Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

Let's see...

It snowed last night.:angry::cursing:

My mother is visiting for an undetermined length of time.:ohmy:

Found out that a job I really really want pays LESS than I am making now, and would require me to move - at my expense.:sad::smile:

It snowed last night.:frown:

DH was just informed that their company is having a 2 month (or more) shutdown beginning the week before Christmas.:thumbdown:

It snowed last night.

My organization laid off 2 employees in the summer; I have 'absorbed' the work of one of them, plus my own work. No extra money or glory.

Did I mention I hate winter....well, actually I wouldn't mind it if the temperatures were warm/hot. This below freezing, and snow stuff sucks....

HOWEVER, I am maintaining a size 8 (although just barely after my vacation, but still doing it).

Hear ya on all that Taps!

I am not a winter fan.......I do not ski, I guess I don't mind it as much as I used to when finding a coat to fit was an issue, but I still do not like it!

I am very unhappy in my job---was hoping to like it, and all in all I truly like the work, especially the labs---but the interaction between the office manager and myself is horrible! I am finding common ground more and more with Ebony. It seems like this week she wants things this way, and next week, she looks at me like I lost my mind, she NEVER said that....and she will only confront me with the issues, when we have patients waiting, and hearing, it is her way of showing all of them she is my boss, like I give a rats a$$! Was considering a job offer here, it does not have as good of hours, but almost to a point of not caring.....and I fantasize about leaving her in a bind! LOL Oh well......

I am flitting back and forth between 8's and 10's. Some look baggy, others, make me have a muffin top! A look I don't want!!! I fight against it, and have you noticed the young girls in the stores who bare their bellies, and they have big bellies? Freaks me out!

Slim, heck if we had known all it took was not having a car to deter Mommy Dearest, I woulda come and "stole" it!!! Hope she steers (yeah pun kinda intended) clear for a loooooong while!

Missed ya around here....welcome home.

DH is on his way home, and I am considering a few drinks, it was a crappy day, thinking I would like celebrating a couple days off with just him.....and celebrating the fact that we are off, and we are FINISHED hauling wood! YAY!!! Last weekend we (along with our kids, in their trucks and trailers) hauled well over 10 cords of wood home. Cedar, it is heavy--and dirty, but burns well, and smells better than most.

I have to confess, I turned to my old friend when the day went so badly.....I just ate an entire Baby Ruth! I should feel badly, but I don't!!!!

HOWEVER, I am maintaining a size 8 (although just barely after my vacation, but still doing it).

That makes it all better, though, huh?! Now when you bundle up to keep from freezing in all that snow you look like a cute snow bunny.:thumbdown:

Let's see...

It snowed last night.:angry::cursing:

My mother is visiting for an undetermined length of time.:ohmy:

Found out that a job I really really want pays LESS than I am making now, and would require me to move - at my expense.:sad::smile:

It snowed last night.:frown:

DH was just informed that their company is having a 2 month (or more) shutdown beginning the week before Christmas.:thumbdown:

It snowed last night.

My organization laid off 2 employees in the summer; I have 'absorbed' the work of one of them, plus my own work. No extra money or glory.

Did I mention I hate winter....well, actually I wouldn't mind it if the temperatures were warm/hot. This below freezing, and snow stuff sucks....

Sorry about the bad stuff Tap. I love the size 8 though! Hang in there. Winter will be over eventually. (I hope)

Slim, heck if we had known all it took was not having a car to deter Mommy Dearest, I woulda come and "stole" it!!! Hope she steers (yeah pun kinda intended) clear for a loooooong while!

Sorry you are having work issues. I seem to have spoken too soon about MIL. Seems she "loves" me now. She has called me just to "talk" twice now. Then she mentions that she needs DH to take her to the store tomorrow. Of course, she KNOWS he doesn't have a car to take her in. She was hoping (I'm sure) that I would jump in there and volunteer. I have to work tomorrow. DH is still trying to hook me into it. I am not doing it.

Hey just wanted to stop in and let you know I spoke with g4e this morning.

All in all the news is good, they have not found and evidence that the cancer has spread, they think it is contained within the thyroid this time. It appears to be the same type of cancer she battled the first time, meaning it is a rare, almost unique to her type of thing, and they were able to controll it then, and have hopes of doing the same again.

Originally they were talking radiation, now the discussion is more along the lines of chemo. The cancer center she is going to is run by Dr.s who are brothers, and one runs the radiation treatment teams, and the other the chemo treatment teams---and they communicate very well, so hoping they come up with a good plan for her. She sees the chemo side of things on Monday and I told her I would call Monday evening.

She says she misses LBT terribly and to say hi for her!

So.......HI!!!!

