Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, Hello There, Restriction!

I had my surgery in late February and have lost about 40 pounds since then. Yet, I was concerned because it seemed I never had what I thought restriction would be.

Well, that day has come. Now, I am full on less than a cup of food, particularly if it is mostly Protein. And it lasts for many hours. I don't find myself feeling hungry all the time. Now in my head, I still desire food, but physically there is no longing.

I've also discovered that the things you can do without restriction do not work when you have it. You have to chew properly and if you overeat, you are gonna pay. I like that. Nothing wrong with a little fear to reinforce the willpower.

I am trilled. I am feeling great. Thank you band! I love you.:laugh:

I hear you. I "met" good restriction on May 8 2009. :laugh:

I'm with you, Shangfan. I got my first fill yesterday and I can't believe the difference. I'm going to have to start sneaking Protein Powder into my other food.< /p>

Yes, follow the rules after a fill!! Last week I got a fill, it felt really good, now 1 week later I am having so much discomfort eating most anything. I think I start the morning pretty good, then I forget, have alittle more, because I think....I should eat now, but really I am not too hungry, so I think I eat then the pain, and it lasts for hours. I had a protien drink this morning after my coffee, that went down good. Then at noon, thinking well it's lunchtime, I tried soup...oh, no! It's still hurts, and I got down hardly anything. I need to follow the rules, eat less, leave time between, eat if you are hungry only! I hope tomorrow is better. Glad to hear the people getting their fills are being smarter than I. Good work.

Ok, here's a silly question. I think I"m almost there with my fills, this last one has me chewing very well and eating slow, but I can still eat way more than a cup. What does full feel like?

Ok, here's a silly question. I think I"m almost there with my fills, this last one has me chewing very well and eating slow, but I can still eat way more than a cup. What does full feel like?

I was told not to go for "full" but rather satisfied; that if you get FULL it is too much.

For me I am hungry, then not hungry. It is subtle.

You might want to try getting a cup of food, eating that, and then waiting a few minutes to see it you are still hungry (remember it takes a body 20 minutes to register "done now)

If you are still hungry, eat a little more.

Also I get satisfied better on Protein dense foods like steak or chicken. I can eat less of those and go longer.

I have a real problem stopping at satified. But the "bulldog" is so rabid that I don't test it and instead just stop eating.