Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Well, I checked my control pannel and it says I haven't created any albums, so I'm not sure where my pictures are, but Marissa assured me they're there.

:cursing:

Debbie

Deb, I will PM you my name and info for Facebook.

We took the dog walking again tonight, did a couple of miles, it is really dropping off temperature wise, it is supposed to start raining tomorrow, snow down to 8500 feet.....so in the mountains around us.....yuck! Leaves are still in the trees here, beautifully colored, but still in the trees, so no snow hopefully. Has happened before, broke all kinds of limbs and such.

Today I was driving home, and crossed the river, and the trees are gorgeous, bright, bright yellow and gold, and vivid red---and just at the time I was looking at them a large V formation of Canadian geese flew over....guess there is no denying winter is coming!

We got chilled on our walk, come home and made us each one of the Carrot Cake drinks we discovered on our trip to Sturgis. Warmed up, and now I am pleasantly sleepy and headed to bed!

I will be going to cut both Dads hair after work tomorrow, so will check in when I can!

Quick Good morning all

I stayed up way too late, or should i say early this am. I think I need a nap when i get home

Debbie - I'm going to pm you too, and look for your pics later

Kat - what is in that drink again??? sounds yummy

Today is day 2 of healthy eating. I decided after suiting up and playing with the firedept last night I need to get my butt back on the elliptical. I can't wait until class is over so I can sleep.< /span>

have a wonderful...

Good morning!

Healthy eating? What is that? Y'all are so much more disciplined than I am. I must get with the program.

Deb- I didn't see before and afters, but your profile pic looks great!

I think my best friend from high school and I have decided to leave our husbands at home and go to our high school reunion together. She said a guy we were friends with contacted her on Facebook to see if we were going. She told him if we decided to go, it would be as a couple...I told her that would give them something to talk about. We can't help but stir things up. I asked her what the "dress code" was and she said she didn't quite care, she was wearing jeans. I love her and her attitude. She had cancer a few years ago and lives each day to its fullest.

Have a good one, my dears!

Good morning everyone~

I am hurting this morning. Nothing major, just maybe slept wrong, i hope.

I can not remember anything that I read on here other than Kat having a carrot cake drink. I will reread everything and post later.

:cursing: Have a great day!

Morning. No gym this morning, we are gonna go meet my friend at the lake and do the big walk there. Now they are calling for rain on Saturday. Hope I don't catch a cold.

I ended up working a double shift yesterday. My boss had a meeting to go to so I took her hours.

Jenn and I were thinking the same last night I fixed popcorn also then watched a movie.

Kat, my sister has one of those chairs. I never sit in it because being as tall as I am, it is hard to get out of. The front dips down and you really have to push yourself up. She complains about the chair all the time. So it looks like I will be taking her shopping soon for a new chair.

Cindy, sounds like you two will have a good time that night. I like when my friends and I act that way.

Good morning!

Love the pic, Debbie! I will pm you my Facebook info as well.

I love your new pic as well Tracy! That hair color suits you.

Cindy, I love hanging with friends like that! The crazier...the better!!!!

Well, phooey on you guys and your fall weather! I think we are getting up to 92-ish today. I am not sure what happened to our cool air, but I am raising a stink!!

My guts still hurt. I am on day 2 of liquids to see if I can find my happy place again :). I walked and walked yesterday at the beach. Then I came home and grabbed Mike and the dog and walked some more. One "step" at a time, right?

Have a good one,

Angela

Angela, sorry about the high temps. We're supposed to get rain off and on for the next week with pretty low temps on a couple of days. I love this weather!

Kat, thank God for the all-clear on your dad. Great news!

Debbie, there is one picture on your profile page. I like it. I'll look for you on FB.

Suz, have a great walk!

Cindy, reunion sounds like fun!

Tracy, hope you feel better soon.

Terri, glad you checked in! I'm stuck too and it's my own damn fault.

Jenn, good job on your healthy eating days. Try to get some sleep! LOL!

Hi Plain!

As for me, I feel icky! Gonna spend the day on the couch. :) I've got to get at least a little better by Friday b/c DD has a b-day party to go to in the city that afternoon at Chuck E Cheese's. She is so flippin' excited. She's never been there and has been seeing the ads lately. She can't wait! I even have coupons for extra tokens. Don't know what that entails but guess we'll find out! She'll want to play everything, I'm sure!

We spent the majority of the afternoon yesterday, outside in the yard. DH was working on the firewood stuff while he burned some brush from our downed tree and just generally getting some things cleaned up. Got the kennels in place. We can start using them but only during the day as they don't have a roof yet. We worry about a mtn lion getting in the kennels with no roof if they're out at night right now. They also need a roof for rain/snow. BUT I can start using them now during the day when I'm gone.

Anyway, while we were out, we'd left the kitchen door open and we were going back and forth and such. Finally decided to come in and start dinner and for some reason, I looked up at the ceiling as I came in. OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!! :w00t: The entire ceiling, tops of the curtain valances were COVERED in flies!!!!!! I'm trying NOT to freak out! I move to go to the eating nook and that ceiling is covered as well as the chain for the light fixture. I keep moving and the entry ceiling is covered. The living room ceiling has more as well as the dining room ceiling! Our bedroom only had 1 fly. I shut that door so more wouldn't go in!

I have never seen anything like it! We don't usually have a fly problem but this year the house flies and those little natty flies that you see swarming horses eyes and such have been horrible this year! I leave the doors open all the time and have NEVER seen anything like this before!