I am very unhappy in my job---was hoping to like it, and all in all I truly like the work, especially the labs---but the interaction between the office manager and myself is horrible! I am finding common ground more and more with Ebony. It seems like this week she wants things this way, and next week, she looks at me like I lost my mind, she NEVER said that....and she will only confront me with the issues, when we have patients waiting, and hearing, it is her way of showing all of them she is my boss, like I give a rats a$$!

have you noticed the young girls in the stores who bare their bellies, and they have big bellies? Freaks me out!

Slim, heck if we had known all it took was not having a car to deter Mommy Dearest, I woulda come and "stole" it!!!

I think we are sharing a 'work sucks' phenomenon - sorta like mass hysteria only without the yelling and fun!!

AS for the youngsters exposing their bellies...once the snow flies, that ends! But yes, I don't know whether I am pleased that these 'less than media perfect' girls feel comfortable in their skin, and therefore should be admired, or think they need to look in the mirror before they leave home!

Now when you bundle up to keep from freezing in all that snow you look like a cute snow bunny.:confused:

Thanks crzy...nice thought, but cute is not the word I would use...more like nanook of the north!!:)

(Not the LBT Nanook....)

Sorry about the bad stuff Tap. I love the size 8 though! Hang in there. Winter will be over eventually. (I hope)

I seem to have spoken too soon about MIL. Seems she "loves" me now. She has called me just to "talk" twice now. Then she mentions that she needs DH to take her to the store tomorrow. Of course, she KNOWS he doesn't have a car to take her in. She was hoping (I'm sure) that I would jump in there and volunteer. I have to work tomorrow. DH is still trying to hook me into it. I am not doing it.

HOld fast in your resolve, Slim. I'd use call display if you have it, and screen her calls. Let DH take her if he thinks it is that important she goes to the store - and for what?

All in all the news is good, they have not found and evidence that the cancer has spread, they think it is contained within the thyroid this time.

Originally they were talking radiation, now the discussion is more along the lines of chemo. The cancer center she is going to is run by Dr.s who are brothers, and one runs the radiation treatment teams, and the other the chemo treatment teams---and they communicate very well, so hoping they come up with a good plan for her. She sees the chemo side of things on Monday and I told her I would call Monday evening.

Thanks for the update, Kat. I appreciate it!

Have a great evening all...I'm just waiting for my gumdrop cake to finish then I'm headed to bed...an exhausting day with mother!

PJTP...Hi Everybody! :thumbup:

DH was just informed that their company is having a 2 month (or more) shutdown beginning the week before Christmas.:confused:

That totally sucks...

It snowed last night.

I'm SO not ready for snow right now...bought boots on EBay but they haven't arrived yet...so it can't snow until my boots arrive! (yeah, right!)

This is a scary time for everyone...I hope things turn around quickly for your company...

Yay for you on the size 8's!:thumbup:

I am very unhappy in my job---was hoping to like it, and all in all I truly like the work, especially the labs---but the interaction between the office manager and myself is horrible! I am finding common ground more and more with Ebony.

Oh gosh...I definately wouldn't wish THAT on anyone...so sorry to hear this!

It seems like this week she wants things this way, and next week, she looks at me like I lost my mind, she NEVER said that....and she will only confront me with the issues, when we have patients waiting, and hearing, it is her way of showing all of them she is my boss, like I give a rats a$$! Was considering a job offer here, it does not have as good of hours, but almost to a point of not caring.....and I fantasize about leaving her in a bind! LOL Oh well......

I absolutely do NOT understand people like that - it's as if they think putting on that "show" in front of patients will make them look better or more "in charge". What it does is make them look like idiots - none of the patients need to hear that crap!

I am flitting back and forth between 8's and 10's. Some look baggy, others, make me have a muffin top! A look I don't want!!! I fight against it, and have you noticed the young girls in the stores who bare their bellies, and they have big bellies? Freaks me out!

Same here - I wonder sometimes if they even OWN mirrors?

What Kat said! :)

DH is on his way home, and I am considering a few drinks, it was a crappy day, thinking I would like celebrating a couple days off with just him.....and celebrating the fact that we are off, and we are FINISHED hauling wood! YAY!!! Last weekend we (along with our kids, in their trucks and trailers) hauled well over 10 cords of wood home. Cedar, it is heavy--and dirty, but burns well, and smells better than most.

We've gotten quite a bit of our "wood work" done, but not to THAT level! 10 CORDS! I know how much that is...I don't have room in my yard for 10 cords of wood!

I have to confess, I turned to my old friend when the day went so badly.....I just ate an entire Baby Ruth! I should feel badly, but I don't!!!!

