Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good evening!!! DH and I have had a great relaxing day!! We stayed in our pj's until about 11:30. Then we went to downtown Chattanooga to see The Social Network. It was so good! And then he took me to this Mongolian restaurant. It's called Genghis's Grill. You go put your raw food, veggies and seasoning into a bowl, pick your sauce. Then they cook it for you with your choice of rice or noodles. Oh my gosh, it was amazing!!!!!!! Well, now we are home with our dogs. And waiting for Dexter to come on tonight. That's the one show we do not ever miss.

I hope everybody set their clocks back, and had a great day!!!

Grocery shopping tomorrow....oh what joy. haha

Thinking I might live afterall. My chin is sore as hell, I hit it on the coffee table as I went out. Stood up too fast for as dehydrated as I was, and went back down, considerably faster than I went back up. chin and elbow connected with the coffee table.

I have been drinking all day. Water, tea, 7-up. Just decided to try something (LOL, I have to confess, I typed someone, and had to backspace to make it something!!) more substantial, so what did I try? A mini Twix. Even it did not taste great. Rick said he would cook when he gets home. I don't think I am interested.

Watching these people drive on the worlds worst roads---they average a death every 4 minutes on these roads??? IRT Deadliest Roads. They are crazy, I couldn't do it! I can drive big rigs.....across a parking lot anyway! I can drive tractors, and combines, and things such as that, have pulled several trailers, even BIG ones, but no way, no how for no amount of money would I attempt those roads---no way.

Took a shower, got some ibuprofin down, feel better.

Got all but one clock changed, and it is a large pendulem type on the wall. Rick has to take it down for me, and put it back up, I don't have enough arm strength for it! LOL

Poor Izzy, she keeps going to get her leash. She is put out about not walking for 2 days now! She likes to go walking too! She lay in the back yard and chewed her bone for awhile, I had the house too hot for her I think. It was boring for her, but nice for me to have the company! LOL selfish I know!

BBL......

Kat-I hope tomorrow you feel good as new. Be careful! The last thing you need is a cast!

Ashley-We have a genghis grill here but I have never been. I hear it is really good!

Hi Jenn & Suzanne....I seeeee y'alllllll :smile2:

Hey ANGELA...I just caught myself posting your name for ashleys personal. So, I have you on the brain again. By the way, that cake for Zack looked to die for!

Edited by TracyK
had to correct an ashley to angela lol

Home from Church and getting caught up on Football.

Someone brought all the makings for Taco salad. We weren't going to eat but ended up eating anyway. It tasted so good. So when I got home I put dinner away. We'll eat it tomorrow.

I got the front hall closet cleaned out today. Wanted to make sure that all of our winter stuff was ready to go. I certainly don't need anymore mufflers. Got out coats all lined up. Tomorrow I think I will work on the linen closet and get it in order.

Kat, I hope you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling so much better.

Happy Birthday Zach. Hope it was a nice one.

Hi y'all!

Well I played today. A friend took me to the hospital--she went to visit her boyfriend. We saw a former coworker there who told us that her boyfriend, who is also a former coworker, was there having his gallbladder removed.

When the guy showed up at1:00 I introduced him to my friend. When we went up to see her boyfriend I asked her if she thought it was all about this dude, and she said yes. He talked about the places he'd played. You know how you mention in passing that so-and-so did such-and-such. Well, I just mentioned the fact that he'd gotten some kind of award, and he just sort of took off.

What was really good for me was just before I stopped playing, my friend said that people were leaning over the balcony listening, and others were walking by, nodding and smiling, and that doesn't include those who came up to tell me how much they enjoyed the music. I've been told the other pianist looks up whenever someone passes.

As far as I'm concerned, I got the prime spot to play; the lobby seems to empty out after 1:00. So thank you all for making me feel like I did the right thing.

Tracy, congratulations on losing that pound. Yeah, you're on the move again for sure!

Kat, I'm glad you're on the mend! Being sick really bites the big one!

Suzie, you're always a busy little bee! You take care of yourself

Michelle, we're supposed to get a storm tomorrow, on the way to work. Maybe it's the same one. Feel better.

Jenn, I hope you ate some pizza for me! Happy birthday to Zack. (I hope that's right.) :smile2:.

Angela, sorry Mike has to work. Hope your day was good anyway. :)

Ashley, sounds like you had a great Sunday. That's what they're for!

Plain, I miss you.

Hi to anyone else I missed.

Have a good night everybody.

Debbie!

Be careful around Lee, AND his family----he has had a lifetime to make them his followers.

Hmmmm....that's kinda profound.

And I feel like Jacque (my employee) should have came to me if she thought someone was coming in (since I own the store), and not have gotten Lee involved.

Well of course that's what she should have done. But....if Lee really is a manipulator, then he might have been subtly prepping Jacque for awhile now ("Aw, don't bother her, call me instead. I live closer, I can handle trouble better, I can be there way before the police respond", etc). Of course, this is all speculation, but, you know....manipulative people can be persuasive.

Probably Lee has the best of intentions in all of this, BUT ....bottom line is, it's not his business and he should butt out.

