Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning!

I found a sort of easy way to get back here. Click on your profile, then click on your posts, then click on the thread title in the last post you made here and it brings you right to where you left off. Then you can just scroll down to read any who have posted after you. A few more steps but seems to work.

I changed a bunch of settings and now the PM envelope is gone from under my avatar. Need to go find it again.

Kat, I am super, super NOT happy about the FB, twitter linking. Add me to your list of complaints if needed. I do agree w/you about missing out on some new friends. I just really don't want our conversation linked to God knows where, by God knows who. I know this is a public forum. I get that it's all over anyway but to have direct links that can go even more public just makes my skin crawl.

We are going to brine a turkey for the first time. Alton Brown on food network has one that we are going to use. We have a 12lb turkey. We are only feeding 4 of us tomorrow. DH is out on the hunt for a bucket or foam cooler to use. We forgot the jellied cranberry sauce so he has to go to the store anyway for that. I make sauce but he likes the jellied stuff for his sandwiches.

Cleaning the house and doing laundry today. My mom is coming in tomorrow night.

Jenn, nice about the new computer. Kevin is sure trying to work his way back, isn't he? It'd be nice if he'd just give up and leave you alone. Any word on the new job?

Suzie, I have a huge spur on the back of my ankle as well as another huge one on the bottom of my heel. They have to detach the tendon and peel it away from the spur to cut it off, then re-attach the tendon. That's why the 8 weeks casted and off of it. I wish it was just a matter of removing some spurs w/out having to involve the tendon. Recovery is going to be REALLY difficult! NOT looking forward to it but it will be nice not having the near constant pain! I am so glad yours went so well. Makes me feel better about mine!!

Anyone talk to Debbie? I'm wondering if she's having a hard time finding us like I did. I need to hook up with her on FB.

Well, the dang house isn't cleaning itself. Better get to it. Well, after a visit to FB! LOL!!!

Oh and this site takes a HUGE amount of time to load now and it just sucks the life outta my battery!!!!!! HATE, HATE, HATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the fudge made and cut up and put in a pretty tin. I'll be glad when it is out of the house later today.

I'm a huge advocate about my band and have no qualms talking to anybody about it. When someone ask me a question, I take the time to explain it and how it works and how much I love it. Having said that, I don't go around wearing a neon sign on my head stating that I have a band. I come here because you all know how I feel about my band and what we go thru with it. I find comfort in sharing with you guys my trials and errors. But on Facebook it is a different story. More then half of the people on there don't know I have a band. If and when they find out, I will be more then willing to chat with them. But I would really appreciate it if someone would not link me to there from here. I think that is my decision and not some person that stops by and reads something and then tries to post it on FB. I do hope that they get that fixed so it is one less thing for me to worry about.

The weather has changed her. Rain and grey skies. 45 degrees and the temps are falling. It's supposed to be in the low 20's in the morning. Kinda wish I was cooking a bird. Keep my house a little warmer. Glad that I will be having the fireplace going all day.

Off to work, se you all this evening.

Plain???????????? Did we lose him in all of this mess????

Michelle, the little envelope is not under my name either. But it is under all of your names. Also if this helps out any, I save this page as a "Favorite". That way I just pull up my favorites and link it from there. It takes me right back to the last place I clicked on favorites. So occasionally I readd it to my favorites.

Michelle, the little envelope is not under my name either. But it is under all of your names. Also if this helps out any, I save this page as a "Favorite". That way I just pull up my favorites and link it from there. It takes me right back to the last place I clicked on favorites. So occasionally I readd it to my favorites.

Sorry to quote you. Suze. I just tried to reply to this thread and this is what it gave me. I know I'm late to the party on this new layout, but CRAP! This is horrible. It took me 30 minutes to even find the thread....then it didn't "remember" where I left off reading, so when I clicked on "last unread post", or whatever, it took me all the way to Tracy's post #1. Ugh. I think I'm out on this!! Please feel free to contact me on fb, though!

Oh Plain. I hate to see you leave. But I do understand. If it wasn't roke, why fix it. I didn't have a problem with the old version.

