Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good morning friends~

Cindy I wish there were something I could say to ease your pain. Just know you have us to lean on anytime. :eek:

Angela-it was one of those days huh? :smile:

Kat-i LOL at Kinseys ad. :eek: too cute.

Jenn-i am glad you are checking into PT. You need to be in tip top shape when you come to TX :(

Debbie-I thought the same thing Michelle did about you walking on the top of a building. Some things just scream "don't do it" and that HAS to be in the rule book of things NOT to do. lol I hope Ariane is better today.

Suzanne-you are gonna ROCK at the 5K. You are awesome :smile:

Michelle-I lol at your dh calling you 6 times. SO, now I know that my dh is not the only one that does it. For crying out loud he will even call me from our driveway before he leaves...LOL Aggrevating, but gotta love 'em, right?!

All~today dh started back to work and I am glad because it is easier for me to eat right when he is gone. He is my partner in crime when it comes to anything fun, including eating poorly. I weighed today, and I was +1 but that could easily be Water weight. I will keep on keeping on. Maybe it will go back down by the end of this week. :sad:

Have a great day everyone!

wow....2nd day in a row that my post has been at the top of a new page....i feel so special hahahahaha

Good morning!

Naw, Tracy, it wasn't a bad day at all. We just felt the need...lol!

Debbie, I am 'fessing up too. I didn't like the sound of you being on top of a building either, lol!

Your poor roomie! I hope she is feeling better and better with every day that passes.

Michelle, I am keeping you in my prayers. I hate to hear you are in pain. Your daughter is a cutie pie (on fb)!!

Jenn! I am glad you are going to a PT. Take care of yourself!

Suzie, I wish it was still cool here. We are back to summer temps. I just rearranged my closet last weekend moving my summer clothes to the back. DANG IT!! It is soooo nice to walk in the brisk coolness that is fall (or is "suppose" to be fall, lol). Enjoy your 5K! That is awesome.

Hiya Plain!!! We are watching you tooooooooo!!!!!!

I have lost 6 lbs. since my fill. I can really feel this one. I guess that is to be expected after having nothing for a while. I have been proud of my eating (well, except for last night...and it wasn't too terrible either).

At dinner, while gabbing with my husband and son, I managed to lodge a chip somewhere between the bottom of my throat and my band. It HURT! Really, really hurt!! It never seemed to move. I slept on the couch for a while sitting up to see if it would help. This morning I don't feel it, but my chest feels sore. Guess that will teach me. Or maybe I should say, "When will I ever learn?". I am on self-imposed liquids today. Hopefully this soreness will pass soon. Anyone ever experience anything like that??

As I posted on Facebook, I caught my son listening to some rough music. I have noticed a couple of post on his facebook too that I am not impressed with. He will be 15 in a little under 3 weeks so I am treading lightly but with a firm message.

I was sneaking around listening to the same junk around his age so....??

Lord give me strength!

Make it a good one...

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

PS... Plain - nice to see ya' back... I can see you are a bit of a trouble maker aren't you???

Why yes....yes I am.

Plain, I hope that just because you're on face book, it doesn't mean we'll see less of you! You're fun to have around, so don't forget where you live! :( And I'm going to be watching you, too!

Deb, are you kidding? I'm here for awhile!!

Hiya Plain!!! We are watching you tooooooooo!!!!!!

Then I should prolly go ahead & get that shower I've been putting off.:smile:

Stay away from the Peanut Butter pumpkins??????

A lady at work was telling me that Hershey's has a pumpkin Kiss. I've been looking for them but thankfully I haven't found them, and hope I don't.

Suzanne, I bought the pumpkin kisses this weekend because I love pumpkin and thought they would have chocolate also. But they were odd. No chocolate taste at all. Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this. Ate 4 of them then left the bag at my friends house for her DH. I know if I would have taken them with me I would have picked at them until the bag was empty!

Maybe I will get the hang of eating better........... :cursing:

whew, I have spent most of the morning (off and on since I'm supposed to be working shhh lol) catching up on posts. My prayers to those of you that are dealing with parent issues. My Dad has Parkinsons and is not doing very well and I'm so worried about my Mom taking care of him by herself. I live 9 hours from them and it just kills me sometimes.

Kat, loved your story about Kinsey's political endorsement lol. So cute! And congrats on the new dog. We are dog people and have 3 of the little critters and DDs 2 for another month. Can you say dog hair? ?? EVERYWHERE! oh well, good thing they are so cute.

