Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

PJTP...again! :(

Having a weird couple of days...was home with a general "sick" feeling yesterday. Lightheaded, body aches, no fever, but everything else felt like the flu...

Today, a little more energy, but started the day with almost NO voice - it's so funny when I, the motormouth, cannot talk. My DH and DD make gentle fun of me and then tell me to Shhh when I try to talk! :thumbup:

***Major NSV Alert***

Just came in from jean-shopping. I am "growing" into my true figure I think...pretty straight up and down, not a big difference between waist and hip, so traditional women's jeans are baggy in the butt area - just where I don't need them to be (at least until I do a few thousand more squats!).

Ended up buying two pair of "slim fit" (boy that was fun to type) "Cowboy Cut" Wranglers - men's jeans - iin a size 36 x 34 and a 36 x 36 (need the length 'cause I'm tall). My DH kept encouraging me to go smaller...:w00t:

I tried on several pairs of women's jeans, and the best fit was a size - are you ready for it - 12!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I think it's because they have some stretch in them, and they were a 'relaxed fit' which meant there was more room in the seat and thighs.

I was actually pretty happy with the size 14's (considering I just started wearing 16's a short time ago) but the dedication to my workouts is definately paying off. The pounds aren't moving as fast as I'd like, but the inches are leaving, so that's cool too. :tongue:

I didn't get the size 12's because they were too short - just not enough length in the legs, even in a "long" inseam model...I'm just tickled to wear a smaller size...:seeya::lol:

Going to go put them on and try them over my cowboy boots - gotta make sure they fit over the boots, ya know! Next time my DH wants to go line dancing, I've got the perfect pair of jeans to wear! :scared2:

PJTP...again! :(

Having a weird couple of days...was home with a general "sick" feeling yesterday. Lightheaded, body aches, no fever, but everything else felt like the flu...

Today, a little more energy, but started the day with almost NO voice - it's so funny when I, the motormouth, cannot talk. My DH and DD make gentle fun of me and then tell me to Shhh when I try to talk! :thumbup:

***Major NSV Alert***

Just came in from jean-shopping. I am "growing" into my true figure I think...pretty straight up and down, not a big difference between waist and hip, so traditional women's jeans are baggy in the butt area - just where I don't need them to be (at least until I do a few thousand more squats!).

Ended up buying two pair of "slim fit" (boy that was fun to type) "Cowboy Cut" Wranglers - men's jeans - iin a size 36 x 34 and a 36 x 36 (need the length 'cause I'm tall). My DH kept encouraging me to go smaller...:w00t:

I tried on several pairs of women's jeans, and the best fit was a size - are you ready for it - 12!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I think it's because they have some stretch in them, and they were a 'relaxed fit' which meant there was more room in the seat and thighs.

I was actually pretty happy with the size 14's (considering I just started wearing 16's a short time ago) but the dedication to my workouts is definately paying off. The pounds aren't moving as fast as I'd like, but the inches are leaving, so that's cool too. :tongue:

I didn't get the size 12's because they were too short - just not enough length in the legs, even in a "long" inseam model...I'm just tickled to wear a smaller size...:seeya::lol:

Going to go put them on and try them over my cowboy boots - gotta make sure they fit over the boots, ya know! Next time my DH wants to go line dancing, I've got the perfect pair of jeans to wear! :scared2:

Ok, sorry that you are sick, but w00t

on those size 12s!!!!!! That is so freaking awesome Ebony!! Go Ebony, it's your birthday! [insert dance of choice here]

I think Heartfire had a great idea!

Hi, everyone.

So...PJTP - It's Tuesday, huh? Wow...time flies. I had this weird dream that I was gone for, like, a week something. Wow. Shaking that off...

How's everyone else doing?

GLOU!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE BACK!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Repeated....confused....???

