Kat - how's TX?

G4E - How are you doing?

Yah, G4E - doing okay?

Ebony...looked at the hallowe'en pics - you and family looked great!

Thanks so much! That costume was a stretch for me - haven't worn anything that close-fitting since 6th grade! :unsure:

Crzy - How are you doing? Any fallout from your surprise visitor while you were eating ice-cream?

Surprise visitors...don't like them! Our BB (Big Boss) tends to just "drop in" at random times...

As for me - more of the same. Although many places have today as a holiday, my organization does not...so off to the Y and then work. Take care everyone...

At work as well, no holiday here...YUK!

Morning everyone and Blessings on you!

I didn't post yesterday cause I just plumb was wiped out from everything and the rain didn't help. But I am better today. I pray y'all are doing well.

Glad to hear you are doing better, G4E!

Heart, you wasn't kidding about short! LOL it looks good though. I had my daughter give me a straight cut a couple of weeks ago. I want to go ahead and cut mine really short before to much falls out from chemo. Right now it is at my shoulders.

Heart's cut is so cute...she's so brave...I didn't cut mine that short until I decided to stop relaxing and go "natural"...mine was a TWA (teeny weeny afro) for about 4 months! :lol:

Yes Kat is still in Texas as far as I know. I think she was staying a week there.

Have a good day everyone!

Happy to be back on PJTP...work is a bit crazy (deadlines for applicants) plus stuff at home is a bit harrowing because of DH's new responsibilities as a school board member. Long meetings - had the swearing-in yesterday, but he's already getting info packets and studying up.

He's loving it...me, I'm not so sure yet...I'll reserve judgment.

I may be buying a motorcycle this weekend...DH was out window shopping today and found one he wants me to see...we'll go check it out on Saturday. He's had his license for years and years - I just got mine about a year ago, but since I don't own a bike, not much time to ride. He feels very strongly that I need my own bike - and I agree - but it wasn't a priority. Now is the time to buy, though...people don't want to store them another winter, so prices are dropping rapidly.

I'll post pics if I decide to buy one...we'll see! :smile:

Hopefully I'll BBL...depends on work! :lol:

Nah, no fallout. I am sorry you had to work, so did I. I taught about Veteran's Day to my students today and why it is celebrated. It is sad how many of them had no idea what it was about. :biggrin:

I may be buying a motorcycle this weekend...DH was out window shopping today and found one he wants me to see...we'll go check it out on Saturday.

Aw man....I'm jealous!

PJTP...again!

Aw man....I'm jealous!

Okay, just to make it worse, Plain, here's a shot of my potential purchase (yeah, I know, I'm bad) :biggrin:

2091D0788.jpg

Going with DH to check it out on Saturday morning. It's an '86 Kawasaki Vulcan. They are reporting it has less than 3,000 miles on it, and the asking price is just under $2,500. If the mileage is true, I'll probably be putting a deposit on it on Saturday and picking it up the next weekend (gotta transfer funds around, and because of my work schedule). DH may go get it early...he'll probably ride it too while his Harley is down for repairs.

I'm excited and can't wait! It'll be a great first bike for me, and then I'll be chomping at the bit for spring so I can ride more!

BBL - work calls! :(

Sheesh! Where the heck is everyone?!

Thanks for the hair compliments. I'm loving it! Washed it this AM for the first time and got out of the shower, towel dried it, ran my fingers thru it and was done and it was nearly dry! So fast!

Still feeling like crap tho. I just want to get better already! I hate bronchitis. It can linger for weeks with me. :)

Was feeling okay this AM and we went to our church for the ladies had their holiday lunch, boutique, cookie walk thing. Good as always. We were there a couple of hours and I was whooped! Ready for bed again!

We need to figure out what the heck we're doing for dinner tonight. I have no clue and really could care less. Poor DH is tired of trying to figure it out! Gee! Now he knows how I feel when he says he doesn't know or doesn't care! HA!!!

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!

But I am better today.

I had my daughter give me a straight cut a couple of weeks ago. I want to go ahead and cut mine really short before to much falls out from chemo. .

[/color]

Hi G4E...hope you are doing ok...fight the good fight!

Happy to be back on PJTP...work is a bit crazy (deadlines for applicants) plus stuff at home is a bit harrowing because of DH's new responsibilities as a school board member. Long meetings - had the swearing-in yesterday, but he's already getting info packets and studying up.

