Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much in your first year?

It's now been 4 months since I was banded and I haven't been losing much weight at all...I'm still at 129kgs which is what I was a month ago. It's hard not to get depressed about it. At my last appointment (exactly a month ago) I only got filled to 4cc in my 10ml band (he only put in .3ml). I am feeling some restriction but obviously not enough. I just really want something to look forward to - my 1yr goal was to get down to 113kgs which was my weight at my wedding 3yrs ago, so that's another 16kgs I have to lose which seems like it's taking forever.

How much weight did you lose at the end of 1yr? I need some inspiration :blink:

Pretty sure I want from 110 kg to about 82 kgs the first year and then from 82 down to 69 over the following fifteen months or so.

so.....not quite 30 in the first year.

You sound like you're having a bit of a process to get to great restriction, I found it much easier with a 4ml band, it came from the get go, and each fill just topped it up a bit. That really helped. By the end of the first year too, I was running between 6 and 10kms most days of the week and that made a huge difference.

Hang in there, its not a race and when you look back, you're really not going ot care how fast you lost it. If its stopped, its fill time, and you need to increase exercise probably too.

I lost 105 lbs in my first year. You can hit that goal. I wasn't perfect about my eating and I am much older than you. It's been going slower the last few months, but I'm still losing. The right fill makes a huge difference. You will get there.

Cindy

I lost 64 lbs in my first year. Wanted to lose more, but happy I'm not where I was.

I've lost the weight fairly slowly partly because there was a three month lag between fills at one point.

That said, by my first year anniversary (next month), I will have lost about 60 pounds. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I'll take it!

Over 110 pounds and I only have 3 ccs in a 10cc band. I had to diet and food journal.

I have to say as I approach my 1 year "bandiversary" in November, I'm very disappointed. Not in the band, but in myself. I had a personal goal of 100 pounds, but I'm not going to get there. And it is my own fault. Whatever the excuses, and we all have them, I have not done the exercise necessary to meet that goal. I do periodically eat things that are not condusive to weight loss, but exercise is the biggest problem. I know I have to make the time, but thinking and doing are different things. So, my newly banded friend, I'd say this. Follow the plan your doctor and dietician suggest. If you do what you should, you'll lose weight. If not, you won't. I've lost and I'm thrilled at that. But I haven't stuck to it as well as I should have so didn't make my goal.

Just keep on trucking. I was banded about three weeks before you. I don't understand it but there is an ebb and flow to my weightloss. I won't see any and then bam there it is on the scale!!!! It's about being consistent and attending your appointments. Slow and steady!!!!

Surgery 2/20/09. As of today, down 79 pounds. I've just come through several weeks where I was lucky if I lost a pound a week, but now this week, I've lost almost 5 pounds. Go figure! But 79 pounds is just over 7 months makes me deliriously happy since that averages out to around 10 pounds a month. Yeah, I was pretty unhappy when the scale seemed like it just wasn't moving but when that does happen, you have to remind yourself that IT'S NOT GOING UP....something we're all familiar with.

I lost 80 lbs year 1.

I have lost 57 lbs in 1 year.

Hi everyone.....I have been very pleased with my weight loss until very recently. I was banded 2-9-09, so I am about 7 1/2 months out and have lost 101 pounds! The last three weeks, I have not lost one single pound, but I have really slacked off on my exercising routines, so it's all my fault. May even be time for another fill. Got to stick with the exercising and keep up with your fills! Just stay focused, and you will reach your goal, whatever that may be! Good luck!! :blushing:

I am very disappointed in myself. I have only lost 30 lbs in my first year. It was 45 at one point but pounds are creeping back as I make poor decisions. I have to get it in gear.