Don't feel bad - you hauled enough wood to burn those calories off!

What Slim said about the size 8's! Good for you, Tap!

Sorry you are having work issues. I seem to have spoken too soon about MIL. Seems she "loves" me now. She has called me just to "talk" twice now. Then she mentions that she needs DH to take her to the store tomorrow. Of course, she KNOWS he doesn't have a car to take her in. She was hoping (I'm sure) that I would jump in there and volunteer. I have to work tomorrow. DH is still trying to hook me into it. I am not doing it.

Stand your ground, Slim - don't let her manipulate you and politely tell DH he is off his rocker if he thinks you are going to rearrange your life for HER.

All in all the news is good, they have not found and evidence that the cancer has spread, they think it is contained within the thyroid this time. It appears to be the same type of cancer she battled the first time, meaning it is a rare, almost unique to her type of thing, and they were able to controll it then, and have hopes of doing the same again.

Good to hear news of G4E - and I'm thankful the cancer has not spread!

She says she misses LBT terribly and to say hi for her!

So.......HI!!!!

Sending G4E a virtual hug... (((((HUGS)))))

I think we are sharing a 'work sucks' phenomenon - sorta like mass hysteria only without the yelling and fun!!

Ooh - I hope I didn't start THAT vibe going around...to help change the tone, I can say that I've heard nothing about my latest incident at work...no repercussions, and they are continuing to include me in new projects...

AS for the youngsters exposing their bellies...once the snow flies, that ends! But yes, I don't know whether I am pleased that these 'less than media perfect' girls feel comfortable in their skin, and therefore should be admired, or think they need to look in the mirror before they leave home!

Can I get an AMEN!

Thanks crzy...nice thought, but cute is not the word I would use...more like nanook of the north!!:thumbup:

(Not the LBT Nanook....)

Now you stop that...I think you'd make a cute snow bunny!

HOld fast in your resolve, Slim. I'd use call display if you have it, and screen her calls. Let DH take her if he thinks it is that important she goes to the store - and for what?

What she said!

Thanks for the update, Kat. I appreciate it!

Have a great evening all...I'm just waiting for my gumdrop cake to finish then I'm headed to bed...an exhausting day with mother!

Gumdrop cake? That sounds really good right now...had a busy weekend - after I ran my first-ever 5k, I was whooped! I don't think I posted my "race report" here on PJTP...forgive me if this is duplicative!

Came in second-to-last, but I finished it! Took me just over 45 min. Why? Because it was a combination course (I think). We started on asphalt, then into a field, then through the woods and up a hill (dodging tree roots and soft soil from the previous day's rains), then back onto asphalt, up a hill that rivals the "killer hill" that I walk during my work week, then into a cul-de-sac where we turned around. Then reverse all that stuff... :ohmy::eek:

I was tired by the end, but very happy. I only walked about 50 steps at the top of the "killer hill" - I ran most of it, but just couldn't make those final few steps. I'm proud of myself for finishing! :thumbup:

Going back to my homework - have some reading to finish...TTYL! :blink:

Hi all just stopped by to say hey! Went for a great hike in the mountians with DH and doggie Truffles it was just what i needed to reconnect. The air was brisk and the colors beautiful. Been reading the posts and just glad you are all here to support each other. This site has been my support since getting the band and I have learned a great deal from every one here. Well hoping you had a great day. Suzanne

Hi.

Just wanted to check in. Been in a funk the last couple of days and haven't felt like doing anything, even posting. Can't tell if it's b/c I'm coming down with something or just b/c. Strange.

Have a great week.

Stand your ground, Slim - don't let her manipulate you and politely tell DH he is off his rocker if he thinks you are going to rearrange your life for HER.

Gumdrop cake? That sounds really good right now...had a busy weekend - after I ran my first-ever 5k, I was whooped! Came in second-to-last, but I finished it!

I'm proud of myself for finishing! :thumbup:

That was quite the multi-quote Ebony!!

CONGRATULATIONS are your first 5K...:blink::w00t::w00t: You should be proud of yourself. I can't imagine doing it, but YAY you!!!

Gumdrop cake is an old-fashioned cake (my mother remembers it from her childhood). It is associated with Christmas for me, and I am starting my christmas baking now. I don't eat it, just bake it.

Hi all just stopped by to say hey! Went for a great hike in the mountians with DH and doggie Truffles it was just what i needed to reconnect. The air was brisk and the colors beautiful. Been reading the posts and just glad you are all here to support each other. This site has been my support since getting the band and I have learned a great deal from every one here. Well hoping you had a great day. Suzanne

Hi Suzanne! What a nice post - positive and friendly. Come join us and post here regularly!

Hi.