I know I have a lot of emotional baggage concerning marriage, but (just my own shaded opinion here) I think that if you're fighting for your marriage, then fight. Sometimes there is no room for "family friends".......sometimes there isn't room for family. Personally, I would suck it up and tell Lee that you're working on your marriage and to give y'all some room. Then I'd tell my mom that you're working on your marriage and right now it's too fragile to have Lee or his family anywhere near it. If she insists on having Lee over for Thanksgiving, maybe you and Jason could come over a day later and share leftovers or something? But my gut says at some point, you can't make everybody in this conflict happy, and at some point you're going to have to have priorities.

Next week is my grown up toy party, so that will be another fun night

!! You have my attention now !! :)

Deb-sounds like the guy may have heard how well YOU play and is a tad jealous. Way to go for not giving in!

I agree. Way to metaphorically kick his ass, Deb!

Plain, I miss you.

What? That's the first time a lady has told me that since December '09 :thumbup::biggrin:

Excellent advice for Ashley IMHO Plain. I know with my past I am uber paranoid, but ya know, it is better safe than sorry.

And Plain, I bet more people miss you than you would ever begin to realize. I'd bet ya anything! I am that sure of it.

I put the dog out while waiting for my ride to Breakfast to see my Uncle off, and she is barking her damn head off, she knows I am still here. I am ready to pop her one!

Speaking of ride....bbl

Thank you, Plain!! That really was some good advice. Lee and his family have already been invited for Thanksgiving. I feel so bad talking to my mom about possibly not having them over. They've celebrated Thanksgiving with us for a long time now.

Well, DH's snoring has made us sleep in separate beds for the past 4 nights. I even got those Breathe Right strips. They didn't work. Any suggestions????

Have any of you bought the Kinect for Xbox360? DH and I bought one. Oh my gosh...that thing is a work out! He bought some fighting game called "Uncaged" or something like that. I thought what the heck, I'm going to play. Oh my gosh....My heart was racing!!!!! It was an insane work out!!!

Well, off to eat lunch and do laundry!!

Good morning!

Ashley...I sympathize with the snoring!!!! I have slept with earplugs on for almost 10 years now. Seriously!! It was tolerable when he (hubby) had lost 80 + lbs. but now that he has gained it back...well, I sometimes have to "start" on the couch and then make my way to bed when I am good and tired (or have already fallen asleep). Don't know what to tell you...hubby gets irritated that I am not in the bed either but ya know? I have to get some sleep too!!

Thank you guys for the wishes for Zach. He had a blast. The little girl in the pic on Facebook and Zach have known each other for almost two years now. They refer to each other as "besties" but sitting there watching them....?? She is a year younger and wants to "date" him when she gets to high school next year. LOL...they really like each other and as a parent, I can REALLY appreciate them taking it slow!

I pulled out all the Christmas totes yesterday. I counted 10. When did that happen? Alot of it is stuff from years ago but I love it. I usually complain about the stores rushing Christmas in way before I am ready. This year I really want to set it up early so I can enjoy it! LOL...flip, flop I am!

Have a good one!

Angela

Ashley, years ago I went with my sister's to a ball tournament for my niece. That meant we had t share a room at the motel. Well, my older sister was horrible. None of us got any sleep. So we went to Wal-Greens and bought some stuff that you spray in the mouth. Seriously, We had to check several times to see if she was even breathing, she was so quiet. I don't remember the name of it but it was a spray. I think they also had drops.

Hubby and I mowed the lawn and got all of the leaves taken care of. We ran the leaf blower for a long time. My nose was so clogged with guck.

Came in and took a sponge bath and washed my hair. Now I have to dry it.

Doing nothing for the rest of the day, maybe. I still want to get the linen closet done. Maybe I'll do it while hubby is taking his nap.

Snoring...omg....the best advice I can give is fall asleep before your dh does. That is what I have to do and if by chance I don't fall asleep first, I wake HIM up to make him stop snoring. Or, if all else fails, if you can sleep to music, put in your ipod/mp3 player. :)

What? That's the first time a lady has told me that since December '09 :):biggrin:

Just like a man to need his ego stroked...I MISS YOU PLAIN WHEN YOU AREN'T AROUND!:tt2:

Have any of you bought the Kinect for Xbox360? DH and I bought one. Oh my gosh...that thing is a work out! He bought some fighting game called "Uncaged" or something like that. I thought what the heck, I'm going to play. Oh my gosh....My heart was racing!!!!! It was an insane work out!!!

I want the Kinect, because I does look like a lot of fun, but my son wants the Halo Reach Bundle, so the Kinect add on will have to wait.

Snoring...omg....the best advice I can give is fall asleep before your dh does. That is what I have to do and if by chance I don't fall asleep first, I wake HIM up to make him stop snoring. Or, if all else fails, if you can sleep to music, put in your ipod/mp3 player. :thumbup:

I would try sleeping before him, but he goes to bed by 7!!! So...I do the "honey, you are snoring" tap numerous times till he rolls over or just stops. Eventually I go to sleep.:thumbup:

Well, today I had my central office formal observation. They come in and watch you teach for an hour and go through the process folio that has all the lesson plans and assessments. It went really well, so I feel better knowing that is out of the way for the year. Now, I just get observed by the principal and asst principal. :thumbup:

I am tired and would love to go to bed, but I want to watch DWTS. Bed will have to wait, I guess. Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Well, if I was ging to blow it, I could see me doing it eating roasted marshmallows. Love those things. But you know what? It's done and over with and you will be fine. Learn from this mistake.