Sorry for the confusion. I had started this new thread when I didn't see another one started only to find that Ebony HAD started one in the Lounge. It hadn't come up on "new posts" when I'd checked before starting this one. When we talked via PM she told me about the new thread so I came back and deleted my post and proceeded to confuse EVERYONE else but ME! LOL!

Are you still confused? LOL!

And HI BBK!!!! Haw ya doing? How's Faith after her surgery? I forgot what it was for. I remember her being sick right before it tho. I sure hope she's doing well now.

PJTP-I was finally able to get in touch with my doc. I will get an adjustment when I have my one year f/u. yay!

Whoo Hoo! Happy Bandiversary!!

I can't wait for the weekend - going up to Dallas to meet Lu and KC!!!

I'm so jealous!! Hope y'all have a blast!! Don't forget the bail money! LOL!! Tell 'em hi for me!

Your future SIL is struggling to stay alive. :tongue: His mom is going to kill him soon.
But, that sassy tone comes out w/her, too... like nails on a chalk board!

Oh my! :scared2: I'm in SO MUCH TROUBLE!! My 3 yr old is already starting some of that attitude crap! I can't imagine what we're going to be like in 7-10 yrs!!! :thumbup:

Yes! I know...Now I get what my mom was saying when she said she hoped I'd have one just like me!

UGH! My MIL has always told DH that but the problem is that w/his work schedule, I'M the one who always gets to deal with it!!!! :(

***Major NSV Alert***

THAT IS SO FREAKING WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Glad you seem to be feeling better!

PJTP: Mom headed home a couple of hours ago. It was a nice visit but short. Always too short. DD decided she was going home with grandma. Hard to get her to understand why that wouldn't work out this time. She was disappointed!

Wonderful weather today! In the 90's yesterday and barely hit the 70's today and it's cloudy and wants to rain some!! I love this weather!!! I am so ready for Fall! Summer is my least favorite season. I hate the heat!

Gotta go! TTYL!!

on those size 12s!!!!!! That is so freaking awesome Ebony!! Go Ebony, it's your birthday! [insert dance of choice here]

Thanks, Slim!

***doing happy dance***

I'm really happy about it...I NEVER thought I'd see that size again! Once I get more of this tummy off, I'm sure they'll fit better, but until them, I'm celebrating!

"I love it when a plan comes together..." Col John 'Hannibal' Smith - the A-Team:tongue_smilie:

Ebony!!! It DOES seem like just a short time ago, you were just as shocked and happy over fitting a 16----girl you are melting!!! So happy for you!

Seriously, isn't it the best feeling!!!???

I had kids who sassed.....not all of them my own! I did own a day care! I think the very worst of all of the kid things was my oldest DD, and her rolling her damned eyes at me! I threatened to knock her into next week where those eyes would stay permanently rolled back! Drove me nuts!

She would not say to my face I was full of it----but those rolling eyes sure said it, and man did it piss this Mama off!!! LOL

Well I keep saying on all my threads I need to go get some housework done, I think I am all done checking in now so better go do it, it is almost my bedtime!

Hi all!

Kat-I can honestly say that I can always find somthing else to do besides housework. :(

I am sitting here sipping my coffee thinking that my body still doesn't want to run today. I am going to try it anyway, but I really don't want to.

Heartfire-I am glad that you had a nice visit with your mom.

Ebony-I hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Glou!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

That completely describes what I was going to say!!

Ebony, it's been so cool to watch you shrink away before our eyes! Um, though, when you're done it's my turn...

GLOU!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE BACK!!!! I'm so excited!!!

LOL - YAY...Alex and Susan gave me the thumbs up...so, here I am. :w00t:

Now I've got that song in my head....I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it...

Oh my! :thumbup: I'm in SO MUCH TROUBLE!! My 3 yr old is already starting some of that attitude crap! I can't imagine what we're going to be like in 7-10 yrs!!! :tongue:

UGH! My MIL has always told DH that but the problem is that w/his work schedule, I'M the one who always gets to deal with it!!!! :(

Actually, I've been a single mom so long that I am still the only one dealing with it. DH (fiance, really, but DH is easier) will give me a look like, "You gonna take that?" Otherwise, that little brat rolls right over me. :w00t: But, I luvs her.