He's loving it...me, I'm not so sure yet...I'll reserve judgment.

I may be buying a motorcycle this weekend...DH was out window shopping today and found one he wants me to see...

HI Ebony! Motorcycles and me are not a good match; hope you find just the perfect one for you. Glad DH is enjoying his new responsibilities, but with all that's going on in your lives, when do you too ever have 'down time' just for you??

I taught about Veteran's Day to my students today and why it is celebrated. It is sad how many of them had no idea what it was about. :laugh:

That is so sad....really.As someone whose grandfather fought in 2 world wars (and survived physically and mentally sound), and whose parents were in the WWII effort, I cannot understand how people cannot know of the huge costs and impacts of war. It is only by learning from the past that we avoid the same horrific mistakes...

Okay, just to make it worse, Plain, here's a shot of my potential purchase (yeah, I know, I'm bad) :thumbup:

2091D0788.jpg

I'm excited and can't wait! It'll be a great first bike for me, and then I'll be chomping at the bit for spring so I can ride more!

Looks pretty, I guess.

Thanks for the hair compliments. I'm loving it! Washed it this AM for the first time and got out of the shower, towel dried it, ran my fingers thru it and was done and it was nearly dry! So fast!

Still feeling like crap tho. I just want to get better already! I hate bronchitis. It can linger for weeks with me. :cool2:

Short hair is soooo much easier and time-friendly! Hope your bronchitis starts to ease.

As for me, Christmas lights are up outside (better to do it now before the snow is hip deep) but not turned on; having my brother and his boys for dinner tonight - I'm thinking roast beast and all the fixin's with chocolate cake and lemon meringue pie for dessert. Gotta go to a craft store and get some supplies for a door decorating contest at work and really should do a costco run - but I think I will let that pass. Had an interview and offer for another job - about 1500 miles from here; job wouldn't start until the spring, but am giving it some consideration. Because it won't start until April, I have until Feb to decide....

Hope everyone is doing well. Now, off to make pastry shell for

the pie, and have another coffee. Have a great weekend all.

That is so sad....really.As someone whose grandfather fought in 2 world wars (and survived physically and mentally sound), and whose parents were in the WWII effort, I cannot understand how people cannot know of the huge costs and impacts of war. It is only by learning from the past that we avoid the same horrific mistakes...

Totally agree with you. Also, it's b/c of the sacrifice of many that we even have the freedoms that we do today.

Short hair is soooo much easier and time-friendly!

Again, I agree with you! I am so loving the freedom of this cut!!

Hope your bronchitis starts to ease.

Thanks, me too!

As for me, Christmas lights are up outside (better to do it now before the snow is hip deep) but not turned on;

MUCH better to do the lights now! DH needs to start thinking about it b/c I start turning them on right after T-day!

having my brother and his boys for dinner tonight - I'm thinking roast beast and all the fixin's with chocolate cake and lemon meringue pie for dessert.

Hope you have a nice visit. Dinner sounds good!

Gotta go to a craft store and get some supplies for a door decorating contest at work and really should do a costco run - but I think I will let that pass.

Door decorating sounds like fun! Costco can always wait! Not going anywhere. Only problem is that my list gets longer! :thumbup:

Had an interview and offer for another job - about 1500 miles from here; job wouldn't start until the spring, but am giving it some consideration. Because it won't start until April, I have until Feb to decide....

Congratulations! What does DH think? Is this the one you were talking about a month or so ago? Best wishes on deciding.

Hope everyone is doing well. Now, off to make pastry shell for

the pie, and have another coffee. Have a great weekend all.

Have a great weekend! Glad you checked in Tap. It's feeling lonely in here lately!

I keep thinking I need to get up and DO something but I just have NO energy! Maybe later!

Well I survived Texas, and as far as I know, it survived me! Was a good week, a REALLY busy week, but we had fun anyway. Let's see....we, picked up hundreds of pounds of pecans,between the fallen nuts, and thrashing the trees, we repaired fences, pounding several dozen fence posts, we culled the herd, sold 8 calves, dosed the rest of the cattle for flies, and worms, gave black leg immunizations, and tagged new calves ears, Rick shredded probably 60 acres. You have to shred to keep the weeds and bramble from overtaking the grass, which allows the dew overnight to Water the grass, and keeps the cattle in grazing material.