I'm all "hell NO! I'm NOT cooking with all these flies over MY head and MY food!!!" Geez, creep me out! So DH and I get the house vacuum and his shop vac out and start trying to vacuum them up. Of course they fly when you do that but we set up a fan in the archway of the LR and faced it towards the front door, re-open the kitchen door and most of them left or got vacuumed up. We still have some in the house but it's manageable and thank goodness they don't have a long life expectancy. I'll [reluctantly] put up with this number as long as it's not the amount that was in here when we started!!!! <shudder>

Flies to me are like ants or roaches, in some cases you can't do a whole lot about them, they'll come in whether you like it or not but they just seem so dirty to me! Yuck! We have these things called mtn roaches and they come out of the trees and in the spring, they swarm. Well, these guys are attracted to LIGHT! They get in the house and it just about sends me over the edge! They aren't regular kitchen roaches but still. UGH! We also get the ant swarms in the kitchen as the summer goes long and it gets drier and drier. They come in looking for Water so we find them all over the sink or the dogs' water bowl. Ew!!!

Anyway, to have the ceilings, literally, completely covered was just about beyond what I can stand!! Thank God DH was home. NOT leaving the doors open anytime soon!!!! YUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, now that I've grossed you all out... have a great day!

Michelle, a few years ago we had a miller/moth invasion. EVERYWHERE you went they were there, the night was horrid---they flew in your face, and your hair--which totally freaks me out! Before they hatch they are like a small caterpillar, wormy looking thing, and Rick said location would look like the ground was moving, it was so thick with them. One of the guys told him you could not kill them hardly, so he showed them, he took a ziplock filled it with a handful of the larvae---and took it to work and put it in the freezer. A couple of days later they took it out, let it thaw and the things began moving!!! GROSS!!!!

One year on a trip we drove through upper Utah, and there were so many beetles on the road, they were using blades to clear the hiway, you could hear them crunching under the tires. There were flashing signs warning motorcylcists to not travel the roads! It was the grossest thing I have ever seen bug wise!!!

Have fun at Chuck E. Cheese! I don't mind the place myself---play with the kids, it is ok. food is not the greatest, which keeps me from gorging!

Saw Terri at work this morning----she has done her civic duty and voted!!! LOL

Just come home, having some left over ham for lunch, then off to give both Dads haircuts. I really want to do nothing, but.....life beckons!

Suzie, I really want to take Izzy down to the river walk and walk there while it is so pretty, and I want to go riding....but working 6 days a week right now cramps those wanna do things!

Well I want to get the boys Halloween box ready to send---I will talk to all of you in awhile!

How did I miss a drunk post???

Kat - glad mom is doing better and dad is clear

off to shower, the only heat I'll get tonight :(

??:)

Jenn-wish i could help you out with the warming up situation but that is not how i roll, so.... LOL j/j :)

That is how I roll!!

My friend Marissa uploaded my before and after pictures for me. She started an album, so I guess you can click on my profile--I'm sure you all know how, and you can see me. I'm so happy--I've been wanting this since forever!

Yay! I'm going to go peek!!

It's raining off and on here, and I like it.

I love, love, love the rain.

My friend also set me up on face book, but it's going to take me some time to figure things out. Right now it's pretty confusing, but I'm hoping to get the hang of it.

Yes!! You'll find a lot of us on there.

Deb, I will PM you my name and info for Facebook.

I'll do the same thing, Deb.

I think my best friend from high school and I have decided to leave our husbands at home and go to our high school reunion together. She said a guy we were friends with contacted her on facebook to see if we were going. She told him if we decided to go, it would be as a couple...I told her that would give them something to talk about. We can't help but stir things up. I asked her what the "dress code" was and she said she didn't quite care, she was wearing jeans. I love her and her attitude. She had cancer a few years ago and lives each day to its fullest.

I had a blast at my 20th HS reunion. I also had a blast last Saturday when I "crashed" another reunion.

Hi Plain!

Hi Michelle! You might want to down a couple of shots before you attempt Chuck E. Cheese!! :w00t:

Chuck E Cheese....is fantastic until....ticket redemption time at the junk counter where it cost an obscene amount of tickets for a TINY plastic snake or tiny ball. First you get to wait for all the kids ahead of you to make the biggest decision of their life, then when it is finally your turn, and you are wishing you could just talk your child into getting something better at Walmart or target and they holler "no no no mom please no, I will hurry, I promise", you get to stand there and wait to let YOUR dd browse the junk there and make what seems to be the most important decision in their life. Then you finally make it to the car, bow your head, and thank the dear Lord for letting you survive the trip.

Other than that, I like Chuck E cheese. Oh, bring Advil or Tylenol.

So..I have to ask. How do I join in on this lovely conversation?

So..I have to ask. How do I join in on this lovely conversation?

Just jump on in....welcome :)

We have a great group of people in here and we talk about anything and everything.

Hi everybody, It has been a really busy past few days. I'm happy to say I have been eating like a bandster without much difficulty. Once I decided that I was in it for the long haul and not a quick fix, I don't make what I'm eating (or not eating) the focus of my entire day. Oddly it makes staying on track so much easier.

Tracy, glad things worked out well with your in-laws. I too, have had in-law issues. Long story, get into another time.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Shar :)

Hey yall! I guess since I've never posted in this thread before I should introduce myself.

I'm Ashley from Cleveland, TN! I've been married to my husband for a little over a year. We had a very very rough 1st year of marriage, but I decided to give him one last chance. And things have been AMAZING! I go to school full time (but I'm taking this semester off), majoring in Business: General Management. I am also going to get my MBA. And to top it off, I own my own ladies shoe boutique, which I love! I have 2 wonderful dogs: a Boxer and a Yorkie. They are our children...that is until we have our first little one (which we are trying for).

Thanks for letting me join in on the conversation!!!