PJTP: Mom headed home a couple of hours ago. It was a nice visit but short. Always too short. DD decided she was going home with grandma. Hard to get her to understand why that wouldn't work out this time. She was disappointed!

My mom, for better or worse, lives a few blocks away. So I'll get texts all the time, "Going to grandma's to print stuff." (The reason I don't want a printer and haven't hooked up the one we have!)

Wonderful weather today! In the 90's yesterday and barely hit the 70's today and it's cloudy and wants to rain some!! I love this weather!!! I am so ready for Fall! Summer is my least favorite season. I hate the heat!

It was mid-70's yesterday and just GORGEOUS. I love this weather!!! Jealous of folks who have fall leaves, though...miss that a lot!

Gotta go! TTYL!!

Thanks, Slim!

"I love it when a plan comes together..." Col John 'Hannibal' Smith - the A-Team:tongue_smilie:

Love the A-Team...they're making it a movie! I can't wait!!

Ebony!!! It DOES seem like just a short time ago, you were just as shocked and happy over fitting a 16----girl you are melting!!! So happy for you!

Exactly!!!! We've seen her melt!

I had kids who sassed.....not all of them my own! I did own a day care! I think the very worst of all of the kid things was my oldest DD, and her rolling her damned eyes at me! I threatened to knock her into next week where those eyes would stay permanently rolled back! Drove me nuts!

She would not say to my face I was full of it----but those rolling eyes sure said it, and man did it piss this Mama off!!! LOL

Oohhhh....hate the rolling eyes! Why is that such a trigger?? I did it and I'll be darn sure to teach my grandkids how to do, if it doesn't come naturally.

Hi all!

Kat-I can honestly say that I can always find somthing else to do besides housework. :seeya:

:w00t: I actually enjoy it SOMETIMES. Other times I couldn't care less. I actually get into moods to clean and I just go to town.

I am sitting here sipping my coffee thinking that my body still doesn't want to run today. I am going to try it anyway, but I really don't want to.

Man...I lost my mojo about a month ago and haven't found it yet....maybe if I clean the house I'll find it?

Hi Glou!

HI!!!!!

They laid my boss off last week and I have another 2 weeks to go before the move to the new location. So, I've been helping others in the group pack - so I have been coming in late and wearing jeans.

Still nervous about lay-offs and job security, but not like before.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL.

:scared2: Missed ya!

Thanks Glou! Now that song is stuck in my head too!

***I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it***

PJTP...again! Wednesday edition...

Back to work this morning - still not 100%, but considerably better than the last couple of days. Lots of stuff on the desk to catch up on, but here I am PJTP'ing...:scared2:

It is totally wonderful - though, full disclosure - the 12's were "stretch" and "relaxed fit" so that may have helped...I have to be careful not to 'justify away' my victory - I have a bad habit of doing that. I was so excited - still am, as a matter of fact.

Women's clothing sizes are so weird...I can wear anything from 16's to 14's to now 12's, and sometimes it depends on the manufacturer. I think if I tried a "normal" 12 in a inexpensive store, it wouldn't fit, but in a mid-priced store, I would probably fit a 14...I am truly excited. I get excited every time I look in a mirror now, every time I go to a store and fit a different size, and every time I put on something that used to be tight, and now it's loose!

Oh do I HATE that eye-rolling crap! :tongue: My DD does that sometimes, and that "haaaaahhhh" exhale of breath when she's exasperated with me or I don't see things her way. The other thing is that "yeah, right" she spits out occasionally - that's about the time I remind her that she still lives in MY house and she's not too big to get her butt beat by her mama!:w00t:

Well I keep saying on all my threads I need to go get some housework done, I think I am all done checking in now so better go do it, it is almost my bedtime!

