Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ot Just Ordered Mineral Makeup

Mita

Just ordered some Mineral makup on Ebay - Bare Escentials

Does anyone use this? Do you like it???

I think that's what's in a box under my bed...waiting to go back to my sister. I found it to be too dry looking. Caked on. But my skin is funky and ruddy so I'm sure it just isn't good for MY skin. You, Mary, have lovely smooth and even skin and a darker complexion than I do, so it might work beautifully for you.

I used to wear a liquid foundation. Now I just use a good thick moisturizer with SPF (Oil of Olay or other non-comedogenic moisturizer) and then I dab on loose powder with a round sponge. Brush eyebrows and apply a bit of under eyeliner and that's about it. My 'dressy" look adds a bit of neutral blusher (powder) and dab of neutral shadow (powder) and a bit of lipstick over lip balm. So you'd think with all that powder, I'd do great with the mineral make-up. I never watched the DVD so maybe I did something wrong?

Anyhow, good luck. Let us know how you like it!

I treated myself to some Clinique with my birthday gift certificates. I'm still milking my birthday! What's with these minerals? You mean foundation? I'm always looking for a great lip liner.

Love, the Big Ol' Birthday Ham!

I have some of the Mineral Makeup and LOVE it!!! The first time I used it I was blown away by how smooth and soft it made my skin look.

I don't use it everyday (usually because I'm just hangin out at home and don't want to waste it on that) but I love how radiant my skin looks when I do use it.

I hope you love it as much as I do. It doesn't clog your pores like traditional foundation, and doesn't feel all heavy and nasty like the thick foundations either. I'm really picky about how my face feels, and this stuff feels nice and airy and light.

Good luck and let me know what you think!!!

It doesn't clog your pores like traditional foundation, and doesn't feel all heavy and nasty like the thick foundations either. I'm really picky about how my face feels, and this stuff feels nice and airy and light.

That's what I was hoping for! I MUST have done something wrong. humph.

Kathy you are very flattering. My skin to tell you the truth is aweful. I have a pigmentaion on my left check bone area that is causing my so much grief. Try and picture the lighting bolt on Harry Potters forehead running diagnal from my outer eye area not to mention the redness I get on by my nose. I hate it thus trying to find something to conceal it all..

From the Pic I just saw of you ladies you have flawless skin and is looking mighty beautiful.

Lisa - My friend swears by the stuff and she told me about it. I saw a infamerical on one of the channels about some stuff Liza Gibbons promotes but it was more expensive. I am going to try this test size and see if I like it. It comes with foundation and concealer and bronzer and some other gleen and sheen stuff.

Any way I also have an appt on Monday with the Dermatoligist to rule out skin Cancer on my bolt look.. Just call me Ms. Frakenstien

Vines tell me your secret - Your eyebrows are so formed do you free hand or use those things in the store to form them??

I use Bare Minerals (I think that's the same thing as Bare Escentuals, but I'm not sure). It's the loose stuff in the tubs, right?

I really like it. No heavy feeling at all, and it covers up my red patchy areas nicely. It can be a little messy too if you're not careful. I made the mistake of letting my 2 year old play with my makeup bag and she unscrewed my dark brown eye makeup. What a mess!!

On no Anne - I bet that was a bear to clean up. This is powder and you mix and put on with brush. Right Now I found a foundation from Loreal that I finally like but I always get the shiny glow from any foundation that I hate having to powder myself.

Plus I still see the redness -- oh well getting pretty vain in my old age:)

I use it and love it! It's expensive, but I found if you are diligent on Ebay, you can find some pretty good deals....after you get used to using it, it doesn't take all that long to put it on....it covered flaws if you use it right. Be sure you have the good brushes, and have fun! (I am not wearing it in my avatar picture!) I guess I need a new avatar picture, since that one is almost a year old now...I'll get around to it, huh? Cindy

I have the bare escentuals make ups, and really don't care for the foundation, it makes my skin feel dry/cakey too. I do like the eye shadows, and use the shadow/liner from time to time, and I absolutely love the brushes, I use them with everything else. Maybe they work best on an oily skin type person. I tend to run on the normal to dry side. I used them after moisturizing to see if that helped, but no luck. I find my favorite makeups to be either l'Oreal or clinique. Clinique is pricier but the quality is so worth it. I have tried the new covergirl true blend base and it's pretty silky feeling when you put it on, but it tends to rub off... I get a lil grossed out at makeup smears on stuff...'specially the cell phone, ick.

My sister bought me a "trial size" which lasts for quite a long time. It had my color (fairly light), warmth and the mineral veil, one brush and a video. I can't wear makeup at work as I work in a class 1 fab so I only wear it like 1-2 days a week, but I really like it.

Kathy you are very flattering. My skin to tell you the truth is aweful. I have a pigmentaion on my left check bone area that is causing my so much grief. Try and picture the lighting bolt on Harry Potters forehead running diagnal from my outer eye area not to mention the redness I get on by my nose.

Ah, we hide our flaws well, thanks to cheeky computer pics, I guess! Suits me if you think my skin looks good! :P I have the red nose and cheeks. The dermatologist said I have Rosacea. It seems I have to agree. If I drink wine or liquor and my face flushes from the heat of alcohol, I break out and it's almost as if the very top layers of my skin on my nose, cheeks (right beside my nose) and chin get inflammed and kind of swollen? I use Metrogel (RX) a topical antibiotic if I get a flare-up and it takes care of it. I also stay away from White Russians since the half-n-half adds to my problems. I use only very gentle cleansers, no soaps, no scrubbing, or anything the least bit harsh and it's manageable.

I guess my problem with the Mineral make-up is that my skin, at least on the top layers is actually very dry. (Like Pam RN) I wish I could get the smooth even look with this stuff. Pam, I'm glad you mentioned the Cover Girl True Blend because I was tempted to try it, now I won't. I'm with you on the make-up on the phone...ewww!

Mary, your skin pigmentation makes you interesting and unique. I can understand wanting to camoflage it a bit, but don't hide from it. It makes you YOU! :)

I love bare escentuals! The secret to using this makeup is that you have to wait for your moisturizer to be completely absorbed and your skin can't feel wet/sticky when you put it on. Give it a good 15 minutes after you moisturize before you put it on. Also, don't overdo it. I cover up my cheeks well because they are very red, then I gently apply a little to the forehead, nose and chin. I also apply some on my neck. I use the thick 'full coverage' brush, so I am already getting more than necessary.

Since this makeup covers very well, your skin might look too even toned... so I always use a little blush to make it look more natural. I apply blush to my cheeks, gently a little under my eye brows, and a little bit under my chin (to hide the double chin).

With makeup, a good rule to follow is that less is more.

I love bare escentuals! Better than my $50 chanel foundation! Now I pay the $25 and smile to myself... I'm paying 50% less and getting 100% great coverage. And it lasts all day!

The Best Me, Have you tried using face scrubs for your dry skin? The skin on my nose and forehead actually starts to peel in the winter, it looks horrible. What I do is get a good face scrub, like 'Clinique Exfoliating Scrub' (not the 7 day scrub) and I apply it to wet skin in a warm shower, rub rub rub for 2-3 minutes, then let it sit while I shave my legs. It feels funny on my face when I let it sit, like my face is cold, but not a bad feeling. When I rinse it off, my skin is pink and smoothe! I apply a lot of moisturizer and go to bed. In the morning my face looks like I had a professional peel.

Maggie