Tracy you are doing fantastic! I know you may not feel like it at times, but you are such an inspiration! We only fail when we stop trying. We can do this!! :cursing:

I've been bouncing around the same 3-4 pounds for several weeks now. It's my own fault tho, I'm falling back into the picking habit. I just pick at easy to eat foods throughout the day instead of sitting down to eat a real meal. Falling back into bad habits is so easy! I've got to start spending more time here because without the support this will never work.

ok back to work now, something has gone wrong out on location and DH is about to blow...... ughh

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Hey Terri---call me and after election we will get together!

Angela, doncha know we look forward to drunk postings, it gives us something to giggle about for months!!

Kids that age are so hard, they HAVE to be hard edged enough to fit in without being the target of ridicule or bullying, but where to draw that line, and even when you do draw it, it gets erased and redrawn the next day! You just have to pick your battles. It may make you cringe, but in the overall view of things it is a non issue. My DD did all the things they refer to as a cowardly rebellion. Back when the girls were shaving the lower half of their hair, she was all over it...I let her cut it short---she could put it up and school and fit in, and let it down and go to dinner with the grandparents, and not look strange to them! Then she pierced her tongue---same thing, unless she was flashign it, no one knew---that was one of our serious battles, the guy who pierced her did so on a minor! I did not close him down which was my first inclination. She admitted to lying to him....like he did not know? But.....we agreed, she kept the ring a silicone ball, and small guaged---oddly enough she loved it while we were at odds over it, then when we reached an agreement over it, she took it out within the month!

I seriously disliked some of her friends, some just because they were snobby---I kept my mouth shut over them. Then when the bad news ones come along, it wasn't like I had been complaining of everyone she hung with!

She did great in school, and I had no complaints whatsoever from teachers. She graduated a year early, with honors----it was just me she gave grief to apparantly!

Good Luck, teen years are challenging! But they are also lots of fun, and you occasionally get to see the lessons you worked so hard to teach them show through!

Debbie, if they gave your friend 600 mg Motrin, it is just Ibuprofin. She can get it OTC. I know Ricks last pain Rx was 800mg. Motrin, which was going to be $15.00 co pay. Uh....he just took 4 OTC, and when he told his PCP that, he said it was fine, she should probably ask her Dr. to be on the safe side, I am not a Doc, but know what we took!! LOL

My Mom is much better today, actually come out and voted, walked in. Then they went to town, and saw Dad's Dr. the biopsy he had done is clear----they were concerned he may have cancer of the tongue---but it wasn't. Thank You God! Then they went and bought Mom a new chair!! LOL

Well I better get busy. Rick wants Breakfast for dinner.....so going to get some potatoes cooked to make hasbrowns easier!! See y'all in awhile....

Hello All

I am home for a few

Have been trying really hard today, have had about 1100 cals today and 50g Protein,

I'm trying so very hard

I'm going to make some ham and cheese Soup, try to shrink my band - my belly is way bloated and I don't know why, my belly is very puffy - I just want it to go away. I'm going to get rid of my 8lbs then get a fill, then my last 20

So how are you all doing?

I'm going to take a quick shower and get myself ready for drill...

VERY COLD here... I need someone to warm me up

How did I miss a drunk post???

Kat - glad mom is doing better and dad is clear

off to shower, the only heat I'll get tonight :cursing:

Jenn-wish i could help you out with the warming up situation but that is not how i roll, so.... LOL j/j :cursing:

Hi everyone~I about to bring macy to girl scouts but i wanted to stop by here first and say hello.

Terri-thank you and yes ma'am, we sure can do this. :cursing:

Have a great night everyone.

Jenn-wish i could help you out with the warming up situation but that is not how i roll, so.... LOL j/j :cursing:

Thanks for the offer LMAO

I do have lots of friends who do roll like that, but like I tell them, I like guy parts way too much :huh2:

So I'm home from drill, finished my popcorn and have a sip of drink left and heading to bed

night all

Hi!

My friend Marissa uploaded my before and after pictures for me. She started an album, so I guess you can click on my profile--I'm sure you all know how, and you can see me. I'm so happy--I've been wanting this since forever!

Don't worry, y'all, no more walking on the roof, though I have been tempted.

I didn't go on the treadmill tonight because I got home a little later than I'd hoped.

thanks everyone, Ariane is doing better. I don't think she's going to get the Motrin, I think she's just going to stick to the Advil. She could probably take three of those and get the same effect? But she says her pain is much better and the swelling has gone down quite a lot, so she's just going to stay off her feet as much as she can.

It's raining off and on here, and I like it.

See you all tomorrow!

Debbie

My friend also set me up on face book, but it's going to take me some time to figure things out. Right now it's pretty confusing, but I'm hoping to get the hang of it.

Deb