Housework - YUK!:(

Hi all!

Kat-I can honestly say that I can always find somthing else to do besides housework. :tt2:

What Slim said!

Go Slim Go! I walked this morning, but will RUN tomorrow morning, DH or no DH!

Heartfire-I am glad that you had a nice visit with your mom.

What Slim said...wish I could still visit with my mom :seeya:

Ebony-I hope you are feeling better today.

Much better - can't you tell by how "talky" I'm being? :thumbup:

Hi Glou!

Hi Glou!:w00t:

What Slim said!

That completely describes what I was going to say!!

Ebony, it's been so cool to watch you shrink away before our eyes! Um, though, when you're done it's my turn...

You got it, girlfriend...your turn! :w00t:

I forgot about that...wonder who they're gonna get to play all the parts...gotta Google that when I get a chance...

They are doing layoffs here as well, and keep sending messages about the budget...

Still nervous about lay-offs and job security, but not like before.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL.

:w00t: Missed ya!

Missed you too, girlfriend!:tt1:

Thanks Glou! Now that song is stuck in my head too!

***I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it***

Oh yeah....I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...:w00t:

Too funny Glou! I was thinking polka dots on the leg warmers, but same difference!

Just checking in. Training is going. I am now confused, but what else is new?

I had better get back in there.

BBL!

I read that the movie will be a straight up action movie...that they're not planning on making it campy like the TV show. Ah well.....

I read that the movie will be a straight up action movie...that they're not planning on making it campy like the TV show. Ah well.....

That was part of what made the show! I liked the campiness (is that even a word?). Oh well, hopefully it won't end up like Bewitched.

Hi Y'all! :)

Oh but the campyness was the fun part! But since I love action movies (and martial arts movies, and comic book movies, and make-you-think movies...) I'll probably go see it.

My latest must-see is "Where the Wild Things Are" - can't wait for that one! Yep - I'm a kid at heart...:blink:

That was part of what made the show! I liked the campiness (is that even a word?). Oh well, hopefully it won't end up like Bewitched.

Didn't go see Bewitched - nothing against Nicole Kidman (I think she's gorgeous) but to me, Elizabeth Montgomery was the only Samantha...

I am now confused, but what else is new?

Are you still confused or did that end when you went home from training?! :)

Oh. Well. I'll probably still want to see it. Love action flicks.

Good to see you, Plain.

Never saw Bewitched. Still don't plan too.

My latest must-see is "Where the Wild Things Are" - can't wait for that one! Yep - I'm a kid at heart...:w00t:

I think I want to take DD to it. She enjoys the book. The one we are NOT going to see is "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." It is NOTHING like the book and the food starts attacking and eating people! Yep, just what I want to take my 3 year old too! NOT!! It's a shame b/c she enjoys that book too.

We're going to have to go buy "Monsters vs Aliens." We saw that at the theater and she STILL talks about it! Every time she sees the ads now she says she wants to watch it.

Oh and "Snow White" is being released to stores soon too! That one hasn't been out in forever! Can't wait!

PJTP: Got my work done today. I'll drop it all back at the office in the AM after I take DD to preschool. Makes it easy since they're both in the same building! :smile:

Not taking DD to dance anymore. She barely talks about it, tho she gets up about it on that afternoon. I told her tonight that class ended and we're not going anymore and she didn't even put up a fuss. I'll call the studio this week and let them know we're not coming back.

Now that it's finally cooled off, we're hoping they'll open the forest back up to woodcutting soon (it's downed wood only, can't be standing, dead or otherwise). We need a couple of more cords and haven't been able to get out yet since it's been so hot. We only have til Nov. 30th so we'll need to get on the ball once the forest is open again. Problem is with our schedules, we only have like 1 day a week we can go! Crazy! Harder now that DD is in school! It'll work out tho. Always does!

Okay y'all. Have a great night! Off to bed!