Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

Hi everyone. I just thought I would pop in to say hi. Thinigs have been strange on the home front.

Ebony-I hope things turn around soon on the job front.

Tap & Heartfire-I miss you too. It's just... different. I really feel out of touch with everyone (including myself).

Hi everyone. I just thought I would pop in to say hi. Thinigs have been strange on the home front.

I really feel out of touch with everyone (including myself).

HI (Tap waves excitedly across the ether)

Anything you want to talk or vent about? You can PM me if that is preferable....

Otherwise, take care. Thinking of you.

Hello!! Not feeling much in the mood to post lately....I have been missing everyone though.

Got an interview for a part-time job at Target on Friday. It's not much, but any extra $$ helps out!!

Got to go.

PJTP...

Quiet but busy day at work...lots of stuff going on. So far, no permanent fallout from the mistake I made, but I have no illusions about whether or not there WILL be fallout, just WHEN it will occur. We're at a busy time right now, so it's just wait and see.

My band is tight today - probably due to stress. Though I can't say I FEEL really stressed, "Jillian" is telling me different. Even my Protein drink won't stay down right now.

***This just in***

This isn't going to help my stress level one bit...got a form letter from the local place where I interviewed and where my DH works. They are "continuing the process" with another applicant. I wasn't chosen for either position. :):crying::eek::crying:

I'm so disheartened right now...:thumbup:

Tap Tap - this is for you sweetheart!

Hope everyone is well

and per your random post Tap - homemade Soup rocks - have been loving a middle eastern style lentil Soup myself as of late.

Pray everyone is well - will continue to check in from time to time!

Morning all!

Morning! Well, it's afternoon here, probably evening where you are! <sigh> I'm always late.

Well our game sucked, it can only go in the W column if W stands for We got our butts kicked!!!

Michelle, yes it is that Heather, her little girl is a few months old now.

Sorry your game sucked!

I'm so sorry for Heather. My prayers and thoughts go out to her.

I can't believe her baby is a few months old already!! Where does the time go?

Tap & Heartfire-I miss you too. It's just... different. I really feel out of touch with everyone (including myself).

HI SLIM!!!! It is different. I keep posting b/c I've discovered that I need too even tho everything has changed so much. Hang in there and PM me if you need too. Hugs!

Hello!! Not feeling much in the mood to post lately....I have been missing everyone though.

Got an interview for a part-time job at Target on Friday. It's not much, but any extra $$ helps out!!

Got to go.

That's okay, Suzy. We miss you tho.

Best wishes on your interview. I couldn't work at Target. I'd owe them money even after being paid! :)

***This just in***

This isn't going to help my stress level one bit...got a form letter from the local place where I interviewed and where my DH works. They are "continuing the process" with another applicant. I wasn't chosen for either position. :eek::crying::thumbup::crying:

I'm so disheartened right now...:w00t:

Oh Ebony, I'm so sorry! I was really hoping for this one. :lol:

Pray everyone is well - will continue to check in from time to time!

<gasp!> It's KC!!! WHOO HOO!!! :eek: How ARE you?!!!!

Missed ya, girlfriend!!

Hi all! Well the move went pretty smoothly considering how much stuff I have!! Who'da thunk it? I couldn't believe how much it all was once they started loading the truck. It filled the truck entirely (approx 45 cubic metres of stuff) and a heap was left behind. It took us TEN car loads to cart the leftovers and even then we left some junk behind in the back of the garage, because the skip bin had been picked up already.

We're both aching all over and I have a MOUNTAIN of unpacking to do but we're in, the old house has been cleaned throughout and the doors locked and I've waved goodbye...

I'll post some pics of Box Mountain soon...

Suzy - sorry you aren't feeling up to par...there's a lot of that going around! Good luck at the job interview!

have no illusions about whether or not there WILL be fallout, just WHEN it will occur. We're at a busy time right now, so it's just wait and see.

got a form letter from the local place where I interviewed and where my DH works. They are "continuing the process" with another applicant. I wasn't chosen for either position.

Oh Ebony, I am so sorry. I really had held out hopes for you in either position. It is so easy for me to say don't give in to the despair...but that doesn't help at all. Just know that I DO believe that THE job for you is out there, if you can just get to that point!

