Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ot Just Ordered Mineral Makeup

Mita

I just started using it in the last 3 months, I can't live without it.

Ditto what Maggie says!

I have all kinds of red spots and scars that it covers well without the shine look. The only place I don't use it is on my nose, for some reason it makes my pore holes on my nose look bigger...

Vines tell me your secret - Your eyebrows are so formed do you free hand or use those things in the store to form them??

I believe all the pix of me here, except as the Pirate Queen, my brows are au naturale... not plucked, not waxed ... Just call me Brooke Shields!

In the one with my pirate hat, those brows were designed by Christina (I'llSucceed) our last night in Vega. Just a pair of tweesers and much crying from me. ("stop wiggling or I'll poke your eye out!")

Ok girls, I'm gonna drag it back out tomorrow and try it again. I had the problem with it looking weird on my nose too Vera, so I'm gonna try applying it there with my fingers and I'll let you all know how it goes, I'll wait a bit after moisturizing, and we'll see what happens.

Kathy, the true blend stuff is very silky and light, I like everything about it, except the rub-offs. For people who can stand to powder over it, it might not be a problem. If you run a dry skin type you might absorb it better too. Don't skip trying it on my account, Walmart sells tiny trial size packs, try those then decide.

Apply it all over your face with the brush, then if your pores become visible, smear it in with your finger a little. The minerals don't clog the pores and that why they become visible, not covered. If you rub a little bit, you'll cover the pores as well.

I love my bare minerals, I've used it for almost a year now. I had a problem with cakiness and dryness at first too Kathy, but I found the secret is to practice a few times and use very small amounts of the powder because it really covers well. And all that tapping and swirling is actually necessary to get the brush accurately loaded. But it dosen't take too long once you get the hang of it and its worth it. I hate normal foundations, this stuff feels so natural and lasts forever!

I'm hanging on your every word, everyone. I'll get back to you with a report after the weekend....Project Assignment Mineral Make-up going on over here in NC. ;)

Cannot wait for mine to arrive.. So excited

Better take some before and after shots I wanna see:)

Swirl,swirl, tap-tap, buff buff! Count me in too! I cannot live without the stuff. I got the original order from an infomercial, and now I just replace my stuff with good finds on Ebay. I absolutely love it!

ok so I tried it friday, and yep it felt a lil cakey around my nose... read about lightening up the amount on the brush, tried it again last night and BINGO it works! I guess I was overloading the brush, even though it always seemed like there was so little there. It does cover redness very well. I am tan with a few "speckles" (daughter's term for freckles at 4) and it doesn't cover those, but that's ok. It stayed in place for my whole shift which from application to getting home is about 15 hours... and NO MAKEUP RUB-OFF on the phones!

I have been using mineral makeup for over a year now and will never go back to using anything else. It takes a little while to get used to and there are certain tricks to help - if you have any problems I have an answer - if I wasn't a 911 Dispatcher I'd be a makeup artist - it is my passion along with jewelry. Now I will tell you - I used Bare Escentuals for the first few months but found it to be pretty pricey - I started using Sheer Cover by Liza Gibbons - I've been using it for like a year and have the same results as I did with Bare Escentuals - now the only difference is Sheer Cover doesn't have all the extensive selection of eye shadows and every other accessory - although they do have some - just not the wide selection - now foundations and finishing powders I find no difference that's why I opt for the cheaper version - and you don't have to use ALL mineral makeup - I mainly use just mineral foundation and use my other brands of blushes and eye shadows. But I am sold customer on the benefits of mineral makeup. I sleep in mine most of the time which was one of the big reasons I was turned onto it - most of the time I was too tired to wash my makeup off before bed and would get nasty breakouts and blotchy skin. Here's a secret - although I don't do too often, but you can actually wear this stuff for 2 or 3 days straight with just touch ups in the mornings and its still there! I had to do it tonight because I was running late for work - my foundation still looked good from yesterday so I just did a quick polish with foundation & put my regular blush and mascara on for work! I can't praise it enough! Let me know if anyone has any questions! I am a makeup fanatic so if I don't know an answer I know where to find one!

OK I got the stuff and am on day 2 of trying it. I don't know what to say it is just real different from the liquid stuff. I love that I do not have the shine anymore but as far as covering my spot on the cheek and the redness around my nose base area, well they are still visiable.. I need practice more with it. I will finish the week out but I do like it cause it is so lite.

Oh yeah went to the dermatoligist appt and no my spot on the cheek is not cancer it is an age spot. Anyway she says that my body must be doing the change thing. I think it is and she wrote me a thing for some cream to try to lighten it. Will try that and see what happens.

I use the bare minerals and I have also used the mineral secrets. I just love this make up! I get compliments all the time on how glowing my skin looks. I recommended it to my friend but told her to go to an Ulta Cosmetics store and she could try before she buys. She was so glad she did. She too has dry skin like some of the other people and she didn't like the way it looked on her skin. It's great for me and I love the fact that it goes on just like loose powder.< /p>

Bubba,

Check out my post in "Recommendations for Plastic Surgeons"

I talked some about my experience w/ IPL (light therapy) on the age ("liver"--yuk!) spots on my face, chest and arms. The worst was all the mottling and spots on my forearms. I tell ya, this photorejuevenation is AMAZING!! Four weeks after my FIRST treatment they were at LEAST 70% lighter. I almost cancelled my second treatment, but decided to go ahead and go for perfection. It's only been a week now (they get darker before they get lighter the first 2-3 weeks) so I can't tell if my arms are flawless yet, but I'm betting in a couple of weeks they will be.

You might want to check this process out. Oh--I had her zap my LB scars last time also so I'll be letting ya'll know how it works for those too.

OK I got the stuff and am on day 2 of trying it. I don't know what to say it is just real different from the liquid stuff. I love that I do not have the shine anymore but as far as covering my spot on the cheek and the redness around my nose base area, well they are still visiable.

Did you get the concealer brush with it? If not - you NEED to get it. Its the absolute best brush for certain areas that need more coverage. Simply swirl tap and buff the concealer brush all over until it gets covered. Use more if it still shows - eventually you will get it covered. I also have certain red spots from broken blood vessels and old red acne scars - that's why I was so turned onto the mineral makeup. Let me know how its going. I have other suggestions for coverage that I"ve done if that one doesn't do the trick.