Just wanted to check in. Been in a funk the last couple of days and haven't felt like doing anything, even posting. Can't tell if it's b/c I'm coming down with something or just b/c. Strange.

Heartfire - sorry to hear you are feeling the 'blahs'..seems to be a lot of that going around. Hugs to you.

Monday morning...I'm not feeling up to par myself...sore throat, upset stomach...should I stay or should I go (to work)? (Are you singing it now?)

PJTP...Good morning PJTP'ers! :sneaky:

Tap - take good care of yourself. Maybe a day off is in order...I had a brief bout with a flu-like illness a couple of weeks ago. Stayed home one day, took my meds, and have been fine since. Watched 60 Minutes last night with DH and got such a scare - they talked about the H1N1 virus and how tough it can be on some people. They profiled a young man - high school athlete, in great shape, who came down with it and had to be put on a respirator at one point. Don't let your resistance and your strength get too low, Taps - take a day now and regain your strength! :lol:

Heartfire - that goes for you too! Maybe its just a temporary case of the 'blues' but in any case, pamper yourself a bit and I hope you feel better very soon! :thumbup:

Bristlecone - Hi! I love your dog's name (Truffles) and a hike in the mountains sounds beautiful this time of year. Welcome to PJTP - come back often! :blink:

NSV - currently wearing a size 14W dress I bought from Spiegel - it's part of their "Shape FX" line and helps smooth me out...it's the smallest size I've worn in quite a while. :scared2:

A friend referred to me as "melting" - funny visual for me, but partially the truth! I am enjoying getting smaller - and even dealing with the different 'figure problems' is not so bad. Me and Spanx are getting to be good friends...:eek:

I had thought this year would be the time for me to look into plastic surgery, but the money just isn't there...especially with DD going out-of-state to school next fall, I've got to save everything I can. :) I'm going to keep up my workouts, eat right, take my Vitamins and see what happens. My DH was a little worried about me - thinking that having the surgery so soon after my weight loss might have proven to be too much for me. I'm not so sure - I guess I'm feeling like I want it all NOW, but waiting is what I have to do, so I'm going to do it with a smile! :w00t:

Everyone have a wonderful day - it's chilly here, but the sun is shining brightly and I feel great! :thumbup:

Hi Ebony!!

Another great NSV for you - that's wonderful!

I've heard about Spanx, but haven't invested in any - yet. But given the serious belly overhang I have, I'm thinking maybe it is time to invest. Plastic surgery is something I have thought of, but the cost is just too much. But I'm thinking it would certainly help me drop a few more pounds - honestly, the reason I haven't reached the upper limit of my doctors goal just HAS to be the excess skin!!:thumbup: Besides, several docs have mentioned waiting for 6 months to a year after your weight loss before having any PS, so that gives me time. (Of course, just as many do not make any such recommendations...).

I did come to work - gets me out of the house and with my mother visiting it is important for both of us to have 'time outs'...

And speaking of work......gotta get some stuff off my desk!

And Paranormal activity doesn't even make my list of movies to see....

But tap...it was soooooooo good and creepy. It built tension well and was not excessively bloody or sexy. It was an old school haunted house story re-tooled for the suburbs. I give it a big thumbs up!

Will be calling g4e this weekend and will update what is happening. I have not heard anything, and I know she should have got her package, so maybe she is out of town or down from testing. They may have already started her radiation. Will let ya know.

Thanks. I saw the update lower in the thread. I know I have meant to drop g4e a note but I'm a horrible procrastinator. I resolve to remedy that.

DH wrecked his car (he's ok). His mother seems to no longer have a use for him since he no longer has a car.

That may turn out to be the best thing that's happened to you, V.

Just spole to g4e again, and she is facing 2 more tests, scheduled for Friday and Tuesday, to determine if her heart can withstand the type of chemo they are wanting to use, and to check on her bone marrow. Once they are back, then they will start a combination of radiation and chemo. Looks like she is for a long treatment. She said to thank all of you for thinking of her.

I will check in with her again in a few days and report.

Plain, I know she would love to hear from you. She misses her internet!

We have a late game, 9:30---I hate these games, it is after 11 by the time we get home, and then in the shower and bed and it is after midnight it seems. Then the alarm goes off really soon after to start all over!

It was a TRUE Monday, all day long. Crappy day. My office manager, cannot be pleased. I finally had a bit of a time today that I ask her and the Dr, to please get on the same page, and decide how they want the charts handled, because I cannot do it to please both of them, when they want them done differently. Then she gives the ol' "of course you do it however the Dr. wants it....." BS! Oh well, I shoulda known!

Will try to check in in the morning! Have a great night everyone!

Bristlecone-----welcome!!!