Keep strong!

per your random post Tap - homemade Soup rocks - have been loving a middle eastern style lentil soup myself as of late.

KC - come back, come back!!!!!

Middle eastern lentil soup - hmm...recipe?

It is different. I keep posting b/c I've discovered that I need too even tho everything has changed so much.

Ain't that the truth!?

I couldn't work at Target. I'd owe them money even after being paid! :)

:eek::lol::thumbup:

Missed ya, girlfriend!!

Ditto!!!

Well the move went pretty smoothly considering how much stuff I have!!

We're both aching all over and I have a MOUNTAIN of unpacking to do but we're in, the old house has been cleaned throughout and the doors locked and I've waved goodbye...

I'll post some pics of Box Mountain soon...

YAY Fanny! Lots of weight off your shoulders too, I bet!

Lots of pics, please.

Approach those fills slow but steady....

Quoted because I sooooo agree.

PJTP: I haven't been on as much because work has been slow lately, so I've been @ home. So, don't think I'm ignoring anybody, or that anybody has body odor, or anything like that. That was my official check-in, tap!

Hi all! Well the move went pretty smoothly considering how much stuff I have!!

There is ALWAYS way more stuff than you think!! "Stuff" is worse than bunny rabbits at multiplying!!!

Glad to hear it all went well. Post when you can, I'm sure you're exhausted but wanting to get settled!!

Quoted because I sooooo agree.

PJTP: I haven't been on as much because work has been slow lately, so I've been @ home. So, don't think I'm ignoring anybody, or that anybody has body odor, or anything like that. That was my official check-in, tap!

I promise, taking it easy with the re-fills!!

Sorry it's been so slow for you at work. Sucks that you have to take the time off. Miss you when you're gone!

Give Tug a big ol' hug for me!! :thumbup:

~~~~~

Not much going on here.

DH built DD a new bed yesterday and she's loving it. When DD got too tall for her crib we just took the movable siderail off and she's been sleeping in that for the last couple of years. Yes, that means she was out of a "crib" so to speak at about a year old!!

Anyway, the thing is not that stable with it's fourth side missing. Not dangerous by any means but we kept having to tighten the screws again b/c of the flexing of the whole thing. The other problem is no one makes bedding sets to fit a crib mattress. Yes, I know you aren't supposed to use sets for CRIBS but for crying out loud, when they're toddlers it's OKAY!! And b/c of the sides left on the bed it's hard to tuck things in and keep it tucked in so every single night I practically had to remake the bed. NUTS!

DH essentially built a platform bed for DD. Frame, legs, plywood top. Easy! So we bought her a big girl pillow and a flannel sheet set (twin size) and I'll be able to tuck it all in! It's already working great with the blankets and she is loving her "big girl" bed. Her words. She doesn't want her crib back at all!

I'll get the new sheets washed and on her bed in the next day or 2. She likes our bed and it's b/c of the sheets. She always talks about how good it feels! So now she has her own!

Eventually she'll go into a double bed that we have in the guest room but that's still a couple of years down the road.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday! 'Night!!

Don't think I'm ignoring anybody, or that anybody has body odor, or anything like that. That was my official check-in, tap!

Glad to hear you are alive and well. Still waiting for the Tug pic.

There is ALWAYS way more stuff than you think!! "Stuff" is worse than bunny rabbits at multiplying!!!

DH built DD a new bed yesterday and she's loving it. She likes our bed and it's b/c of the sheets. She always talks about how good it feels! So now she has her own!

'Stuff' is worse than wire coat hangers in the closet at multiplying...I move on average every 3 years, and still I throw out/donate stuff - and wonder where it all came from. It doesn't help that DH is a packrat....'Don't throw out that broken plastic lid; we may need it some day"...ARGHH!! I'm all for reduce, reuse, recycle, but sometimes it just isn't worth it!!!

Wow....he's quite the handyman!

Aren't all men? Isn't that their role?

Morning everyone! I'm late this morning as I've been preparing for a broadcast Im doing this afternoon. I love public speaking (yet another way Im a freak of nature), but doing a national live broadcast while sitting by myself in a small room isn't the same thing. I like the energy of a crowd, and gauge my presentation based on the audience body language etc. This way I have NO way of knowing if they are 'getting' what Im saying or not....oh well. As they won't send me across the country to do many individual presentations, a single broadcast it is....

Wish me luck; will chat later.....

Edited by tapshoes
grrr - typo

Wow....he's quite the handyman!

Yep, but that's also why my entire house is torn up and each project only half finished!

'Stuff' is worse than wire coat hangers in the closet at multiplying...I move on average every 3 years, and still I throw out/donate stuff - and wonder where it all came from. It doesn't help that DH is a packrat....'Don't throw out that broken plastic lid; we may need it some day"...ARGHH!! I'm all for reduce, reuse, recycle, but sometimes it just isn't worth it!!!

Wish me luck; will chat later.....

I'm bad tho, I box it up to move, unbox what I need immediately then leave the rest in boxes in storage! I must go thru the boxes!! I've still got boxes from when we moved over 12 years ago!!! And I added more boxes from when we moved over 6 years ago!!!!! I need a fairy that will go thru the boxes for me, magically keep what I want and deal with the rest. <sigh> Haven't found one of those yet tho! Still looking.

Best wishes on your presentation today! I'm too much of an introvert. Can't deal with that. Well, maybe just having a camera if I can turn off the fact that a LOT of people will be seeing it but the whole standing up in front of people makes me want to either throw up or pass out.