I left work early tonight. Turned the lights out and locked the doors. In the 3 hours I had 3 customers, so at 5:30 I cleaned up and shut the computer down and left. I'll tell my Boss monday when I see her. She won't have a problem with it. No sense in paying someone to just sit there.

Now it's home to a nice warm cozy house. Hubby ran the sweeper while I was gone. He knows the way to my heart. To late to start a fire so I wil just turn my blanket on and cuddle in front of the tv.

Sorry to quote you. Suze. I just tried to reply to this thread and this is what it gave me. I know I'm late to the party on this new layout, but CRAP! This is horrible. It took me 30 minutes to even find the thread....then it didn't "remember" where I left off reading, so when I clicked on "last unread post", or whatever, it took me all the way to Tracy's post #1. Ugh. I think I'm out on this!! Please feel free to contact me on fb, though!

I will try to find you through Kat or Tracy's and send a request. I hate this new layout.sad.gif

Piece of shit site, just ate my post.....when I had 3 letters left to type! I cannot type the things I said!

Will cut to the chase.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you know you all rank very high in the things I am thankful for. I would be lost without your friendship and insight. I hope your holiday tomorrow is everything you are hoping for. Tracy hold your head high, and if anyone says anything to you about your sisters email, just tell them you forgave her and let them wonder what she did~!!

Hugs to you all. Maybe I will try again to post my other stuff----it seriously pisses me off!

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Right now I'm missing the fact that we won't be having turkey and all the trimmings today. But that's ok, I'm thankful to be feeling a whole lot better.

Not much going on today here. It's bitterly cold out so I'm re-thinking going to church at 9am. The rest of the day will be football and movies.

I hope everyone has a safe travel today and a wonderful day.

Tracy, take our love with you today and shine like crazy.

I am not going to be near my sisters today. We are going to franks dads today. I do not have to worry about being around my sister for another month.

It will still be a tad bit strange being around the inlaws but i think it will all go well.

I lost a post too yesterday. I had told Michelle she is right about my sister being a _itch. :lol:

Have a great thanksgiving friends :grouphug:

forgive me father for I have sinned....the food was tasty and plentiful :D

oh my, what a wonderful day. The inlaws were great. Everybody was so welcoming. I missed my mom today but i spoke with her on the phone this morning.

Hope you all had a joyous thanksgiving! Tomorrow is a new day. :P

Tracy, so glad to hear that you had a great day. I know you were stressed over your sister, now she has to live with what she did.

Hubby and I had a real nice sit down dinner. It's was fun to see him eat so much. Made me feel good that he enjoyed my cooking. I did pretty good with my eating and all went down just fine. But tomorrow is a new day and I'm back to the losing side again.

No shopping for me tomorrow but I do want hubby to get me out for a little bit. Wish I could get out for a long walk. But a nice little drive will have to do.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Sure wish the other girls would find us. I'm missing everyone posting. Does anyone have a way of getting a hold of Deb?

forgive me father for I have sinned....the food was tasty and plentiful :D

oh my, what a wonderful day. The inlaws were great. Everybody was so welcoming. I missed my mom today but i spoke with her on the phone this morning.

Hope you all had a joyous thanksgiving! Tomorrow is a new day. :P

I was thinking about you and I am glad your day went well. Our food was good and I am surprised I didn't get sick. I ate a small saucer of dressing when it came out of the oven and almost ate it too fast. I realized this morning. I had not eaten since Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday I only had 6 vanilla wafers.

Happy Thanksgiving all

well it is at least nice to see that I can change my font, color and size

Tracy - I'm so glad your day went well - :)

Kat - I hope you had a nice day, that was such a short post - you must be pissed

Suzanne, I'm going to Dick's when I get up to get some underArmor and that is it.

Michelle, Cindy, Deb, and all our welcomed new comers... HI :)

I'm not going anywhere but I do agree with everyone, this site is frustrating as heck

I'm going to head to bed, tomorrow I'm getting my tree up and going to curl up on the recliner in my room, have a nice little fire, a little music and my computer and take a few practice test so I know where I need to study for my state test. I'm getting a little anxious and need to focus