Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

True Confessions Of A LapBander

My confessions:

*I eat ice cream too often

*I do not exercise

*I am not getting enough "hard protein", and using Protein Bars instead

*I have nto scheduled my 2nd fill

I guess these aren't too bad, but I know I would lose faster if I changed just one of them!

I always drink with meals (wlyers diet)

snack to much (nuts)

Eat PB and eat again and PB

Think I need to finish all the food on the plate

Eat at night

LOL! All of the above a too much of the time. I'm trying really hard to watch the carbs right now. Not too much of a problem most of the time cuz breads don't go down well at all BUT..CHIPS?? CHEETOS? Never a problem! They go down so gooooooooood! Shame Shame!

Ok, Ill answer this while I sit at my computer desk eating Turkish Delight at 9am.

* I drink about 5 mins after I finish eating.

* Diet coke and chocolate

* Not enough exercise

* Too much snacking

* Watching the scales too much

I love this thread - sometimes I think I'm the only one with these bad habits, so it's reassuring to know I'm not alone.

1. I repeatedly eat potato chips even though they sit like lead in my stomach and hurt like He**.

2. I eat too much ice cream.

3. I eat too quickly.

4. I split a bottle of wine with my hubby about once a week.

5. I weigh myself every morning. And every night. And every time I pee. ;):)

Oh I so relate to the cookie dough thing!

My mantra is "Cookie Dough is the DEVIL". I even wrote it on my shopping list that way. Today I was in Target chanting it to myself as I walked in the valley of the shadow of the dairy aisle.

My pre-band bad habits are not exercising every day, wanting sweets, and eating way to large a portion.

Always classic.gif

Hunzi

not banded yet, but trying!

• Eating after a PB (didn't know this was a no no until I just read it on this list!)

• Sipping my husband Dr. Pepper (oh how I miss Dr. Pepper!)

• Snacking on cookie dough at 10 pm when I KNOW better then to have cookie dough in the house!

• Ocassionally taking a drink after dinner to get the taste out of my mouth

• Comparing my self to everyone that is losing faster then me and being very discouraged and down about it (hmmm... maybe if I got rid of the cookie dough I might lose faster? something for me to think about smile.gif)

I know in the future when I'm banded I will:

drink coffee straight after dinner. I dont care if it washes food through, I have no problem beating hunger at night anyway, its not a time when I eat much.

I know on occasion I will drink wine with my meals too - when out or eating with family

I know I will also occasionally choose to consume alcohol rather than food.< /p>

I will continue to consume liquid calories in the form of yogurt for Breakfast. I love yogurt.

God, I'm so glad I'm not alone! My no-no's:

1. Drinking wine with Sunday dinners at the inlaws

2. Eating way too fast and not chewing enough

3. Having a cookie or brownie about 2 times a week

4. Sharing those damn orange cheetos with my kids

5. Not exercising enough

6. Too much alcohol, period. I love red wine and margaritas! Talk about empty calories...

The people who can eat too fast or big bites probably wont be able to do that once they have reached a good restriction. I know if I ate too fast or big bites it would HURTTTT!!! So just know it wont be a bad habit you have for much longer ;) I know for the first few months before I got proper restriction I could still eat fast etc and wondered why people on here would say they could never do it. Well I know why now hehehe.

I must say my worst sin (and I rarely do it anymore) is PBing then immediately eating some more! Horrible thing to get in the practice of doing!!!

This thread rocks!

I dont eat nutritional foods...or Protein, veggies, carbs.. in that order

I eat too much junk food like cheetos, hard candy and Cookies and LITE sherbert at nighttime.

I drink way way way too much 1% milk and half the sugar grape and OJ juice.

I drink with my meals sometimes.. Sometimes I cant, it hurts.

I dont follow any rules .... just trying to think if I have kept any of them.....

I dont chew gum :) ...but thats only 'cause I hate, it not 'cause I am being good.

Bring on my first fill!!!!

I've never read this thread and didn't realize it was confession time. I'll play. My bad habit, two words:

ICE CREAM

I'm hoping that cooler weather will help me break this habit; I've been stopping almost every day for frozen yogurt after work. :)