Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my Date!

It's been so long in coming, I can't believe it's happening! I went for my surgical consult today and got the date of October 24th!!! The program that I am in requires a weight loss of 10lbs prior to surgery. I have lost some weight, but not 10lbs so I thought for sure they would defer me. I was dreading it. But they didn't even weigh me. The 24th is right around the corner -- I am so excited -- I practically danced all the way back to my car!

Congrats on the date, now you better get moving loosing the rest of the 10 lbs. My doctor actually refused to do a surgery on a woman because she had not lost enough weight. She had only lost 3 lbs and he told that wasn't enough, so he literally sent her home. The funny thing, she was a doctor as well. I don't know if that anything to do with his decision, but when I found out, you bet I lost 25 lbs before my surgery, I didn't take any chances. It was too important to me and I know for you as well.

Good Luck and

Speedy Recovery

Keep us posted.

Cindy

I never thought they'd weigh me again -- thanks for the tip. I am going to take the weight loss seriouslt now though -- I think the whole pattern will help get me ready for banded life anyways..............

Goodluck with losing the weight and your surgery

Hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery

:banana Congratulations!! I got my date also, Oct. 27. I am a little scared now, but so excited since I have been obsessed with this for months.

It does make it so "real" for so long it's been just an idea and now it's actually going to happen -- the only thing I can compare it to is having a baby -- you are preggo so long and you know the end is coming (and you want it to soooo bad) but when it does, you can't believe it's over in a flash......

Yayy! Congratulations on the date! :Bunny

You'll do great. Just keep thinking of how long you wanted this and now it's finally going to happen. I'm sure that will help you with the 10 pounds that you need to lose. If not, just "Atkins" it for 2 weeks. LOL.

Good luck to you!! :)

Hi Bandayed! I was banded in August by Dr. Schneider at BIDMC. I was weighed every time I turned around!! LOL. I was able to get in in less than a week because of a cancellation, and I had to do some fast talking and some heavy begging for him to do the surgery so soon, because I had not lost the 10 pounds. He relented, and I tried my hardest- I lost like 7 that week- I drank Atkins shakes until I thought I would croak! So if I were you...PS- I love Dr Schneider, and the whole team at BIDMC. And no, this is not a paid advertisement!