~~~~~

Crappy morning already and the day is barely started!

DH headed to work and DD was awake EARLY. I'm still "sleeping" so she goes potty, brushes her teeth and gets dressed. She crawls on the bed and climbs in b/c she cold. I get up to take a shower and when I get out, DD is SNORING!!!! So I gotta get her up again so we can get her to school! Well, trying to re-wake her up was a bear!

So we're running late, school starts at 9 and that's when we're heading out the door. Granted this is preschool and the first 15 minutes is free play but still, this is supposedly setting a precedence for school later and we're not doing so good with the "on time" part! So I get us in the truck, turn it around and head out the driveway, put the brakes on and the tires lock up and we slide in the driveway! It's long and flat and gravel so it's not like we're going anywhere but I'm tearing up the driveway at this point. So I back up and put it back in drive to try again. Brakes lock up and we slide again. WTH??? Do this a few more times and it seems to be working right so head out to the road. Get to the top and everything is locking up and making noise! I turn around and get us back in to the driveway. Crawling so that when I stop the truck we don't lock up and slide into the garage door. THAT would have been bad!

DD is crying at this point b/c she has now decided that she MUST go to school, when earlier she couldn't possible go!!!! UGH!

So I get us out of the truck and head to the car. I had driven it on Tuesday to pick her up from school and when we went to leave, it wouldn't start! DH shows up 1/2 an hour later to help and when he gets in and turns the key, starts right up! So now I'm afraid to trust the car! So I have DD stand by the car b/c I'm not getting her in the carseat, to then not have the car start and have to get her out again. This is an '87 Toyota Camry and it's TINY. It's a PITA to getting in and out of this thing! Anyway. It starts, so I get her in the car and we head to school. Got there in time for clean-up before circle time started. Oh and I left the car running while I took DD inside!!!

Call DH b/c now I'm wanting HIS truck and it's at the station but I need his help to get the carseat out of the car and in the truck. It's a PITA too. It's an extra cab pick up but it doesn't have the extra doors. You have to move the front seat forward and climb in/over. Getting DD in isn't a problem AFTER you finally get the carseat in!!

Anyway, get up there so DH can fight with putting the carseat in the truck. Got that taken care of.

Have a potluck meeting tonight in the city (an hour away) that DD and I were going to (and taking all the burger fixings for) but had to back out now. Even tho DH's truck runs/works just fine, I seem to be having issues with vehicles this week and I don't want to get stuck somewhere, at night, with a 3 year old!!

Oh and I've got to call the shop and see if we can get the truck in for them to look at it. It's got anti-lock brakes so when the brakes lock up, the system is making noise b/c it's not happy.

Anyway, I sure as hell hope this day gets better!!!

Hope everyone else has a WONDERFUL day!!! BBL!

OK - Speech over - back to the real stuff....

Heart - you are not having good vehicle karma; I'm with you, don't travel tonight just in case.

Ebony - How are you doing today?

Slim? Sick? Kat? Fanny? KC? Suzy? CC?....

Come back, come back...and bring a friend or two!