We went to a little town not far away, and celebrated our anniversary, did the bulk of our Christmas shopping there. Spent lots of time with extended family there, and worked til we fell asleep easily at night!!! We enjoyed it though.

We have some decisions to make about the old farm house. Once again there was a big ass snake in the toilet!!! I kid you not!

We did NOT stay in the house! I refuse! We have family who have connecting property, it is all part of the original homestead---we stayed there, in their hopefully, and to the best of my knowledge, snake free home.

These are not venomous snakes---appear to be what they call chicken snakes, but I do not want one snacking on my parts exposed over a toilet!!!

Well one of my grandkids I missed so much just drove up. Will check in later!!!

Kat: SNAKE IN THE TOILET!!!!????!!!! No way, no how. OMG! :wink2:

Kat, sounds like you had a great trip. Sorry about the snake but I wouldn't have let it stop me from sleeping there... I think!!! LOL!

Hi Cindy!

Ebony, so do you have a pretty new bike?

Hi Tap!

Hi Plain!

Still sick. Still love my hair. Going to bed soon.

Have a great Tuesday!

We really did have a good trip. We will go back in the spring. And Plain, it is not ALL of TX without internet, I was so shocked!!! LOL Our place is in the country....and we live there a total of one month a year....so nothing that is not REQUIRED is kept going! So it was ME in my little place that had no connection, not even dial up!!! Heck I cannot even get cell reception! We are in central TX, some refer to it as west central, but they are wrong!!! LOL

Well......I am now unemployed! Come back after all the crap the week before I left, and the OM said I told her I would be in on Friday, and me not showing up they assumed I quit.

I set her straight, then went to speak to the Dr. She followed me right in the office, saying for legal reasons they both needed to be there, he looked kinda perplexed, but said nothing, so I left. I did tell them that #1 we had ALL agreed I would be off a week, and back on Monday. At this point he looked at her in a quick turn of his head and she changed the subject to extreme absence. I went on to tell them that #2 was I did NOT quit my job, that her having my stuff packed, and my check ready told me she was firing me, and I would communicate with them through the unemployment office. And I left.

Later yesterday the Dr. called saying he would like to talk to me, I tried to get him to do it over the phone, he wants me to come in. I know if I do, she will just horn in on whatever meeting he has in mind. So I wasn't going to do it. Then I was thinking last night, that I have never used my benefit for eye exam we pay for through DH's work. So my plan is to make an appointment! Then she violates my HIPPA if I ask that she not be in the room! I am going to ask him for a letter of reference and see what he says!!

I will say, I slept through the night, no reflux, woke happy and relaxed, not even dreading the mountain of laundry following vacation.

My MIL is sick, I have a pot of chicken and noodles cooking, going to take it to her. I feel massive relief--I had not realized the amount of stress I allowed it to cause until this last week, and the thought of coming back made me so sad, and normally I am ready to come home. So wierd.

Anyway, I am unemployed, but happy. Most of my Christmas shopping is done, and we will keep our fingers crossed with DH's job.....will think about my next move!

Michelle, I hope you feel better soon, this stuff has really hung on with you. Is the moist air making it worse you think?

Ebony, DH saw the pic of your bike, you want, and he said it looked great for its age! He has a collection (I call it) of old bikes! He has several early 80 models of Yamahas, a Kawasaki similar to the one you want, and a couple of old Honda's, he has an old shovel head, and the chopper he just built was built on an old Yamaha frame. He also has newer ones, but....he loves the old school look. He does not want the Big Dog look wide tire chopper, he wants the old Peter Fonda look. Takes an old bike to get that!!

OH! The snake! We were told they are chicken snakes. We didn't know how they were getting there....through the septic, or if they were in the house and using it as a den. Seems they are coming through the septic. It dries with us being gone so much, and Lord knows how old the system is.....

So this last visit, when we found them, we took a piece of heavy plate glass, and put over the commode......and there he was anyway. I guess on a positive note, there were no mice to be found!!! LOL

Nah, I am scared spitless of snakes, I did not want it for a roomate. Stayed with my Aunt!!

Time to change the laundry----I feel like Tap---loving my housework!!! LOL

Just doing a drive-by to say hello!